|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Spiritual Questions & Answers > Swami QnA 2007 > Lord Ram|
Title: Lord Ram
User: Gouranga dasa Date: 2007-04-06 01:52:28
Hare krishna Nitai Gauranga!!!
Dear Srila Gauranga pada,
Apart from the Lords own sweet will, Is there a reason for Lord Ram having a green complexion?
Title: Re: Lord Ram
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2007-04-06 14:03:07
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Jaya Guru Parampara! Pranams and Blessings ! As you said, Lord Raama is durva green because of His own unquestionable sweet free will. But some reasons can also be cited:
(1) Durva Green is the most favorite and dear color of Mother Sitaadevi, the eternal consort of Lord Raama, Who always wants to give happiness to Shrimati Sitaadevi.
(2) Lord Raama best servants and associates are the divine monkeys who always wander in green places like trees, fields etc.
(3) Lord Raama wanted to differenciate Himself as a Lilaa Avataara with a different color than the four Yuga Avataaras white white, red, blackish blue and molten gold colors.
(4) Lord Raam knew that He is going to perform His pastimes for 14 years in the green forests in exile.
(5) Green means cool and soothing. Lord Raam wanted to permanently soothe the pangs of the cycle of birth and death for His devotees.
(6) Durva green may also symbolize wealth. By bringing back Shrimati Sitaa from the demon Ravana, He wanted to show that wealth will permanently stay only with those who are on His side or His devotees. And no will be able to have only Sitaa without Raam for long.
(7) Green also means calm. He wanted to show that He is fully satisfied and calm within Himself as He is the source of everything.
(8) Green means nature. Lord Raam wanted to know that He is the Master of Nature. Nature is not manifested by chance as the scientists say. He is the Purusha behind the Prakriti (Nature).
The reasons can go on...but I will end here. Thankyou for your nice question.
Title: Re: Lord Ram
User: Gouranga dasa Date: 2007-04-06 19:16:17
very nice, thank you SwamiJi