|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Spiritual Questions & Answers > Pre-2007 QnA Swami Gaurangapada > self-realization, liberation and bhakti|
Title: self-realization, liberation and bhakti
User: Matus† Date: 2005-10-06 18:28:13
Our Dear Swami Gaurangapada,
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisances.
I would like to ask You the following questions:
1. What is the difference between self-realization and liberation? And what is the relation between them?
2. If it is said that the path of bhakti is means as well as destination, where are the self-realization and liberation on our way towards perfection situated?
3. Is it necesary to become self-realized to be able to enter the Kingdom of Godhead after we leave our material body?
Thank You very very much
Remaining with humble greetings and rememberance
Title: Re: self-realization, liberation and bhakti
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-07-28 08:57:49
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Jaya Guru Parampara! Pranams! :pranams: and Blessings! :bless:
1. Self-Realization has many levels but the basic level of self-realization that is to realize we are not this body but spirit soul is a preliminary requirement and qualification for all the five kinds of liberation.
2. Real bhakti starts after one rises over the brahma-bhuta liberation platform as described in the Gita.
3. Without self-realization, there can be no God realization and without God realization, one cannot enter the eternal Kingdom of God.