|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Spiritual Questions & Answers > Pre-2007 QnA Swami Gaurangapada > Mantra Shakti & Paramatma|
Title: Mantra Shakti & Paramatma
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-10-13 18:03:00
Questions by Amala Gauranga dasa, South Africa.
1) Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Did Shrila Bhaktisiddhanta ever teach any of his followers to chant the Pancha Tattva Mantra, or was this only introduced to us by Shrila Prabhupada?
2) What are the advantages for one who is chanting on beads
impregnated by his/her guru's mantra shakti,and also what are the
disadvantages for one who does not do so?
3) I was very surprised to learn that Shrimati Radharani has also located in Her the paramatma future. This surprised me as I thought that the paramatma feature was only in jivas or those that are
subordinate to the Lord.But Shrimati Radharani is God/Goddess, in a way She is not different from Krishna. Does this mean that Lord Nityananda Who is also not different from Gauranga-Krishna also have the paramatma feature in Him.
† 21/12 02:01:57†
†††† Reply to two questions by Amala Gauranga dasa:
Answer by Swami Gaurangapada:
(1) They specific advantage to chant on the Tulasi chanting beads received from the Spiritual Master is that one feels connected to the whole Guru Parampara and to invoke the mercy of the Guru and the Acharyas to give us taste for the chanting of the Holy Names.†
ekaaki aamaara nahi paya bala, harinama sankirtane,
tumi kripa kari shraddha bindu diyaa deha harinaama dhane.
Seventh Goswami Shrila Saccidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakura prays: "O Gurudeva, I do not have required strength or qualification to engage in Nama Sankirtana and Nama Bhajana on my own. Please have causeless mercy upon me and I will be happy if you award me a tiny drop of faith for the greatest treasure of Nitai Gaura & Hari Nama."
(2) Answer by Swami Gaurangapada:
Shrimati Radharani does not have any Paramatma feature in this material world. The Paramatma feature of the Lord is not present in the spiritual world as there the soul does not possess any material body and does not changs bodies. The four-handed Paramatma feature accompanies the soul from one body to another in this material world.
Shrimati Radhika is the Supreme Consort of the Lord in the spiritual world and has not to do directly with this material world. Of course She indirectly expands into the so many forms of demigoddesses in this material world like Durga, Ambika, Kali, Sarasvati etc. for the maintainence of this material universe.
Shrimati Radha expands into three divine forms in the eternal pastimes which is a very elevated subject for discussion. Kirtidaa Raadhaa knows that Lord Krishna never leaves Shri Vrindavana so She feels feels separation (vipralambha) known as pravaasa that Lord Krishna has gone to a distant place. Vaamaa Raadhaa thinks that Lord Krishna has gone to Mathura so She enters the celestial sphere of Gokula and attains His association there. Kaamaa Radha goes to Kurkshetra to see Lord Krishna in the manifest pastimes. But these are all features in the spiritual and eternal pastimes and cannot be compared to the Parmatma and Brahman features which are solely for the sake of maintaining this material world and thus are not present in the spiritual world. I hope this helps.