|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Spiritual Questions & Answers > 2007 QnA Swami Gaurangapada > Lord Shiva in Vraj and Navadvipa Dhama|
Title: Lord Shiva in Vraj and Navadvipa Dhama
User: Anonymous Date: 2007-04-23 20:18:52
My Dear Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble Pranam at your lotus feet.
I was reading one of your answer to another devotee's inquiry. Now, I came to the understanding that Lord Shiva is protecting Holy Dhamas from all directions. I am curious that how is the King Aurangzeb attacked Mathura and mostly destroy the original birth place of Lord Krishna inspite of protection from higher authority. Why Aurangzeb was not prevented and was not punished by any superior demigods for this grievous action. Some how there is a very little part of Lord birth place is left that pilgrims are blessed to visit from far distance. The actual spot where Lord Krishna appeared is forbiden even today. I will appreciate your answer to my uninteligent question.
Yours in Gaur-Nitai's service.
Title: Re: Lord Shiva in Vraj and Navadvipa Dhama
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2007-04-23 22:01:48
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Jaya Guru Parampara! Pranams! There are many answers to this question:
(1) Aurangzeb could not do anything to the actual spriritual abode and birthplace of the Lord. He could only walk on a covering of illusory energy over the Dhaam and destroy the structures which he saw with his material eyes. The full spiritual potency of all the places of Lord Krishna's birth and pastimes still remains intact and a sincere devotee can experience it when he or she visits there. Aurangzeb could not even tough the actual divinity of the Dhaam what to speak of harming it.
(2) Aurangzeb had to bear the reactions but after his death.
(3) Sometimes the Lord wants to bewilder and fulfill the desires of the atheists by creating a situation which the atheists can use to show to the world that God does not exist or convince others to give up their faith in the Lord. This is a test of the Lord for the souls who really want to attain Him.
(4) The Lord wanted to relish special services from His devotees during these attacks and to go to special places like Jaipur to deliver the souls there. The Lord has many divine reasons for orchestrating such things and it is impossible for us to comprehend all of them.
(5) According to Shrila Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura, Lord Krishna appeared simultaneously in two places, as Vasudeva Krishna in the prison of Kansa and as the most original Shyamasundara Krishna in the Nandabhavana in Gokula. So the Nandabhavana is still fully manifest for us to have darshan.