|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > SG Translated and Main Scriptures > Songs Translated by SG and Others > Gauranga Karuna Koro|
Gauranga Karuna Koro
"Be Merciful Lord Gauranga"
By Mahabhagavata Shrila Narottama dasa Thakura
Translated by BRS Swami Gaurangapada.
gauranga karuna koro, dina hina jane
mo-samo patita prabhu, nahi tri-bhuvane
1) "O my dear Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu! Please bestow Your causeless mercy upon this lowly, destitute and insignificant soul. O Lord! There is no one more fallen and downtrodden than myself in all the three worlds."
dante trna dhori' gaura, daki he tomar
krpa kori' eso amar, hrdoya mandire
2) "Humbly holding straw between my teeth, O Lord Gauranga, I am desperately calling out to You now loudly! Please be compassionate upon me and come now to reside within the temple of my heart forever."
jadi doya na koribe, patita dekhiya
patita pavana nama, kishera lagiya
3) "If You do not give me Your supreme mercy, seeing how fallen and condemned I am, then how can You claim to own Your Name of Patita Pavana which means the merciful Savior of the most fallen?
podechi bhava tuphane, nahika nistar
shri charana tarani dane, dase koro par
4) "I am plunged amidst the violent hurricane-stricken waves in the ocean of this material world which are constantly battering me. Feeling totally lost, I see no means to escape from this deluge. Quickly give me the shelter of Your supremely divine Lotus Feet and Holy Names, which will act like a divine boat in which Your servant (me) will be able to cross over this expansive ocean of birth and death.
shri krishna chaitanya prabhu, daser anudas
prarthana koraye sada, narottam das
5) "Narottama Dasa, the servant of the servant of Lord Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, ceaselessly makes this prayer at the Lotus Feet of Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu and begs Him to fulfill it."