|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > SG Translated and Main Scriptures > Shri Chaitanya Chandramrita > Ch 9 The Most Exalted Position of Lord Gauranga & His Holy Name > 101: Seven ever-fresh features...|
Verse 101: Seven ever-fresh features...
saundarye kama-kotih sakala-jana-samahladane candra-kotir
vatsalye matri-kotis tridasha-vitapinam kotir audarya sare
gambhirye’mbhodhi-kotir madhuramani sudha-kshira-madhvika-kotir
gauro devah sa jiyat pranaya-rasa-pade darshitashcarya-kotih (101)
Explanatory Translation by BRS Swami Gaurangapada:
Verse 101: "All Glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu and His divine Holy Name, Who are:
(1) more handsome and beautiful than millions of Cupids;
(When Cupid arises in the heart, the heart is pierced by the sharp painful arrows of lust, anger and greed but when the beauty of Lord Gauranga and His Holy Name arises in our heart the heart is forever freed from the most painful miseries of material existence for this shower of nectar.)
(2) more pleasing, soothing and mollifying to all living entities than millions of Moons;
(Moonlight is available only in the night and the full moon is only available twice a month. Also the moon has some black spots. But the moonlight emanating from the transcendental Divine Form and Holy Name of Lord Gauranga is more brilliant and soothing than the moonlight of millions of full moons combined together. This moonlight has no black spots and is also constantly shining on all the living entities during the day and night.)
(3) supremely more affectionate than millions of Mothers;
(A mother is specially affectionate to only her child but Lord Gauranga and His Holy Name are supremely and equally affectionate to all living entities in this universe without any discrimination as all souls are the Lord's own part and parcels.)
(4) supremely more magnanimous than millions and millions of celestial Desire-trees;
(A desire-tree is only merciful when some qualified person approaches it but Lord Gauranga and His Holy Name are causelessly and supremely merciful to every soul irrespective of whether one approaches Them or not or whether one is qualified or unqualified. A desire-tree can only fulfill one's explicit desires but Lord Gauranga and His Holy Name not only fulfill all all our desires in the past, present and future but also give Themselves completely to those who approach Them.)
(5) supremely more profound than millions of Oceans.
(An ocean is very deep but it is inanimate and it's depth is measurable. Whereas Lord Gauranga and His Holy Name are so unlimitedly profound being so full of infinite spiritual emotions that no one can ever fathom or reach the end of Their glories.)
(6) millions of times more sweeter than sudhaa, kshira and maadhvika celestial Nectars (which are the essence of all nectars) combined together;
(By drinking the celestial nectars, the demigods becomes intoxicated and attached to the bodily platform of life and become puffed-up thinking themselves as enjoyers. But drinking the sweetest nectar of the beauty of Lord Gauranga's Form and Holy Name, the devotees spontaneously develop all the great virtues like humility, purity, detachment etc. without any separate effort.),
(7) filled every moment with millions upon millions of newer and newer greatly astonishing, superexcellent and wonderful sentiments of pure and splendid nectar of Lord Gauranga's own pure ecstatic love."