|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > SG Translated and Main Scriptures > Memorial Items of Nityananda Gauranga|
Worshipable Memorial Paraphernalia still present
from the Pastimes of Lords Nityananda Gauranga
Compiled by Shri Haridasa
in his Gaudiya Vaishnava Abhidhana
Translated and Copyrighted by Dasharatha-suta dasa
Kindly support the Author by buying his books here:
(A) PERSONAL ITEMS
(B) ORIGINAL HANDWRITING
(C) SACRED FOOTPRINTS
(D) EARLY DEITIES
Deities Established by the Goswamis
Deities Established by Vajranabha (Shri Krishna’s Grandson)
Other Famous Early Deities
(E) EARLY PAINTINGS
* * * * *
(A) - PERSONAL ITEMS -
(1) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's wooden sandals, clay water-pot and quilt - in His room called Gambhira at the Sri Radha-Kanta Matha, Jagannatha Puri.
(2) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's shawl (upper cloth) - at the Sri Madana-Mohana Mandira, Saithiya Bhadrak District, Orissa (on the bank of the Salindi River ).
(3) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's wooden sandals, cloth and water-pot - at the Grantha-Mandira Sri Bhagavatacarya-Patabadi, Varaha-nagara, Calcutta .
(4) A wooden seat (asana) that Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's sent to Sri Gopala Bhatta Gosvami - at Sri Radha-Ramana Mandira, Vrndavana (mentioned in many biographies).
(5) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's wooden sandals - at Udaya Giri near Bhuvanesvara in Orissa.
(6) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's wooden paddle (that He used to cross the Ganga) - at Sri Guridasa Pandita's Mandira, Ambika Kalana, Bengal , Nadiya District (mentioned in Bhakti-Ratnakara, 7.335)
(7) Sriman Nityananda prabhu's turban - at Sri Haridasa Gosvami's home Navadvipa.
(8) Sriman Nityananda Prabhu's Ananta-Sila, Tripura-Sundari-Yantra, and wooden walking-stick - at Khadadaha Mandira, Bengal .
(9) Sri Sanatana Gosvami's fine Bhutanese blanket - at Etoya on the Yamuna River .
(10) Sri Abhirama Thakura's whip named Jaya-Mangala, and his stick named Brahma-Danda - at his temple in Khana-kula Krsna-nagara, Bengal .
(11) Sri Haridasa Thakura's bead-bag and walking stick - at the Haridasa Thakura Matha, Jagannatha Puri, Orissa.
(12) Sri Raghu-nandana Thakura's ankle-bells - at the Mahanta Bati in Kudui-grama, Varddamana, Bengal .
(13) Srinivasa Acarya Prabhu's wooden sandals - at Vana-Visnu-Pura, Bankuda.
(14) Sri Rasikananda Prabhu's neck-beds and quilt - at Sripata Gopi-vallabha-pura
(15) Sri Locana Dasa Thakura's stone sitting-place that he had used when writing Sri Caitanya-Mangala - at Ko-grama, Varddhamana District.
(B) - ORIGINAL HANDWRITING
(1) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's handwritten Bhagavad-Gita - at Ambika Kalana in Gauridasa Pandita's Mandira (mentioned in Bhakti-Ratnakara, 7.340)
(2) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's handwritten notes between the lines of Bhagavad-Gita that was handwritten by Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami - at Bharata-Pura.
(3) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's handwritten notes on Srimad-Bhagavatam manuscript - Denuda, Varaha-nagar a Patabadi Library, Vaddhamana District.
(4) Sri Gadadhara Pandita's handwritten Srimad-Bhagavatam - at Denuda.
(5) Handwritten books by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Sanatana Gosvami - at Sri Radha Damodara Mandira in Vrndavana, and at Haribol Kutira, Navadvipa,
(6) Sri Vrndavana Dasa Thakur's handwritten Sri Caitanya-Bhagavata - at Denuda.
(7) Sri Bhagavat Acarya's handwritten Krishna-Prema-Tarangini (Bengali versification of Shrimad Bhagavatam) - at Varaha-nagara Patabadi.
(8) A letter written by Sri Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami pertaining to Sri Radha-Kunda - at Radha Kunda, and in the library at Panihati.
(9) A bill of sale for some land in Vraja, written from a local resident to Sri Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami - at Varaha-nagara Library.
(10) An old letter written by the Muslim Emperor Humayun Bada Shah regarding the prohibition of killing animals in Vraja - at Sri Vrndavana.
(C) - SACRED FOOTPRINTS -
(1) Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's footprints in stone - at the Jagannatha Mandira, Puri, Orissa. Formerly, these were next to the pillar called Garuda-stambha, but they were moved to a small temple near the north gate of Mandira.
(2) Impression of Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's body offering full dandavat (prostrated obeisances with all limbs) - at the Alalanatha Mandira, 14 miles from Puri.
(3) Sri Advaita Prabhu's footprints - upon a grindstone at Jhadu-Mandala In Sri Vrndavana.
(4 ) Sri Krsna's footprints - atop the mountain called Carana-Pahadi in Kamyavana (one of the 12 forests of Vraja)
(5) Footprints of Sri Krsna and hoofprints of His cows - at carana-pahadi in th village of Baithana in Vraja
(6) Rocks from Govardhana, Hill bearing Sri Krsna footprint - at the Radha-Damodara Mandira in Sri Vrndavana, and also in Jaipura.
(7) Sri Krsna's footpirnts in rock atop the hill of Nandisvara (Nanda-grama ) in Vraja -
(8) A rock from Govardhana Hill bearing Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's thumb-print, which He gave to Sri Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami - Radha-Gokulananda Mandira, Vrndavana.
(D) - EARLY DEITIES -
(1) Deity of Sri Gaura established by Sri Visnu-priya - at Navadvipa (mentioned by Murari Gupta in Caitanya-Carita, 4.14.8).
(2) Sri Nitai Gaura established by Gauridasa Pandita - at Ambika Kalana (Mentioned by Murari Gupta in Sri Caitanya-Carita, 4.14.12)
(3) Sri -Nitai-Gaura established by Murari Gupta - at Bana-Khandi Mahadeva, Vrndavana.
(4) Sri Gaura-Govinda established by Sri Kasisvara Pandita - at Sri Govinda Mandira in Vrndavana (mentioned in Sadhan-Dipika, Ch. 2, page 24)
(5) Sri Gaura-Nityananda established by Sri Mahesa Pandita - at Cakadaha, Palapada
(6) Sri Gaura-Gopala establised by Sri Jagadisa Pandita - at Yasoda, Nadiya
(7) Three Deities of Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's that were made during His presence - one installed by Narahari Sarakara Thakura at Srikhanda; one installed by Sri Gadadhara Dasa at Katoya one installed by Sri Kamsari Ghosa at Ganga-nagara (Baguda).
(8) Sri Laksmi-priya and Gauanga discovered in an abandoned barn by Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura -at Khetuda (mentioned in Bhakti-Ratnakara, 10.191-203).
(9) Sri Sri Yasho-Madhava discovered by Sri Jagannatha Thakura - at Adiyala, Daka.
(10) Sri Meyo-Krsna served Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami - at Bharata-pura, Musidabad Districts.
(11) Sri Bala Gopala served by Sri Satyabhanu Upadhaya (the wandering vipra mentioned in Sri Caitanya-Bhagavata) - at Sri Haridasa Gosvami's home, Navadipa.
(12) Sri Ksira-cora Goinatha - at Remuna Orissa.
(13) Sri Gopinatha served by Sri Abhirama Thakura - at Khana -Kula Krsna-nagara.
(14) Sri Tota-Gopinatha (found by Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu at Yamesvara Tota) - at Jagannatha Puri, Orissa
(15) Sri Saksi-Gopala - formerly at Kataka, now at a temple near Puri.
*** Deities Established By The Gosvamis ***
(16) Sri Govinda installed by Srila Rupa Gosvami at Vrndavana - now in Jaipura.
(17) Sri Madana-Mohana installed by Srila Sanatana Gosvami at Vrndavana - now in Karauli.
(18) Sri Radha Damodara installed by Srila Jiva Gosvami in Vrndavana - in Jaipura.
(19) Sri Radha-Ramana installed by Srila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami - in Vrndavana.
(20) Sri Gopinatha installed by Srila Madhu Pandita Gosvami at Vrndavana - in Jaipura.
(21) Sri Radha-Vinod installed by Srila Lokanatha Gosvami - now in Jaipura.
(22) Sri Syama-Sundara installed by Srila Syamananda Prabhu - now in Jaipura.
(23) Sri Gokulananda installed by Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura- in Vrndavana along with Sri Radha-Vijaya-Govinda of Srila Baladeva Vidya-bhusana, and Sri Caitanya of Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura.
*** Deities Established In Vraja By Vajra-nabha, Sri Krsna's Grandson ***
(24-27) FOUR DEVAS - (in Vrndavana) Sri Govinda-deva; (in Mathura ) Sri Kesava-deva; (in Govardhana) Sri Hari-deva; (in Maha-vana) Sri Baladeva.
(28-31) FOUR GOPALAS - (in Vrndavana) Saksi-Gopala, Gopinath-Gopala, Madana-Gopala; (in Govardhana) Srinatha-Gopala.
(32-35) FOUR SIVAS - (in Mathura ) Bhutesvara; (in Vrndavana) Gopisvara; ( in Govardhana) Cakresvara; (in Kamya-vana) Kamesvara.
(36-39) FOUR DEVIS - (in Mathura ) Maha-Devi; (in Vrndavana) Vrnda-Devi; (in Cira-Ghata) Katyayani; (in Sanketa) Sanketak Sanketa-Vasini.
*** Other Famous Early Deities ***
(40) Sri Syama-sundara in Khadadaha;
(41) Sri Gaura-Nitai in Sukacara;
(42) Sri Madana-Mohana in Panihati;
(43) Sri Nanda-Dulala in Saibona;
(44) Sri Jagannatha in Mahesa;
(45) Sri Mahaprabhu in Catara;
(46) Bala-Gopala in Endedaha;
(47) Sri Radha Vallabha in Vallabha-pura;
(48) Sri Madana-Gopala in Santi-pura;
(49) Mohana-Raya and Krsna-Raya in Baharampura;
(50-55) the six sets of Deities established during Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura's celebration of the first Gaura-Purnima festival (appearance day of Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu ) in Khetari - Gauranga, Vallabhi-Kanta, Radha-Ramana, Vraja-Mohana, Radha-Kanta, and Sri Krsna;
(56) Sri Nanda Dulala in Jalala-pura;
(57) Sri Laksmi-Visnu-priya established in Rajasahi, Khetari, by Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura;
(58) a Deity established in the King's palace of Puri by Maharaja Prataparudra;
(59) A Deity established in Campahati, Varddhamana, by Sri Vaninatha Thakura.
(E) -EARLY PAINTINGS -
(1) Famous painting done by Sri Visakha Devi herself of Sri Madana-Gopala, painted for the pleasure of Srimati Radharani - as mentioned in Srila Rupa Gosvami's Vidagdha-Madhava-Nataka.
(2) Painting of Sriman Mahaprabhu - at Ma Jahnava Ghata next to Sri Radha-Kunda.
(3) Painting of Sri Mahaprabhu with His associates - at the King's palace in Kunja-ghata, Baharampura.
(4) Life-size painting of Sri Mahaprabhu - in the King's palace at Puri.
(5) Painting in Bhonsala House in Bombay (bought from Vargira Bangala).
(6) Painting of Rasa-Raja-Mahabhava at Srila Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami's bhajana-kutira in Radha-kunda; upon the request of the Muslim emperor of Delgi, the royal artist of the King of Orissa went before Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu and painted His portrait exactly true to the Lord's countenance.
(7) Painting of Sri Caitanya Sankirtana, done in the mid-17th century; it used to be Srinivasa Acarya's house in Yaji-grama, but is now in Mallika Mahasaya Thakura's house in Endedaha.