|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > SG Translated and Main Scriptures > Glories of Puri Navadvipa Dhama > Stanzas 1-15|
The Glories of Puri-Navadvipa Dhaam
Adapted By His Holiness
BRS Swami Gaurangapada
(1) Continuously thinking of Puri and Navadvipa with devotion, while chanting the Holy Names and rolling in the dust here, I offer my entire body to the service of the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa and thus develop firm love for Vrindavana Dhama. I worship the best of all holy places Puri Dhama and Navadvipa Dhama, which are the pastimes playgrounds of Lords Nityananda Gauranga and all Their Associates by trying to satisfy the moving and non-moving living entities who eternally reside here.
(2) If the Vedanta does
not directly describe the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa, why should that
matter to me? If the faulty logicians, who are like serpents speculating about
the Vedic literatures, ignore Puri and Navadvipa, why should I care? If even
the devotees of the Lord do not understand the glories of Puri and Navadvipa,
how does that affect me? Even if, by
staying in the Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa
my body and mind were greatly distressed, as if pierced by thousands of
thunderbolts, I would not leave from
here, because I know for certain that it is by the mercy of these Holy Abodes
that a fallen soul like me will be able to eventually see Lords Nityananda
Gauranga and Shri Shri Radha Krishna face to face.
(3) The Holy Abodes of Shri Puri Dhama and Shri Navadvipa Dhama are perfect in all respects since They have been imprinted by the lotus foot-marks of the Supreme Personalities of Godhead Lords Nityananda Gauranga. Those who claim that there are defects in These supremely pure Holy Abodes are blind fools who have become the laughing-stock for everyone. O Lord Gaurahari, I simply pray unto You that during my life and even on my deathbed I shall not have the misfortune of closely beholding or intimately talking with any of these people.
(4) If someone relates to me the faults of one of the moving or non-moving residents of the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa, then how is his action different from cutting me with many sharpened swords, arrows, and javelins and other weapons? The residents of Puri and Navadvipa who are devotees of the Lord are all as dear to Lord Gaurahari as His own life as stated by the Lord Himself in the Puranas. If one is a little bit inimical to even a single blade of grass in these two Holy Abodes, then who will be able to rescue him from the horrible hell which awaits him? When will that rescue occur?
(5) The materialists, who are strongly attached to the objects of sense-gratification, the ascetics, who are so renounced that they cannot tolerate even a glimpse of sense-happiness, the earnestly endeavoring yogis, the impersonalists, whose minds have become merged in Brahman happiness, and even the devotees, whose minds have entered within the lotus flower which is Lord Gauranga-Krishna's feet, are all enchanted by the transcendental beauty and qualities of these two dear Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa which are non-different from Vrindavana.
(6) If one studies the
Upanishads for a very long time he will not obtain even an atomic particle of
transcendental sweetness as a result of his dry study. On the other hand,
simply by residing in the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa one will become
quickly drowned in a great ocean of transcendental nectar. May those Supreme
Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa become manifested within my heart along with the
divine Pastimes which eternally Lord Gauranga performs here!
(7) When, patiently tolerating hundreds of kicks, millions of insults, and the constant onslaught of hunger, thirst, cold, heat, and hundreds of other sufferings, penniless, agitated, shedding a great shower of tears, and calling out the Holy Names of Nityananda, Gauranga and Hare Krishna in a piteous voice, will I wander on the shore of the salt-water ocean in Puri Dhama and the banks of the Ganga in Navadvipa Dhama?
(8) Today or tomorrow this worthless material body will leave me and I will lose all the material happiness connected with it. Because this material happiness is temporary, it should be understood to be only a mirage of the real happiness. O my mind, please abandon this false happiness and enjoy the real, eternal happiness of devotional service within the lands of the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa.
(9) How important are the most powerful earthly kings for us? How important are all the demigods and sages? How important are countless material opulences which come and go like the scenery in a dream? How important are even the liberated devotees who reside in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha, for those of us who have made residing in Puri and Navadvipa as our only goal of life?
(10) What is the use of royal pleasures? What is the use of perfecting the yoga-system and traveling to the upper planets? What is the use of the great variety of material endeavors to attain useless ends? These things are insignificant in comparison to residence in Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa. Simply by living in the offenseless Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa, I shall one day be able to hear the sweet sound of Lord Shri Krishna's flute in Vrindavana, which brings the hearer the best of all kinds of transcendental bliss.
(11) These Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa are like the incomparable essences of the ocean of pure love for Lord Gauranga-Krishna, or they are like the sweetest islands which ornament that ocean of pure love. The nectar of these lands of Puri and Navadvipa is relished by the greatest of great sages. I pray that these Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa may give me shelter until the moment when I leave this body. If I die anywhere else outside these two Holy Abodes where the Supreme Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu performs His eternal pastimes, the whole purpose of devotional service throughout my life will be defeated.
(12) Only two or three exalted souls can properly appreciate or worship these Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa which grant all-auspiciousness and complete transcendental bliss to all who reside within Their boundaries. I, who am spiritually blind, pray to Lord Gambhiranath Navadvipa-chandra, that Puri and Navadvipa become my mothers and protectresses.
(13) My body may be decorated with the garments and ornaments of bodily beauty or it may be wrecked with terrible disease. I may be praised or defamed with millions of words. I may become the master of all wealth, or I may be reduced to abject poverty. I may be free from all suffering, or I may be almost dead with pain. Whatever my condition, I shall always remain close to Lord Tota Gopinatha in Puri Dhama in Whom Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu merged at the time of His Disappearance from this world in the year 1534 AD. May I also breathe my last in this most Holy Temple of Shri Shri Radha Tota Gopinatha where Lord Gauranga, Lord Nityananda and Shri Gadadhara enjoy Their transcendental pastimes!
(14) O friend, you may experience either happiness or distress. You may know fame or infamy. The lowest persons may insult you, or the saintly devotees praise you. You may know poverty or great wealth. You may obtain all valuable things, or you may not obtain anything. Whatever position your past pious or impious deeds may place you in, just make the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa as your life and soul fully understanding that these two Abodes are the only gateway to enter into the eternal pastimes of Lords Nityananda Gauranga and Shri Shri Radha Krishna in the spiritual world at the end of your life so that you never take birth again in this ghastly and dreadful cycle of birth and death.
(15) O friend, flee from the witch of mundane association, and uproot all desires for material enjoyment. Accept whatever destiny provides for your bodily maintenance, and just reside in the Holy Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa constantly beholding the places where Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu (Radha and Krishna combined) has performed His nectarine pastimes. Whatever you are working for now and accumulating is anyway going to be destroyed at the time of death and the only thing which will come with your soul is the chanting and devotional service which you will perform in the most merciful Abodes of Puri and Navadvipa.