|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Sharanagati > Third Principle of Surrender|
Third Principle of Surrender:
Acceptance of the Lord as Sole Maintainer
- Four Songs -
ki jani ki bale, tomara dhamete,
tumi doya-moy, patita-pavana,
1) By what personal understanding or by what power has one such as I come into Your shelter? Surely it is by Your mercy alone, for as Doya-moy and Patita-pavana You are ever engaged in the deliverance of the fallen souls.
bharasa amara, ei matra natha!
tumi to’ karuna-moy
tava doya-patra, nahi mora sama,
avashya ghucabe bhoy
2) My only hope, O Lord, is that You are full of compassion and mercy. There is no one more in need of Your mercy than I. You will surely drive away all my fears.
amare tarite, kaharo shakati,
doyala thakura! ghoshana tomara,
adhama pamare trahi
3) No one else in the world has the power to rescue me. O merciful Lord! By Your decree, kindly deliver this vile and lowly sinner!
sakala chadiya, asiyachi ami,
tomara carane natha!
ami nitya-dasa, tumi palayita,
tumi gopta, jagannatha!
4) I have given up everything and come to Your lotus feet, O Lord. I am Your eternal servant, and You are the maintainer. You are my sole protector, O Lord of the universe!
tomara sakala, ami matra dasa,
amara taribe tumi
tomara carana, korinu varana,
amara nahi to’ ami
5) Everything is Yours. I am merely Your menial servant, so it is certain that You will deliver me. I have chosen Your lotus feet as my only shelter. I no longer belong to myself.
bhakativinoda, kandiya sharana,
lo’yeche tomara pay
kshami’ aparadha, name ruci diya,
palana korohe tay
6) Bhaktivinoda weeps as he humbly takes takes shelter at Your feet. Forgiving all his offenses, affording him a taste for the holy name, oh kindly maintain him!
sarvada vyakula ami chinu mane mane
1) Within my mind I have always been anxious for the maintenance of my wife and children, my own body and relatives.
kemone arjibo artha, yasha kise pabo
kanya-putra-vivaha kemone sampadibo
2) How will I earn money? How will I acquire fame? How will I arrange the marriages of my sons and daughters?
ebe atma-samarpane cinta nahi ar
tumi nirvahibe prabhu, samsara tomar
3) Now, through self-surrender, I have been relieved of all anxiety. O Lord, surely You will provide for the maintenance of Your own household.
tumi to’ palibe more nija-dasa jani’
tomara sevaya prabhu bodo sukha mani
4) Recognizing me as Your own servant, You will certainly maintain me. While rendering devotional service unto You I feel the greatest happiness.
tomara icchaya prabhu sab karya hoy
jiva bole,-`kori ami’, se to’ satya noy
5) All events take place only by Your will, O Lord. The deluded soul of this world declares “I am the doer!” but this is pure folly.
jiva ki korite pare, tumi na korile?
asha-matra jiva kore, tava iccha-phale
6) What is a tiny soul actually able to do unless You act? The jiva can only desire to act, and unless You fulfill his desire by Your own sweet will, he cannot do anything.
nishcinta hoiya ami sevibo tomay
grihe bhalo-manda ho’le nahi mora day
7) Being free from all anxiety, I will humbly render service unto You. If any good or evil should occur while serving in Your home, it will not be my responsibility.
bhakativinoda nija-swatantrya tyajiya
tomara carana seve’ akincana hoiya
8) Bhaktivinoda thus completely renounces his own independence and engages in the exclusive service of Your lotus feet with no other interest in life.
sarvasva tomar, carane sampiya,
podechi tomara ghare
tumi to’ thakur, tomara kukur,
boliya janaho more
1) Now that I have surrendered all that I possess unto Your lotus feet, I throw myself down before Your house. You are the master of the house; kindly consider me Your own dog.
bandhiya nikate, amare palibe,
rohibo tomara dware
pratipa-janere, asite na dibo,
rakhibo gadera pare
2) Chaining me nearby, You will maintain me, and I shall lie at Your doorstep. I will not allow Your enemies to enter, but will keep them outside the bounds of the surrounding moat.
tava nija-jana, prasad seviya,
ucchishta rakhibe jaha
amara bhojan, parama-anande,
prati-din ha’be taha
3) Whatever food remnants Your devotees leave behind after honoring Your prasad will be my daily sustenance. I will feast on those remnants in great bliss.
bosiya shuiya, tomara carana,
cintibo satata ami
nacite nacite, nikate jaibo,
jakhona dakibe tumi
4) While sitting up or lying down, I will constantly meditate on Your lotus feet. Whenever You call, I will immediately run to You and dance in rapture.
nijera poshana, kabhu na bhavibo,
rohibo bhavera bhore
bhakativinoda, tomare palaka,
boliya varana kore
5) I will never think for my own nourishment, and will remain absorbed in ever cherishing love for my Master. Bhaktivinoda now accepts You as his only maintainer.
tumi sarveshvareshvara, brajendra-kumara!
tomara icchaya vishve shrijana samhara
1) O youthful son of the King of Vraja, You are Lord of all lords. According to Your will, creation and destruction take place in the universe.
tava iccha-mato brahma korena shrijana
tava iccha-mato vishnu korena palana
2) According to Your will Lord Brahma creates, and according to Your will Lord Vishnu maintains.
tava iccha-mate shiva korena samhara
tava iccha-mate maya shrije karagara
3) According to Your will Lord Shiva destroys, and according to Your will Maya constructs the prison house of this world.
tava iccha-mate jiver janama-marana
samriddhi-nipate duhkha sukha-samghatana
4) According to Your will the living beings take birth and die, and according to Your will they meet with prosperity and ruin, happiness and sorrow.
miche maya-baddha jiva asha-pashe phire’
tava iccha bina kichu korite na pare
5) The tiny soul bound up by Maya vainly struggles in the fetters of worldly desire. Without Your sanction he is unable to do anything.
tumi to’ rakhaka ar palaka amara
tomara carana bina asha nahi ara
6) You are my only protector and maintainer. Except for Your lotus feet there is no other hope for me.
nija-bala-ceshta-prati bharasa chadiya
tomara icchaya achi nirbhara koriya
7) No longer confident of my own strength and endeavor, I have become solely dependent on Your will.
bhakativinoda ati dina akincana
tomara icchaya ta’r jivana marana
8) Bhaktivinoda is most poor, and his pride has been leveled. Now in accordance with Your will he lives and dies.