|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Navadvipa Krishna Chaitanya Holy Land > Parikrama Places > Vriddha Shiva|
About 10 meters from the Yoga Pith on the southern side at the bank of the Ganges is Vriddha Shiva, or Shiva Doba. At the time of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, a temple of Vriddha Shiva stood at this place, which once marked the southern boundary of Mayapur. But this temple was covered due to the flow of the Ganges. This ghat is now known as Shiva Doba. Shri Nityananda Prabhu, when He mercifully initiated the first parikrama of Shri Navadwip Dham in the early 1500's, had given to Jiva Goswami the vision of Vriddha Shiva at this place. Hare Krishna!