|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Siksastaka > Song 7|
gaite gaite nama ki dasha hoilo
`krishna-nitya-dasa mui’ hridoye sphurilo
1) What was my condition after repeatedly chanting the holy name? The realization that “I am the eternal servant of Krishna” spontaneously became manifest within my heart.
janilam maya-pashe e jada-jagate
govinda-virahe duhkha pai nana-mate
2) I realized that I was ensnared in the noose of maya’s illusion, being trapped within this dull mundane universe, and that I simply experience misery in various ways due to separation from Lord Govinda.
ar je samsara mor nahi lage bhalo
kaha jai’ krishna heri-e cinta vishalo
3) Furthermore, I realized that I do not like this worldly existence. “Where can I go to see Krishna?”-this was my great anxiety.
kandite kandite mor ankhi-varishoy
varsha-dhara heno cakshe hoilo udoy
4) Crying and crying, tears poured from my eyes, appearing just like torrents of rain in the monsoon season.
nimeshe hoilo mora shata-yuga-sam
govinda-viraha ar sahite aksham
5) Unable to bear separation from Lord Govinda any longer, for me the passing of a moment became like a hundred long ages.
shunya dhara-tala, caudike dekhiye,
parana udasa hoy
ki kori, ki kori, sthira nahi hoy,
jivana nahiko roy
6) As I look about in all directions, the surface of the earth appears to be void, and my very life-breath feels empty. What am I doing? What am I doing? I do not feel at all tranquil, and the life within my body is slipping away.
braja-basi-gan, mora prana rakho,
bhakativinoda, minati maniya,
laohe tahare sathe
7) O residents of Vraja-dhama! Please save my life and show me the Lord of Shri Radha! O consider the prayers of this Bhaktivinoda and take him into His company!
shri-krishna-viraha ar sahite na pari
paran chadite ar din dui cari
8) I am unable to further tolerate this separation from my Lord Shri Krishna and am ready to give up my life in two days or four.
gaite govinda-nam, upajilo bhava-gram,
dekhilam jamunara kule
brishabhanu-suta-sange, shyama-nata-bara range,
banshari bajaya nipa-mule
1) Upon singing the holy name of Govinda, a host of ecstasies arose within me... and I saw Lord Shyamasundar, the best of dancing actors, standing on the banks of the Yamuna in the company of the daughter of Maharaja Vrishabhanu. He was playing His flute with great delight at the base of a kadamba tree.
dekhiya yugala-dhana, asthira hoilo mana,
jnana-hara hoinu takhon
koto-kshane nahi jani, jnana-labha hoilo mani,
ara nahi bhelo darashan
2) Seeing the treasured Divine Couple of Vraja, my mind became unsteady and I lost consciousness. I do not know for how long I was unconscious, but when I awoke that vision of Radha and Krishna was no longer present.
sakhi go, kemate dharibo paran
nimesha hoilo yugera saman
1) O my dear girlfriend! How will I maintain my life? The passing of a mere moment has become like a vast age of time.
shravanera dhara, ankhi-varishoy,
shunya bhelo dhara-tala
govinda-virahe, prana nahi rohe,
kemone vancibo bolo
2) Tears flow from my eyes like torrents of rain in the month of Shravana, and the face of the earth has become totally void. In separation from Govinda my life cannot go on... please tell how I will be able to live.
bhakativinoda, asthira hoiya,
punah namashraya kori’
dake radha-natha, diya darashan,
prana rakho, nahe mari
3) Bhaktivinoda has become very restless and again takes shelter of the holy name, calling out, “O Lord of Radha! By bestowing Your audience, please save my life! By Your mercy alone I shall not perish!”