|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Siksastaka > Song 3|
shri-krishna-kirtane jadi manasa tohar
parama jatane tahi labho adhikar
1) If your mind is always absorbed in chanting the glories of Lord Krishna with great care, then by that process of Shri-krishna-kirtana you will attain transcendental qualification.
trinadhika hina, dina, akincana char
apane manobi sada chadi’ ahankar
2) You should give up all false pride and always consider yourself to be worthless, destitute, lower and more humble than a blade of grass.
vriksha-sama kshama-guna korobi sadhan
prati-himsa tyaji’ anye korobi palan
3) You should practice forgiveness like that of a tree, and giving up violence toward other living beings, you should protect and maintain them.
jivana-nirvahe ane udvega na dibe
para-upakare nija-sukha pasaribe
4) In the course of passing your life, you should never give anxiety to others, but rather do good to them while forgetting about your own happiness.
hoile-o sarva-gune guni mahashoy
pratishthasha chadi koro amani hridoy
5) When one has thus become a great soul, possessing all good qualities, one should abandon all desires for fame and honor and make one’s heart humble.
krishna-adhishthana sarva-jive jani’ sada
korobi sammana sabe adare sarvada
6) Knowing that Lord Krishna resides within all living creatures, one should with great respect consistently show honor to all beings.
dainya, doya, anye mana, pratishtha-varjan
cari gune guni hoi’ koroha kirtan
7) By possessing these four qualities-humility, mercifulness, respect toward others, and the renunciation of desires for prestige-one becomes virtuous. In such a state you may sing the glories of the Supreme Lord.
bhakativinoda kandi’, bole prabhu-pay
heno adhikara kabe dibe he amay
8) Weeping, Bhaktivinoda submits his prayer at the lotus feet of the the Lord: “O Lord, when will you give me the qualification for possessing attributes such as these?”