|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Radhastaka > Song 4|
rasika nagari- gana-shiromani,
brishabhanu-raja, shuddha kalpa-balli,
1) Shrimati Radharani is the crest jewel of all amorous young maidens who take pleasure in relishing transcendental mellows. She is a beautiful swan in the waters of love for Krishna, a transcendental wish-fulfilling creeper on the family tree of king Vrishabhanu, and the original source of all the goddesses of fortune.
rakta patta-vastra, nitamba-upari,
kshudra ghanti dule ta’y
kuca-yugopari, duli’ mukta-mala,
citta-hari shobha pay
2) Upon Her hips She wears red silken cloth on which tiny bells are swinging, and upon Her breasts sways a lovely necklace of pearls. In this way She looks so splendrous that She steals the heart of the beholder.
kaishora amrita, tarunya-karpur,
3) Her bodily luster is exceptionally effulgent, like the golden whorl of the best of lotus flowers. Her two sweetly smiling lips display the immortal nectar of adolescence mixed with the fragrant camphor of new youthfulness. She is completely faithful to Lord Krishna.
banante agata, braja-pati-suta,
heri’ shankakula, nayana-bhangite,
adarete stava kore
4) Seeing that the supremely mischievous son of Nanda has arrived on the outskirts of the Vrindavana forest as He returns from tending the cows, She becomes stricken with anxiety and affectionately offers prayers to Him by the hints and signals of Her eyes.
brajera mahila-ganera paran,
lalita lalita-snehete praphulla-
5) Shrimati Radharani is the life and soul of all the elder women of Vraja, and is especially dear to Mother Yashoda. Basking in the affection of charming Lalita-devi, Radha’s bodily form has fully blossomed like a lotus, thus displaying Her beautiful and graceful limbs.
vishakhara sane, bana-phula tuli’,
ganthe vaijayanti mala
6) Accompanied by Vishakha, Radha picks forest flowers and strings together a vaijayanti flower garland for Krishna. She is the well-wisher of all, and is always situated upon the chest of the Lord, being the most beloved young girlfriend of Krishna.
snigdha venu-rave, druta-gati jai’,
kunje peye nata-bare
hasita-nayani, namra-mukhi sati,
karna kanduyana kore
7) Hearing the soft sound of the flute, She moves swiftly through the forest, and finding in the bowers of Vraja the best of dancing actors, the chaste Radha with smiling eyes turns her face downward in shyness while restlessly scratching Her ear.
sparshiya kamala, vayu su-shitala,
kore jabe kunda-nira
nidaghe tathay, nija-gana saha,
8) When the breeze, which is scented with the fragrance of lotus flowers, makes the waters of Radha-kunda very cool, then, in the warmth of the summer in those cooling waters, Radha along with all Her girlfriends satisfies the hero of Gokula.
kohaye carana dhori’
heno radha-dasya, sudhira-sampad,
kabe dibe kripa kori’
9) Bhaktivinoda says to Rupa and Raghunatha, clasping their lotus feet, “When will you bestow your mercy upon me and give me eternal service to such a Radha as this, for Her service is the wealth of the truly wise.”