|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Radhastaka > Song 1|
radhika-carana-padma, sakala shreyera sadma,
jatane je nahi aradhilo
radha-padmankita dhama, brindabana jar nama,
taha je na ashroy korilo
1) He who has failed to carefully worship the lotus feet of Shrimati Radhika, which are the abode of all auspiciousness; he who has not taken shelter in the transcendental abode known as Vrindavana, which is decorated with the beautiful lotus flower named Radha...
radhika-bhava-gambhir, citta jeba mahadhir,
gana-sanga na koilo jivane
kemone se shyamananda, rasa-sindhu-snanananda,
labhibe bujhoha eka-mane
2) ...he who in this life has not associated with the devotees of Radhika, who are very wise and whose devotion for Radha is very deep-how will such a person ever experience the bliss of bathing in the ocean of Lord Shyama’s sublime mellows? Please understand this most attentively.
radhika ujjvala-raser acarya
3) Shrimati Radhika is the exemplary teacher of the brilliant mellows of conjugal love. This pure love between Radha and Madhava is worthy of discussion and contemplation.
je dharilo radha-pada parama jatane
se pailo krishna-pada amulya-ratane
4) He who has grasped hold of the lotus feet of Radha with great care obtains the lotus feet of Krishna, which are like priceless jewels.
radha-pada vina kabhu krishna nahi mile
radhar dasir krishna sarva-vede bole
5) Without taking shelter of the lotus feet of Radha, one can never personally meet Lord Krishna. The Vedic scriptures declare that Krishna is the property of the maidservants of Shri Radha.
chodata dhana-jan, kalatra-suta-mita,
chodata karama geyan
radha-pada-pankaja, madhurata sevan,
6) Abandoning wealth, followers, wife, sons, and friends, and giving up materialistic activities and intellectual knowledge, being absorbed in the sweetness of service to the lotus feet of Shrimati Radharani-this is Bhaktivinoda’s conviction.