|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Namastaka > Song 3|
vishve udita, nama-tapan,
chodata saba, maya-vibhava,
sadhu tahe anuragi
1) The brilliant sun of the transcendental holy name of the Lord has appeared in the material universe in order to destroy ignorance. Casting aside all worldly attractions, the saintly souls cultivate affection for the name alone.
tomar mahima keba jane
ke heno pandita-jan, tomara mahatmya-gan,
uccaih-sware sakala bakhane
2) The sun of the holy name is the dispeller of the darkness of ignorance. O Harinam, who actually knows Your greatness? What sort of learned man is capable of loudly singing the host of Your glories?
tomara abhas pahilohi bhay
e bhava-timira kavalita-pray
3) O holy name, from the first moment one perceives a glimpse of You appearing on the horizon of the heart, the darkness of this material world is almost totally devoured.
acire timira nashiya prajnan
tattvandha-nayane korena vidhan
4) Quickly destroying all remaining darkness, You bestow divine wisdom upon our spiritually blinded eyes.
sei to’ prajnan vishuddha bhakati
upajay hari-vishayini mati
5) That divine wisdom gives rise within the heart to pure devotion, from which awakens an understanding of the transcendental characteristics of Lord Hari.
e adbhuta-lila satata tomar
bhakativinoda janiyache sar
6) This wonderful pastime of Yours is eternally taking place, and Bhaktivinoda has understood its essence.