|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Namastaka > Song 2|
jaya jaya harinam, cidanandamrita-dham,
nija-jane kripa kori’, nama-rupe avatari’,
jive doya korile apar
1) All glories, all glories to the holy name of the Lord, the abode of immortal transcendental bliss! The Supreme Absolute Truth, who possesses an eternal form of sacred syllables, has descended in the form of the holy name. Thereby He shows mercy to His own devotees while showering boundless compassion upon all fallen souls.
jaya `hari’, `krishna’, `ram’, jaga-jana-suvishram,
muni-vrinda nirantar, je namera samadar,
kori’ gay bhoriya vadana
2) All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead who is called by different names such as Hari, Krishna and Rama! He is the auspicious resting place of all living entities within the universe, and He delights the minds of all souls. Wise sages maintain great reverence for His holy name and constantly sing it by filling their mouths with the sound.
ohe krishna-namakshar, tumi sarva-shakti-dhar,
toma vina bhava-sindhu, uddharite nahi bandhu,
3) O Lord Krishna in the form of name-syllables! You possess all supreme powers, and are engaged in bestowing pure auspiciousness upon the living beings. Without You there is no other friend to rescue us from the ocean of material existence. You have come for the deliverance of all fallen souls.
ache tapa jive jata, tumi saba koro hata,
helaya tomare eka-bar
dake jadi kono jan, ho’ye din akincan,
nahi dekhi’ anya pratikar
4) For all souls within this world there is much misery and sorrow. O Harinam, if someone calls upon You just once, feeling himself very meek and lowly, possessing nothing and seeing no other remedy for his relief, You then easily destroy all his sorrows.
tava svalpa-sphurti pay, ugra-tapa dure jay,
linga-bhanga hoy anayase
bhakativinoda koy, jaya harinama jay,
pade’ thaki tuwa pada-ashe
5) If one simply obtains a faint glimpse of Your actual identity, then all sorts of terrible miseries are cast far away; indeed, the very form of suffering itself is easily broken to pieces. Bhaktivinoda says, “All glories, all glories to the holy name of Lord Hari! O Harinam, I perpetually fall to the ground in hope of attaining Your lotus feet.”