|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Sri Namastaka > Song 1|
[Lalita-Ekatala & Dashakushi]
swa-nam-mahima koralo pracar
1) Through the mouth of Shrila Rupa Goswami, the son of Mother Shaci preached the glories of His own divine holy name.
jo nam, so hari-kachu nahi bheda
so nam satya-miti gayati veda
2) There is no difference between that holy name of Lord Hari and Lord Hari Himself. The Vedic scriptures sing of the true glory of the Lord’s holy name.
sabu upanishada, ratna-mala-dyuti,
mangala-arati, koro-i anukshana,
3) All the Upanishads are like a necklace of beautifully effulgent jewels shining before the lotus feet of the holy name. They perpetually perform mangala arati for the holy name with lamps of two rows of five ghee wicks.
caudda bhuvana maha, deva-nara-danava,
bhaga jankara balavan
nama-rasa-piyusha, pibo-i anukshana,
4) Within the fourteen worlds, those demigods, men and demons whose fortune has been very great constantly drink the nectar of the sweet mellows of the holy name, casting aside all kinds of fruitive activities and intellectual forms of knowledge.
nitya-mukta punah, nama-upasana,
satata koro-i sama-gane
goloke baithata, gaowe nirantara,
nama-viraha nahi jane
5) The eternally liberated souls living in the spiritual world, however, always worship the holy name in beautifully composed hymns and sit in Goloka Vrindavana perpetually singing the name. Therefore they do not know any separation from the holy name.
sabu-rasa-akara, `hari’ iti dvy-akshara,
sabu-bhave koralun ashroy
nama carane pa’di, bhaktivinoda kohe,
tuwa pade magahun niloy
6) The two syllables Ha and ri are a mine of all varieties of devotional mellow. Every ecstasy of devotion has taken shelter in them. Falling at the lotus feet of the holy name, Bhaktivinoda says, “O Harinam, I pray for residence at Your lotus feet.”