|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Arunodaya-Kirtan > Song 2|
jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole
kota nidra yao maya-pishacira kole
1) “Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls!” Lord Gauranga calls, “You have slept so long in the lap of the witch Maya!”
bhajibo boliya ese somsara-bhitore
bhuliya rohile tumi avidyara bhore
2) “You came into this world saying, `O my Lord I will certainly worship You,’ but having forgotten this promise you remain in great ignorance.
tomare loite ami hoinu avatara
ami vina bandhu ara ke ache tomara
3) “I have descended to this world just to reclaim you. Other than Myself, who else is your true friend?
enechi aushadhi maya nashibaro lagi’
hari-nama maha-mantra lao tumi magi’
4) “I have brought the medicine for destroying the illusion of Maya. Now beg for this hari-nama-maha-mantra and take it.”
bhakativinoda prabhu-carane podiya
sei hari-nama-mantra loilo magiya
5) Bhaktivinoda fell at the lotus feet of Lord Gauranga, and after begging for the holy name he indeed received that maha-mantra.