|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Arati-Kirtan > Sri Surabhi-Kunjera Sri Bhoga-arati|
Shri Surabhi-Kunjera Shri Bhoga-arati
The Ceremony of Offering Foodstuffs for the Noon Meal at
bhaja bhakata-vatsala shri-gaurahari
shri-gaurahari sohi goshtha-bihari,
1) Just worship Shri Gaurahari, who is always very affectionate to His devotees. Shri Gaurahari of Navadvipa is Himself Krishna of Vrindavana, the same personality who has stolen the hearts of Nanda Maharaja and Mother Yashoda.
bela ha’lo, damodara, aiso ekhona
bhoga-mandire basi’ karoha bhojana
2) Mother Yashoda calls to Krishna: “My dear Damodara! It is now very late! Please come and sit down in the dining hall to take Your lunch!”
nandera nideshe baise giri-vara-dhari
baladeva-saha sakha baise sari sari
3) On the direction of Nanda Maharaja, the holder of Govardhana Hill along with His elder brother Shri Baladeva and all their cowherd boyfriends sit down in rows to take lunch.
shukta-shakadi bhaji nalita kushmanda
dali dalna dugdha-tumbi dadhi moca-khanda
4) They are served a feast of shukta, various kinds of green leafy vegetables, then nice savories, a salad made of the green leaves of the jute plant, pumpkin, baskets of fruit, small square cakes made of lentils and cooked-down milk, then squash cooked with milk, thick yogurt and vegetable preparations made with the flowers of the banana tree.
mudga-boda masha-boda rotika ghritanna
shashkuli pishtaka khir puli payasanna
5) Then they have fried squares of mung dahl and urad dahl patties, capatis, and rice with ghee. Next they have sweetmeats made with milk, sugar and sesamum, rice flour cakes, thick cooked-down milk, sweet rolls, and sweet-rice.
karpura amrita-keli rambha khira-sara
amrita rasala, amla dvadasha prakara
6) There is also sweet-rice tasting just like nectar due to its being mixed with camphor. There are bananas and cheese, which is nectarean and delicious, and luscious mangoes. They are also served twelve kinds of sour preparations made with tamarinds, limes, lemons, oranges and pomegranates.
luci cini sarpuri laddu rasabali
bhojana korena krishna ho’ye kutuhali
7) There are puris made with flour and white powdered sugar, puris filled with cream, laddus, and dahl patties boiled in sugared rice. Being very eager, Krishna eats all of the prasad.
radhikara pakka anna vividha byanjana
parama anande krishna korena bhojana
8) Krishna feels the greatest ecstasy and joy when He eats the various curries, sweets and pastries cooked by Shri Radhika.
chale-bale laddu khay shri-madhumangala
bagala bajay ara deya hari-bolo
9) Krishna’s funny brahmana friend Madhumangala gets laddus to eat by hook or by crook. When Madhumangala eats the ladòus he shouts, “Give me more! Haribol!” and makes a funny sound by slapping his sides under his armpits with his hands.
radhikadi gane heri’ nayanera kone
tripta ho’ye khay krishna yashoda-bhavane
10) Beholding Radhika and Her gopi friends out of the corners of His eyes, Krishna dines at the house of Mother Yashoda with great satisfaction.
bhojanante piye krishna suvasita bari
sabe mukha prakshaloy ho’ye sari sari
11) After lunch, Krishna drinks sweet rose-scented water. Then all His friends, standing in lines, wash their mouths.
hasta-mukha prakshaliya jata sakha-gane
anande vishrama kore baladeva-sane
12) After all the cowherd boys wash their hands and mouths, they take rest with Lord Baladeva in great bliss.
jambula rasala ane tambula-masala
taha kheye krishna-candra sukhe nidra gela
13) Krishna’s servants named Jambula and Rasala provide betel nuts dressed with fancy spices. Chewing the pan, Krishna-candra then happily goes to sleep.
vishalaksha shikhi-puccha-camara òhulaya
apurva shayyaya krishna sukhe nidra jaya
14) While Krishna contentedly takes His rest upon an excellent bedstead, His servant Vishalaksha cools Him by gently waving a fan of peacock feathers.
yashomati-ajna pe’ye dhanishtha-anito
shri-krishna-prasada radha bhunje ho’ye prito
15) Receiving the order of Mother Yashoda, the gopi Dhanishtha brings remnants of food left on Shri Krishna’s plate to Radha, who takes them with great delight.
lalitadi sakhi-gana avashesha paya
mane mane sukhe radha-krishna-guna gaya
16) Lalita-devi and the other gopis then receive the remnants of Radha, and within their heart-of-hearts they sing the glories of Radha and Krishna with great joy.
hari-lila eka-matra yahara pramoda
bhogarati gay thakur bhakativinoda
17) Thus Bhaktivinoda, whose only joy is the wonderful pastimes of Lord Hari, sings this Bhoga-arati song.