|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Arati-Kirtan > Sri Surabhi-Kunje Sri Gaura-Govinda-arati|
Shri Surabhi-Kunje Shri Gaura-Govinda-arati
The Ceremony of Worshiping
Shri Gaura-Govinda at Shri Surabhi Kunja
bhale gora-gadadharer arati nehari
nadiya-puraba-bhave jau bolihari
1) As I behold the wondrous arati of my Lords Gaura and Gadadhara, I enter into the mood of Their existence previous to appearing in Nadiya (Their Vrindavana lila as Shri Shri Radha and Krishna). It is simply indescribable.
sabu sakhi-beshtita kishora-kishori
2) Underneath a desire-tree, seated upon a jeweled throne, the ever-youthful couple named Kishora and Kishori are surrounded by all of Their gopi friends.*
purata-jadita kota mani-gajamati
jhamaki’ jhamaki’ labhe prati-anga-jyotih
3) Shri Radhika and Lord Govindaji are decorated with many shining jewels and pearls inlaid with gold artwork, enhancing the sparkling splendor of each and every limb of Their transcendental forms.
nila nirada lagi’ vidyut-mala
duhun anga mili’ shobha bhuvana-ujala
4) The meeting of Their two bodily forms has generated a luster that brightens all the worlds, and may be compared to a garland of lightning (Radha) fixed upon a dark blue raincloud (Krishna).
shankha baje, ghanta baje, baje karatala
madhura mridanga baje parama rasala
5) On the occasion of Their meeting there is a concert produced by the sounding of conchshells, bells, karatalas and mridangas. Such kirtana is supremely sweet and relishable to hear.
vishakhadi sakhi-vrinda duhun guna gaowe
priya-narma-sakhi-gana camara dhulaowe
6) The cowherd damsels of Vrindavana led by Vishakha Devi sing the glories of the Divine Couple while the priya-narma-sakhis cool Their Lordships by waving camara fans.
ananga manjari cuya-candana deowe
malatira mala rupa manjari lagaowe
7) Ananga Manjari offers Them sandalwood pulp scented with cuya while Rupa Manjari places a garland of jasmine flowers about Their necks.
panca-pradipe dhori’ karpura-bati
lalita-sundari kore jugala-arati
8) The beautiful Lalita Sundari holds a lamp of five flames scented with camphor and waves it aloft, offering arati to the Divine Couple.
devi-lakshmi-shruti-gana dharani lotaowe
gopi-jana-adhikara raowata gaowe
9) Parvati, Lakshmi, and the personified Vedas cry in great happiness while rolling on the ground and singing of the fortunate position of the damsels of Vraja-bhumi.
bhakativinoda rohi’ surabhiki kunje
arati-darashane prema-sukha bhunje
10) Bhaktivinoda resides at Surabhi Kunja in the land of Godruma-dwipa, relishing the joy of divine love at the sight of this beautiful arati.