|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Other Scriptures by Acharyas > Gitavali > Arati-Kirtan > Gaura-arati|
The Ceremony of Worshiping Lord Gauranga
jaya jaya goracander aratiko shobha
1) All glories, all glories to the beautiful arati ceremony of Lord Gaurachandra in a grove on the banks of the Jahnavi river! This Gaura-arati is attracting the minds of all living entities in the universe.
dakshine nitai-cand, vame gadadhara
nikate advaita, shrinivasa chatra-dhara
2) On Lord Chaitanya’s right side is Lord Nityananda, and on His left is Shri Gadadhara. Before Him stands Shri Adwaita, and Shrivasa Thakura holds an umbrella over Lord Chaitanya’s head.
bosiyache goracand ratna-simhasane
arati korena brahma-adi deva-gane
3) Lord Chaitanya is seated upon a jewelled throne while the demigods headed by Lord Brahma perform the arati ceremony.
narahari-adi kori’ camara dhulaya
4) Narahari Sarakara and other associates fan Him with yak-tail whisks as Sanjaya Pandita, Mukunda Datta and Vasu Ghosha sing sweet kirtan along with the other devotees for Lord Chaitanya’s pleasure.
shankha baje ghanta baje baje karatala
madhura mridanga baje parama rasala
5) Conchshells resound, bells clang, karatals ring and the mridangas play very sweetly in that kirtan, so melodious and relishable to hear.
bahu-koti candra jini’ vadana ujjvala
gala-deshe vana-mala kore jhalamala
6) The brilliance of Lord Chaitanya’s face conquers millions upon millions of moons, and the garland of forest flowers around His neck shines.
shiva-shuka-narada preme gada-gada
bhakativinoda dekhe gorara sampada
7) Lord Shiva, Shukadeva Goswami and Narada Muni are all there, and their voices are choked with the ecstasy of transcendental love. Thus Bhaktivinoda envisions the glory of Lord Gaurachandra.