Post Author: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-01-14 16:27:11
Title: How To Actually Achieve Vrindavan User: Damodara Svarupa dasa Date: 2005-02-22 11:16:19
How To Actually Achieve Vrindavan -- By Swami Gaurangapada
In Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya, it is described that is very easy to achieve success in the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra and the 'Gauranga' Mantra by chanting them while residing in the most merciful Shri Navadvipa-dhama and thus actually achieve Vrindavana- dhama:
(1) navadvipe vasi jei mantra japa kare; shri mantra chaitanya haya anayase tare.
"For one who chants one's mantra while residing in Navadvipa, the mantra becomes supremely conscious very soon and he or she is effortlessly delivered from material bondage."
(2) yei sei vraja giya nahi paya rasa; aparadha-vase rasa haya ta virasa.
"Though the rasa (loving mellows) of Radha-Krishna is the ultimate goal, an ordinary person who goes to Vrindavana to achieve that rasa will not be able to attain it there. Infact due to the offenses, the rasa will turn sour or will become perverted (virasa)."
(3) hetha vasa kari nama karile asraya; rase adhikara janme aparadha ksaya.
"But if one goes and resides in Navadvipa and takes shelter of the name of Lord Gauranga and the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, then one's offenses will be finished and he or she will become quickly qualified to understand the mellows of love of Shri Radha and Krishna (because Navadvipa is non-different from Vrindavana)."
(4) svalpa dine krishna prema haya ta ujjvala; yugala rasera varta haya ta prabala.
"In a very days in Navadvipa, one heart will be illuminated by the effulgent rays of pure love for Krishna. And the mind will always want to remain absorbed and merged in the topics of Shri Radha-Krishna."
MOST IMPORTANT VERSE TO BE REMEMBERED ALWAYS
(5) ei dhame vrndavana haya ta udaya; tabu vrajadhama tava hauka asraya.
"WHEN VRINDAVANA ARISES IN THE HEART WHILE RESIDING IN NAVADVIPA, THEN AND ONLY THEN ONE CAN FACTUALLY TAKE SHELTER OF SHRI VRINDAVANA- DHAMA."
"Only by the causeless mercy of Shri Navadvipa-dhama on a sincere devotee, can that devotee achieve the shelter of Vrndavana without much delay or effort."
From Navadvipa-Shataka by Shrila Prabodhananda Sarasvati. Bengali versification by Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura:
78 sevilei navadvipa vrndavana sphure, navadvipa seva vina vrndavana dure ye sevila gaura paya yasoda-nandana, gaura-seva vina krsne na paya kakhana
"If one worships the nine forests of Navadvipa, he then finds himself in the forest of Vrndavana. But he who does not worship Navadvipa remains far away from the forest of Vrindavana. Similarly, if one worships Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu, he achieves the association of the hero of Vrindavana, Lord Krishna. But he who does not worship Lord Gauranga will never attain Lord Krishna.
79 e gauda-mandale navadvipa-vrndavana, sacira tanaya saksat vrajendra-nandana sei nandasuta radha-dyuti acchadita, vrajera durlabha lila karila vihita
"Navadvipa is actually Vrndavana manifested in the land of Bengal. Lord Chaitanya, the son of Saci, is Lord Krishna, the greatest hero, the son of Vraja's king, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Accepting the complexion of Shrimati Radharani, the Lord Gauranga performs pastimes in Navadvipa which are very rarely manifested even in Vrndavana.
80 gauranga sambandhe yanr navadvipe sthiti kara-sthiti vraj tanra sanatan riti anyatra shri-vrndavana ye kare sandhana, maru-maricika yena krame dure bhana
"It is an undisputed fact that one who resides in Navadvipa, faithfully worshiping Lord Gauranga, holds in his hand the ultimate goal of eternal residence in Vrindavana. In any other place, Vrndavana is like a faraway mirage.
81 vrndavane ache yata vana upavana, shri-krishna-lilara sthala ke kare ganana navadvipe se sakala ache sthane sthane, gaura-rupe krishna-lila prakata karane
"To make Lord Gauranga's pastimes perfect, Navadvipa embraces to its chest all of beautiful Vrndavana's forests and gardens of Krishna- lila. Thus Navadvipa and Vrindavana are completely non-different. There is nothing in Vrindavana that does not exist in Navadvipa."
"O Parvati, the learned and wise know that Navadvipa is a staircase leading to Vrndavana, the topmost abode of Lord Krishna.
(16) navadvipe ca sa krishna, adaya hrdaye svayam; gajendra-gamanam radham, sada ramayate muda.
"Lord Krishna will appear in Navadvipa. Taking the mood of Shrimati Radha to His heart, Lord Krishna will constantly and blissfully relish Her love for Him. At that time, His movements will be more graceful than those of the best of elephants.
"O beloved, assuming the forms of male devotees, the gopis and other associates will also appear in Navadvipa. With great happiness they will constantly serve Lord Gaurahari, who is Radha and Krishna combined in a single form.
(18) ya eva radhika-krishnah, sa eva gaura-vigrahah; yac ca vrndavanam devi, navadvipam ca tat subham.
"O goddess, know for sure that Radha and Krishna will combine to become the single golden form of Lord Gaura, and Vrndavana will become the beautiful and auspicious Navadvipa.
(19) vrndavane navadvipe, bheda-buddhis ca yo narah; tam eva radhika-krsne, shri-gaurange paratmani.
(20) mac-chala-pata-nirbhinna-dehah so 'pi naradhamah; pacyate narake ghore, yavad ahuta-samplavam.
"With my trident I will cut into pieces anyone who thinks that Vrndavana and Navadvipa are different, or that Radha-Krishna and Lord Gauranga are different, or that Lord Gauranga is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
Such a person is most degraded and will burn in a terrible hell until the time of the universal devastation.
"Lord Hari said to Anantadeva: 'If you desire the most rare essence of all kinds of pure devotional service, i.e., the direct service to Shri Shri Radha-Krishna in the beautiful abode of Vrndavana, then go at once to Navadvipa and worship Lord Gaura, who is an ocean of causeless mercy.'
(22) tatra gatva navadvipe, naga-rajo drdha-vratah; pujayam asa gaurangam, api varsayutam priye.
"O beloved, the king of serpents, Ananta, then went to Navadvipa. Following strict vows with great determination, He worshipped Lord Gauranga for ten thousand years.
"'O Ananta, as I reside in Vrndavana with Shri Radha, so also do I stay eternally in Navadvipa, in My transcendental form embraced by Shri Radha.
(27) yatha vrndavanam tyaktva, gacchami na ca kutracit; tatha deva navadvipam, na tyajami kadacana.
"'O Anantadeva, as I do not leave Vrndavana to go to any other place, so also do I never give up Navadvipa to go anywhere else.'"
(From the recently published book by Bhaktiratna Sadhu Swami: 'Our Eternal Home -- Navadvipa')
Daso'smi, Bhaktiratna Sadhu Swami
Title: How To Actually Achieve Vrindavan (2) User: Damodara Svarupa dasa Date: 2005-02-27 21:21:14
More on "How To Actually Achieve Vrindavan" -- By Swami Gaurangapda
From Shri Navadvipa-dhama-mahatmya by Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Chp 6, Lord Nityananda Prabhu tells Shrila Jiva Goswami:
(1) vraja-tattva navadvipa-tattve dekhe bheda;
krishna aparadhi labhe nirvana abheda.
"Just see the difference between Vraja-tattva (Vrndavana) and Navadvipa-tattva. In Vrndavana, the offenders to Lord Krishna (like the demons) attain oneness with the Lord (sayujya) by merging into the brahman effulgence of the Lord. (The same Kamsa who got liberation by being killed by Krishna's hands in Mathura in krishna-lila, got pure love of God from Lord Gauranga in Gauranga-lila in Navadvipa, without having to die.)
(2) hetha aparadhi paya prema-tattva dhana;
ataeva ei gaura-lila sarvopari dhana.
"In Navadvipa however, the offenders achieve pure love for Lord Gauranga. That is why the pastimes of Lord Gauranga is the topmost treasure in this universe (even more merciful than Krishna-lila.)
(3) gaura-dhama, gaura-nama, gaura rupa-guna;
aparadha nahi mane tarite nipuna.
"Lord Gauranga's transcendental Name, Abode, Form and Pastimes are most expert in instantly delivering all the living entities because They do not consider any offenses."
(4) yadi aparadha thake sadhakera mane;
krishna-name, krishna-dhame tare bahu dine.
"If offenses or unwanted things are present in the heart of the spiritual aspirants, then the regular chanting of Lord Krishna's Names (maha-mantra) and direct residence Krishna's Abode (Vrndavana) etc. will deliver him only after a very prolonged period of time."
The ten Dhama Aparadhas which are apllicable in Vrindavana but not in Navadvipa
1. To have contempt or disrespect towards the guru who reveals the holy dham. 2. To think that holy dham is temporary. 3. Commit violence towards any of the residence of the holy dham, or to any of the pilgrims who come here, or to think that they are ordinary mundane people. 4. To perform mundane activities while living in the holy dham. 5. Earning money by, and making a business of Deity worship and chanting the holy name. 6. To think that the holy dham belongs to some mundane country or provinces such as Bengal, or to think that the dham of the Lord is equal to a holy place connected with some demigod, or to attempt to measure the area of the dham. 7. To commit sinful activities while in the dham. 8. To consider Vrndavan and Navadvip different. 9. To blaspheme the sastras which glorify the holy dham. 10. To be faithless and to think that the glories of the dham are imaginary.