Post Author: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2007-12-27 19:40:08
Nityaananda! Gauraanga! Hare Krishna! I am happy to introduce two firsts in these new videos. First these are one of the first videos with the Picture-In-Picture effect and secondly we will now be uploading an extra very small video of around 182 kbps for each new high quality video so that those with slow internet connections can view without any problems.
Nityaanandaashtakam By Shrila Vrindavana Dasa Thakura Sung By Bilvamangala Thakura dasa Video editing by Bhakta Shiv
Nityaanandashtakam Verses Song
High Quality (564 kbps):
Small Size for Slower Connections (182 kbps):
High Quality (564 kbps):
Smaller Size for Slower Connections (182 kbps):
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Toggle instant fullscreen video via the screen button, download video via the black downwards arrow button and toggle mute/play background music via the A button on the play bar of the above player. Upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (version 9,0,115,0 is the minimum reqd for MP4 playback) to view the video at best quality and lowest computer resources. You can test your present version of Adobe Flash Player here. You will NOT be able to view the video if you have an older version of Flash Player so please upgrade it. For those with a 800 by 600 screen, please click the fullscreen button to view the video at full-size if it does not fit in your resolution.
Daaso'smi, Swami Gauraangapaada.
Post Author: Bhushan Nityananda dasa Date: 2007-12-27 20:09:43
Nityananda Gauranga Hare Krishna! Humble dandavast at lotus feet of Shri Gurudeva and all vaishnavas
Nityanandashtakam. Shri Nityanandashtakam By Shrila Vrndavana Dasa Thakura
1) I perpetually worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, whose bright face mocks the full autumn moon, whose pure complexion glistens, whose gait is like that of a maddened elephant, who is always intoxicated in Krishna-prema, who embodies pure spiritual energy, whose face holds a gentle smile, whose eyes are always rolling due to His absorption in Krishna-prema, whose lotus hand holds a glowing staff, and who, by the performance of nama-sankirtana, pierces the influence of Kali-yuga.
2) I perpetually worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who is the mainstay of all the rasas, who is everything to His devotees, who is beyond compare, who is the master of both Vasudha and Jahnava-devi, who consider Him more dear than their own lives, who is always maddened in Krishna-prema, and who is unknown only to those of meager intelligence.
3) I perpetually worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who is very dear to Shri Saci-nandana, who is worshipped by the entire universe, who is the embodiment of happiness, who possesses infinite mercy for delivering the souls who are drowning in the age of Kali, and who, by the performance of shri-harinama-sankirtana, thwarts the progressing false pride of the ocean of repeated birth and death.
4) I perpetually worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who said to Shri Krishna Chaitanya, "Hey brother Gauranga! What will be the destination of the sinful souls of Kali-yuga and how will theyt be redeemed? Please devise a method by which they will easily attain You."
5) I perpetually worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who wandered around Bengal and, approaching the door of each and every home, threw open His arms and exclaimed, "O brothers! All of you should eternally perform shri-harinama-sankirtana together. By doing so, I will take the responsibility to deliver you all from the ocean of material existence."
6) I eternally worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who is the Agastya Muni who forcibly swallows the ocean of repeated birth and death, who is a rising full moon which increases the ocean of the saintly persons' welfare, and who is a sun which dissipates the darkness of ignorance cast by the various classes of miscreants.
7) I eternally worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the tree of Krishna-bhakti, who wandered on every path in Bengal dancing, singing, and calling out "Hari bol! Hari bol!" and who lovingly bestowed merciful sidelong glances upon those who were not compassionate to even their own selves.
8) I eternally worship Shri Nityananda Prabhu, the root of the Krishna-bhakti tree, who held the supremely soft lotus-hand of His brother Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu, whose heart became filled with the highest bliss when the two brothers gazed into each other's faces, and who wandered here and there delighting the townspeople with His sweetness. 8) May Shri Nityananda Prabhu place His lotus feet in the heart of one who lovingly recites this unprecedented Nityanandastaka, which is the reservoir of rasa, the greatest treasure of the most exalted of rasika Vaishnavas, and the storehouse of the essence of bhakti-rasa.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- aspiring to be humble servent