would you be able to tell me if Lord Jagganath has a pranama mantra , i have searched the web and cannot find one for him , i would be very grateful for your help ,
all glories to the holy names of Lord Nityananda and Lord Gauranga !! How could we ever give up such merciful lords , it is not possible !!!!
your servant sacinandana_das
Answer by Swami Gaurangapada:
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! There are two Pranama Mantras for Lord Jagannatha:
(1) nilaachala-nivaasaaya, nityaaya paramaatmane; balabhadra subhadraa bhyaam, jagannaathaaya te namah.
"I offer my humble prostrated obeisances to the eternal Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Jagannatha, the Supersoul in the hearts of all living entities, Who resides with His divine elder brother Lord Baladeva and His sister Subhadra-devi in the most holy abode of Shri Nilachala Kshetra Puri Dhama.
"I offer my humble prostrated obeisances to Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Jagannatha, Who resides in the most holy abode of Shri Nilachala Kshetra Puri Dhama, and Who is famous for completely removing all the distress of those who offer prostrated obeisances unto Him."
Jaya Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra!
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! Also you can sing this beautiful Shri Jagannathashtakam while offering obeisances or glorifying Lord Jagannatha:
kadacit kalindi-tata-vipina-sangitaka-ravo mudabhiri-nari-vadana-kamalasvada-madhupah rama-sambhu-brahmamara-pati-ganesarcita-pado jagannathah svami nayana-patha-gami bhavatu me
1. Sometimes in great happiness Lord Jagannatha, with His flute, makes a loud concert in the groves on the banks of the Yamuna. He is like a bumblebee who tastes the beautiful lotus-like faces of the cowherd damsels of Vraja, and His lotus feet are worshiped by great personalities such as Lakshmi, Siva, Brahma, Indra and Ganesa. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.
bhuje savye venum sirasi sikhi-puccham kati-tate dukulam netrante sahacara-kataksham vidadhate sada srimad-vrindavana-vasati-lila-paricayo jagannathah svami nayana-patha-gami bhavatu me
2. In His left hand Lord Jagannatha holds a flute. On His head He wears the feathers of peacocks and on His hips He wears fine yellow silken cloth. Out of the corners of His eyes He bestows sidelong glances upon His loving devotees and He always reveals Himself through His pastimes in His divine abode of Vrindavana. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.
3. Residing on the shore of the great ocean, within a large palace situated upon the crest of the brilliant, golden Nilacala Hill, along with His powerful brother Bala-bhadra, and in the middle of Them His sister Subhadra, Lord Jagannatha bestows the opportunity for devotional service upon all godly souls. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.
4. Lord Jagannatha is an ocean of mercy and He is beautiful like a row of blackish rain clouds. He is the storehouse of bliss for Lakshmi and Sarasvati, and His face is like a spotless full-blown lotus. He is worshiped by the best of demigods and sages, and His glories are sung by the Upanishads. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.
5. When Lord Jagannatha is on His Ratha-yatra cart and is moving along the road, at every step there is a loud presentation of prayers and songs chanted by large assemblies of brahmanas. Hearing their hymns Lord Jagannatha is very favorably disposed towards them. He is the ocean of mercy and the true friend of all the worlds. May that Jagannatha Svami, along with His consort Lakshmi, who was born from the ocean of nectar, be the object of my vision.
6. He is the ornament of the head of Lord Brahma and His eyes are like the full-blown petals of the lotus. He resides on the Nilacala Hill, and His lotus feet are placed on the heads of Anantadeva. Lord Jagannatha is overwhelmed by the mellows of love and He becomes joyful in the embracing of the body of Srimati Radharani, which is like a cool pond. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.
na vai yace rajyam na ca kanaka-manikya-vibhavam na yace ham ramyam sakala-jana-kamyam vara-vadhum sada kale kale pramatha-patina gita-carito jagannathah svami nayana-patha-gami bhavatu me
7. I do not pray for a kingdom, nor for gold, rubies, and wealth. I do not ask for an excellent and beautiful wife as desired by all men. I simply pray that Jagannatha Svami, whose glories are always sung by Lord Siva, be the constant object of my vision.
hara tvam samsaram druta-taram asaram sura-pate hara tvam papanam vitatim aparam yadava-pate aho dine nathe nihita-carano niscitam idam jagannathah svami nayana-patha-gami bhavatu me
8. O Lord of the demigods, please quickly remove this useless material existence I am undergoing. O Lord of the Yadus, please destroy this vast ocean of sins which has no shore. Alas, this is certain that Lord Jagannathas lotus feet are bestowed upon those who feel themselves fallen and have no shelter in this world but Him. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.