|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Recipes for Cooking Prasadam > When Preparing Recipes|
When Preparing Prasadam
Posted on Forum by
Chandrika Gauranga dasi
When preparing any of these recipes, please offer the food to the Lord before serving. Here is a summary of the procedure.
1) Do not taste the food while cooking.
2) After cooking, place the food on a plate for offering to the Lord. This plate shold not be used for any other purpose.
3) Set the plate before a picture of the Lord (unless you have Deities of course)
4) In a devotional mood, ask the Lord to please accept your offering.
5) Repeat the Holy Names several times
6) Afterwards remove the food from the offering plate. This food and any food remaining in the cooking pots may now be served.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare