|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Recipes for Cooking Prasadam > Pine Nut Bake|
Pine Nut Bake
Posted on Forum by Chandrika Gauranga dasi
Lord Gauranga's forest (Navadvipa), is the essence of all uniqueness and magnanimity, and is overflowing with the shoreless nectar ocean of pure and splendid divine love of Shrimati Radha for Lord Krishna.
A description of Lord Gaurangas forest (Navadwipa) from Navadvipa Shataka
The following recipe is made from pine nuts. Pine trees grow in huge forests and the nuts from these trees are carefully and painstakingly removed from the pine cones.
PINE NUT BAKE
Ingredients (serves 1)
200g pine nuts
1 tbs cornflour or gram(chick pea) flour
pinch of salt & pepper
1) Grind the nuts, using a blender or chop as finely as possible.
2) Mix with the flour, water and salt & pepper.
3) Grease well a very small baking tin and spoon mixture into it.
4) Bake in oven at 200 (medium heat) for about 40 mins or until golden brown on top.
5) Remove from oven and tip the bake from the tin and serve.
1) Serve with sweet tomato sauce and salad or rice.
2) If you do not have an oven, you can add some bread crumbs to the mixture so it is a little firmer and roll into balls for frying as patties.
Pine nuts contain more protein than any other nuts and seeds. 100g pine nuts contain 31g protein! The Recommended daily intake of protein is at least 50g.
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare