|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Recipes for Cooking Prasadam > Almond and Cheese Bread|
Almond and Cheese Bread
Posted on Forum by Chandrika Gauranga dasi
"The spiritual mind never prays for daily bread, any sort of material relief, worldly prosperity, a life devoid of all miseries, a life in heaven dipped in celestial bliss or a peaceful exis- tence in the kingdom of God. He has no such prayer, but is ever suppliant before the Supreme Lord and insists on the continuity of his loving service which is never at an end. As soon as he perceives the wicked and inimical activities of the material mind, he supplicates thus before a Vaishnava who has no want, fear or terrors of birth and death and is powerful enough to deliver all spiritual minds from the clutch of the material mind
by Shri Shrimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada (Vaishnavism-Real & Apparent)
ALMOND AND CHEESE BREAD
(Makes 1 lb loaf)
300g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
55g softened butter/ghee
150g grated cheese (cheddar)
3 tbs milled flax seed (or corn flour or any other egg substitute) whisked with
9tbs water...for Ekadashi just use water.
1) Preheat oven 180C (350F) Gas 4
2)Line a 1ib loaf tin with non stick paper, covering base and sides.
3) Mix together the ground almonds and baking powder in a bowl. Add the butter, cheese and the flax/water liquid. Mix well to combine.
4)Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5) Leave to cool on a rack and slice when cold.
1) The slices can be toasted well and served buttered like ordinary toast.
2) After being offered this bread can be frozen and a slice taken when needed.
3) Use this bread like you would any other bread.
4) If kept frozen, this maes for a simple easy, protein packed breakfast.
This bread contains a whopping 12g of protein per slice and only 3g carbohydrates.
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare