|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Other Languages > Serbo-Croatian > Serbo-Croatian Fonts Note By Bhakta Igor|
Title: Serbo-Croatian Fonts Note By Bhakta Igor
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-06-05 19:29:56
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! I considered several options and here are brief technical guidelines
1. Croatian-Serbian-Bosnian language uses specific characters and to see them on computer there should be installed specific language. I decided to translate it to Croatian (HR) Latin. Windows operative systems have full support for Croatian language and you will need to install language support for Croatian language.
Here I made simple test – if you can see text below same like in text box, then everything is all right.
Example ČĆĐŠŽ čćđšž
All texts will use Times New Roman, standard font with implemented special characters.
2. In this attempt I will follow standard Latin transcription (like in Shrilla Prabhupada’s books). Such transcription is in “spirit” of this language and people here are familiar with that. That means that in translations there will be Shri Krishna - Shri Krishna because such transcription is common in this area. All Sanskrit and Bengali words will follow this rule.
3. Some adjustments will be necessary due to language differences. For example in English language – devotee but here in Prabhupada books it is custom – bhakta because adequate translation does not exist.
4. Quality is more important than quantity, so I will post you translations only when I am sure they are all right.
5. All glories to Naam Sankirtana! I am happy to translate words of Swami Gaurangapada! Nityananda! Gauranga! Nityananda! Gauranga! jogyata-vicare, kichu nahi pai, tomara karuna-sara! Please if you need some additional information about language or special characters settings, please contact me. Nityananda! Gauranga!
- Bhakta Igor.