|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Holy Days and Worship > Recipes > Scrambled Curd - Hare Krishna Recipe|
Title: Scrambled Curd - Hare Krishna Recipe
User: candrika Date: 2007-01-05 13:05:51
Our thoughts, words and deeds are scrambled whilst we are searching everywhere for this and that in the world of men. But if we turn away from the world and become one pointed towards the Lord, our witness, we find our thoughts word and deeds become clear and unscrambled and we find the way cleared for us to make steady progress.
"There are two birds in one tree. One of them is eating the fruits of the tree, while the other is witnessing the actions. The witness is the Lord, and the fruit-eater is the living entity." Svetasvatara Upanisad (4.6)
4 oz Soft crumbly Paneer / Curd /Tofu
1 tbsp ghee / butter
pinch of asfoetida (hing)
pinch of paprika
2 tbs cream or sour cream
1 tbsp parsley or coriander chopped
1 tomato quartered
1) Crumble the curd , or if using tofu chop roughly.
2) Melt the ghee or butter in a large pan over moderate heat.
3) Add the asafoetida and turmeric and cook for a few seconds.
4) Add paneer /curd or tofu and stir gently until the the curd is colored nicely with the turmeric ghee.
5) Turn up the heat a little and add paprika, salt and pepper.
6) Mix well then remove from heat and add the cream or sour cream. Stir well.
7) Add the fresh herbs
8) Garnish with tomato and serve
1) Chopped tomato can be added along with the curd at the time of cooking for a variation.
2) Serve for breakfast or a light supper.
3) Serve on a slice of buttered toast.
A protein rich meal with the added benefits of the herbs and spices. Turmeric in particular has numerous healing properties, wards off bacteria and is high in anti oxidants.
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Please go to the original blog entry here and contribute your valuable comments...: http://www.nitai.us/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=69