|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Holy Days and Worship > Recipes > Barbecue Kebabs|
Title: Barbecue Kebabs
User: candrika Date: 2006-07-16 15:46:32
When preparing Prasadam on a fire outside I am reminded of the fact that like so many sparks are emanating from a fire, so we are tiny souls, emanating from the Supreme Lord Gauranga!
Here is one recipe that can be prepared nicely on a barbecue whilst at the same time remembering the Lord.
Barbecued Paneer & Potato Kebabs
2 medium sized potatoes
1 lb paneer or firm tofu
1 sweet red pepper
barbecue sauce (see below)
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (made by chopping and stewing fresh tomatos, or can be bought)
3 tbs honey or maple syrup
1 tbs molasses/treacle
1 tbs ghee or oil
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp oregano
pinch of asfoetida
1) Boil potatoes in water for 15 mins, or until done but firm. Then chop into 1 inch chunks.
2) Cut paneer/tofu into 1 inch chunks, press in absorbent paper to reduce moisture, then put the chunks into a bowl of the barbecue sauce (see below) to marinade for 30 minutes.
3) Alternate potato chunks, paneer/tofu and red peppers on skewers
4) Prepare the grill (light the fire and wait till the flames have died down and the coals are glowing)
5) Brush the skewered kebabs with the remainder of the barbecue sauce.
6) Place on barbecue and turn regularly for about 10minutes until cooked but not charred.
instructions to make barbecue sauce
1) This can be made in advance and kept handy for marinading any barbecue preparations.
2) Just combine all the ingredients, mix well in a bowl, cover and leave to stand for at least an hour for all the flavours to combine.
energy 220 kcal
1) Serve with a salad or rice.
Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Please go to the original blog entry here and contribute your valuable comments...: http://www.gaurangapada.org/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=25