|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Books By Swami Gaurangapada > Nityananda Gauranga Naam > 018 Gauranga's Associates in Krishna's Pastimes|
Title: 001 Lords Nityananda Gauranga's Associates in Lord Krishna's Pastimes
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-06-26 11:24:16
Lords Nityananda Gauranga's Associates
in Lord Krishna's Pastimes
By His Holiness Bhaktiratna Sadhu Swami Gaurangapada
It has been described by Shrila Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya in his Shataka that the only worship higher than the worship of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga is the worship of Their most merciful Associates and Devotees.
Shrila Narottama Dasa Thakura describes the full glories of the Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga as follows:
gaurangera sangi gane, nitya-siddha kari mane;
sei jaya brajendra-suta pasa
"The most confidential secret means of certainly achieving the direct audience of Vrajendra Suta Lord Krishna is that one develops full faith that the Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga are eternally perfect and liberated companions of the Lord."
How can such staunch faith be developed in the perfect Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga without knowing their actual spiritual identities in the eternal pastimes of Their Lordships Shri Shri Radha and Krishna? This is the precise reason why the greatest of all poets Shrila Kavi Karnapura wrote the great classic book Gaura Gannodesha Dipika illuminating to the world the divine spiritual identities of the Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga in the pastimes of Their Lordships Shri Shri Radha and Krishna.
The following list has been compiled and tabularized from this book and some other sources to assist all the devotees of Lord Gauranga to increase their faith and attachment to the Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga and thus ensure the full success of their journey back to Godhead. As stated by Shrila Kavi Karnapura himself it is the most difficult task in the whole creation to understand the spiritual identities of Gauranga’s associates 100% accurately in all cases since it is very difficult to understand fully the nature and characteristics of pure devotees. Also in some cases many great Associates desire to incarnate in one body so it makes it even more difficult to compile such a list. Thus this table gives the overview listing of the spiritual identities of Gauranga’s associates in Krishna lila and we do not claim 100% accuracy in this regard.
We fervently hope that this chart will assist the saragrahi devotees of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga to regularly meditate on and sincerely pray for the mercy of these great Associates of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga while chanting the Nityananda and Gauranga Mantrarajas and the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. This is the only way to achieve success in our spiritual path and thus enter the divine pastimes of Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga and Their Lordships Shri Shri Radha and Krishna. It is only the eternal Associates who are already participating in the pastimes of the Lord and who can award us the qualification and mercy to enter into These pastimes which is the supreme goal of life.
The Pancha Tattva (Lord Gauranga-Krishna in 5 Features)
(1) Lord Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu (Bhakta Rupa)
(2) Lord Shri Nityananda Prabhu (Bhakta Svarupa)
(3) Lord Shri Advaita Acharya (Bhakta Avatara)
(4) Shri Gadadhara Pandita (Bhakta Shakti)
(5) Shrila Shrivasa Thakura (Bhakta Leader)
The Pancha Tattva stand on a six-sided jeweled simhasana in the center of the Yogapitha at Shridhama Mayapura, Navadvipa. Eight Mahantas surround Them like petals of a lotus flower. The eight Mahantas surrounding the Their Lordships Shri Shri Nityananda Gauranga in the Navadvipa Yogapitha each with 8 assitants are similarly situated like the 64 principal Gopies surrounding Their Lordships Shri Shri Radha and Krishna in the Vrindavana Yogapitha:
1. Svarupa Damodara ---- Chandrashekhar Acharya, Ratnagarbha Thakura, Shri Govinda, Shri Garuda Pandita, Shri Mukunda, Damodara Pandita, Krishna Dasa Thakura, Krishnananda Thakura.
2. Ramananda Raya --- Madhava Acharya, Dvija Shubhananda, Ramachandra Dutta, Vasudeva Dutta, Nandana Acharya, Shankara Thakura, Sudarshana Thakura, Subuddhi Raya.
3. Govindananda Thakura --- Shrirama Pandita, Jagannatha Dasa, Jagadisha Pandita, Sadashiva Kaviraja, Mukunda Raya, Mukundananda, Purandara Acharya, Narayana Vachaspati.
4. Ramananda Vasu --- Paramananda Thakura, Ballava Thakura, Jagadisha Thakura, Vanmali Dasa, Shrikara Pandita, Shrinatha Mishra, Lakhana Acharya, Purushottama Pandita.
5. Shivananda Sena --- Makaradhvaja Datta, Raghunatha Datta, Madhu Pandita, Vishnu Dasa Acharya, Purandara Mishra, Govinda Thakura, Paramananda Gupta, Balarama Dasa.
6. Govinda Ghosh --- Kashi Mishra, Shikhi Mahiti, Shriman Pandita, Bada Haridasa Thakura, Kavichandra Thakura, Hiranyagarbha Thakura, Jagannatha Sena, Dvija Pitambara.
7. Madhava Ghosh or Vakreshvara Pandita --- Makardhvaja Sena, Vidya Vachaspati, Govinda Thakura, Kavi Karnapura, Shrikanta Thakura, Madhava Pandita, Prabodhananda Sarasvati, Balabhadra Bhattacharya.
8. Vasudeva Ghosh --- Raghava Pandita, Murari Chaitanya, Makardhavaja Pandita, Kansari Sena, Jiva Pandita, Mukunda Kaviraja, Chota Haridasa, Kavichandra.
The Eight Goswamis --- Rupa, Sanatana, Lokanantha, Raghunatha Dasa, Raghunatha Bhatta, Jiva, Gopala Bhatta, Krishnadasa Kaviraja.
The Eight Kavirajas --- Shri Jahnava Devi, Govinda Kaviraja, Kavi Karnapura Kaviraja, Nrisingha Kaviraja, Bhagavan Kaviraja, Ballavikanta, Gopiramana, Gokula Kaviraja.
The Dvadasha (Twelve) Gopalas (Cowherd Boys) of Lord Nityananda --- Abhirama Thakura, Sundarananda, Dhananjaya, Gauridasa Pandita, Kamalakara Pipplai, Uddharana Datta, Mahesh Pandita, Purushottama Dasa, Nagar Purushottama, Parameshvara Dasa, Kholavecha Shridhara, Kala Krishna Dasa.
The Eight Principal Gopies of Their Lordships Shri Shri Radha and Krishna in the pastimes of Lord Gauranga --- Ramananda Raya - Vishakha, Svarupa Damodara Goswami - Lalita, Vanamali Kaviraja - Chitra, Raghava Goswami - Champakalata, Prabodhananda Sarasvati Thakura - Tungavidya, Krishna Dasa Brahmachari - Indulekha, Gadadhara Bhatta - Rangadevi, and Ananta Acharya Goswami - Sudevi.
THE TABLE OF THE ASSOCIATES OF SHRI SHRI NITYANANDA GAURANGA IN
SHRI KRISHNA'S PASTIMES IS AS FOLLOWS: