|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Books By Swami Gaurangapada > Nityananda Gauranga Naam > 017 Worshipable Memorial Paraphernalia Nityananda Gauranga > 005 Early Paintings|
Title: 005 Early Paintings
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-06-26 11:36:33
E) -EARLY PAINTINGS -
(1) Famous painting done by Shri Visakha Devi herself of Shri Madana-Gopala, painted for the pleasure of Shrimati Radharani - as mentioned in Shrila Rupa Gosvami's Vidagdha-Madhava-Nataka.
(2) Painting of Shriman Mahaprabhu - at Ma Jahnava Ghata next to Shri Radha-Kunda.
(3) Painting of Shri Mahaprabhu with His associates - at the King's palace in Kunja-ghata, Baharampura.
(4) Life-size painting of Shri Mahaprabhu - in the King's palace at Puri.
(5) Painting in Bhonsala House inBombay (bought from Vargira Bangala).
(6) Painting of Rasa-Raja-Mahabhava at Shrila Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami's bhajana-kutira in Radha-kunda; upon the request of the Muslim emperor of Delgi, the royal artist of the King of Orissa went before Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu and painted His portrait exactly true to the Lord's countenance.
(7) Painting of Shri Chaitanya Sankirtana, done in the mid-17th century; it used to be Shrinivasa Acarya's house in Yaji-grama, but is now in Mallika Mahasaya Thakura's house in Endedaha.