|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > NITAAI Forum Archives > Books By Swami Gaurangapada > Nityananda Gauranga Naam > 017 Worshipable Memorial Paraphernalia Nityananda Gauranga > 004 Early Deities|
Title: 004 Early Deities
User: Swami Gaurangapada Date: 2006-06-26 11:35:31
(D) - EARLY DEITIES -
(1) Deity of Shri Gaura established by Shri Vishnu-priya - at Navadvipa (mentioned by Murari Gupta in Chaitanya-Carita, 4.14.8).
(2) Shri Nitai Gaura established by Gauridasa Pandita - at Ambika Kalana (Mentioned by Murari Gupta in Shri Chaitanya-Carita, 4.14.12)
(3) Shri -Nitai-Gaura established by Murari Gupta - at Bana-Khandi Mahadeva, Vrndavana.
(4) Shri Gaura-Govinda established by Shri Kasisvara Pandita - at Shri Govinda Mandira in Vrndavana (mentioned in Sadhan-Dipika, Ch. 2, page 24)
(5) Shri Gaura-Nityananda established by Shri Mahesa Pandita - at Cakadaha, Palapada
(6) Shri Gaura-Gopala establised by Shri Jagadisa Pandita - at Yasoda, Nadiya
(7) Three Deities of Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu's that were made during His presence - one installed by Narahari Sarakara Thakura at Shrikhanda; one installed by Shri Gadadhara Dasa at Katoya one installed by Shri Kamsari Ghosa at Ganga-nagara (Baguda).
(8) Shri Laksmi-priya and Gauanga discovered in an abandoned barn by Shrila Narottama Dasa Thakura -at Khetuda (mentioned in Bhakti-Ratnakara, 10.191-203).
(9) Shri Shri Yasho-Madhava discovered by Shri Jagannatha Thakura - at Adiyala, Daka.
(10) Shri Meyo-Krishna served Shri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami - at Bharata-pura, Musidabad Districts.
(11) Shri Bala Gopala served by Shri Satyabhanu Upadhaya (the wandering vipra mentioned in Shri Chaitanya-Bhagavata) - at Shri Haridasa Gosvami's home, Navadipa.
(12) Shri Ksira-cora Goinatha - at Remuna Orissa.
(13) Shri Gopinatha served by Shri Abhirama Thakura - at Khana -Kula Krishna-nagara.
(14) Shri Tota-Gopinatha (found by Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu at Yamesvara Tota) - at Jagannatha Puri, Orissa
(15) Shri Saksi-Gopala - formerly at Kataka, now at a temple near Puri.
*** Deities Established By The Gosvamis ***
(16) Shri Govinda installed by Shrila Rupa Gosvami at Vrndavana - now in Jaipura.
(17) Shri Madana-Mohana installed by Shrila Sanatana Gosvami at Vrndavana - now in Karauli.
(18) Shri Radha Damodara installed by Shrila Jiva Gosvami in Vrndavana - in Jaipura.
(19) Shri Radha-Ramana installed by Shrila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami - in Vrndavana.
(20) Shri Gopinatha installed by Shrila Madhu Pandita Gosvami at Vrndavana - in Jaipura.
(21) Shri Radha-Vinod installed by Shrila Lokanatha Gosvami - now in Jaipura.
(22) Shri Syama-Sundara installed by Shrila Syamananda Prabhu - now in Jaipura.
(23) Shri Gokulananda installed by Shrila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura- in Vrndavana along with Shri Radha-Vijaya-Govinda of Shrila Baladeva Vidya-bhusana, and Shri Chaitanya of Shrila Narottama Dasa Thakura.
*** Deities Established In Vraja By Vajra-nabha, Shri Krishna's Grandson ***
(24-27) FOUR DEVAS - (in Vrndavana) Shri Govinda-deva; (in Mathura) Shri Kesava-deva; (in Govardhana) Shri Hari-deva; (in Maha-vana) Shri Baladeva.
(28-31) FOUR GOPALAS - (in Vrndavana) Saksi-Gopala, Gopinath-Gopala, Madana-Gopala; (in Govardhana) Shrinatha-Gopala.
(32-35) FOUR SIVAS - (in Mathura) Bhutesvara; (in Vrndavana) Gopisvara; ( in Govardhana) Cakresvara; (in Kamya-vana) Kamesvara.
(36-39) FOUR DEVIS - (in Mathura) Maha-Devi; (in Vrndavana) Vrnda-Devi; (in Cira-Ghata) Katyayani; (in Sanketa) Sanketak Sanketa-Vasini.
*** Other Famous Early Deities ***
(40) Shri Syama-sundara in Khadadaha;
(41) Shri Gaura-Nitai in Sukacara;
(42) Shri Madana-Mohana in Panihati;
(43) Shri Nanda-Dulala in Saibona;
(44) Shri Jagannatha in Mahesa;
(45) Shri Mahaprabhu in Catara;
(46) Bala-Gopala in Endedaha;
(47) Shri Radha Vallabha in Vallabha-pura
(48) Shri Madana-Gopala in Santi-pura
(49) Mohana-Raya and Krishna-Raya in Baharampura
(50-55) the six sets of Deities established during Shrila Narottama Dasa Thakura's celebration of the first Gaura-Purnima festival (appearance day of Shri Gauranga Mahaprabhu ) in Khetari - Gauranga, Vallabhi-Kanta, Radha-Ramana, Vraja-Mohana, Radha-Kanta, and Shri Krishna
(56) Shri Nanda Dulala in Jalala-pura
(57) Shri Laksmi-Vishnu-priya established in Rajasahi, Khetari, by Shrila Narottama Dasa Thakura;
(58) a Deity established in the King'spalace of Puri by Maharaja Prataparudra;
(59) A Deity established in Campahati, Varddhamana, by Shri Vaninatha Thakura.