|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > Compiled and Imp Scriptures > Shikshashtaka with Commentaties > 1. All Victory to Naam Sankirtana > Sloka One-Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy.|
anandambudhi-vardhanam prati-padam purnamritasvadanam
sarvatma-snapanam param vijayate shri-krishna-sankirtanam
cetah-of the heart; darpana-the mirror; marjanam-cleansing; bhava-of material existence; maha-davagni-the blazing forest fire; nirvapanam-extinguishing; shreyah-of good fortune; kairava-the white lotus; candrika-the moonshine; vitaranam-spreading; vidya-of all education; vadhu-wife; jivanam-the life; ananda-of bliss; ambudhi-the ocean; vardhanam-increasing; prati-padam-at every step; purna-amrita-of the full nectar; asvadanam-giving a taste; sarva-for everyone; atma-snapanam-bathing of the self; param-transcendental; vijayate-let there be victory; shri-krishna-sankirtanam-for the congregational chanting of the holy name of Krishna.
Explanatory Translation by Swami Gaurangapada
All Glories, supreme victory and all-prevailing triumph to Shri Krishna Sankirtana, the ecstatic and loud chanting of the supreme glories of the Holy Names (Hare, Krishna, Radha, Gauranga, Nityananda etc.), Forms, Pastimes, Qualities, Abodes and Associates of the Supreme Absolute Truth Lord Shri Krishna performed by following in the footsteps of the great Associates of the Lord. Shri Krishna Sankirtana is the summit of all spiritual practices and is characteristized by the attainment of the following seven superexcellent and matchless results:
(1) Cheto darpana marjana: Shri Krishna Sankirtana gradually but fully unstains, cleanses and purifies the mirror of the heart of each and every soul by eradicating the deep marks of the desires of dirty sensual enjoyment from the heart thus granting the vision, knowledge and direct realization of the soul's eternal constitutional relationship with the Lord and a glimpse of the entry into the five mellows of direct service to the Lord: neutrality, servitorship, fraternity, parenthood and conjugal love. This is the stage of bhajana kriya or beginning of the principal practice of chanting and hearing about the Lord practiced in the association of devotees (sadhu sanga) with faith (sraddha) in the Holy Names.
(2) Bhava maha davagni nirvapana: The great ambrosial shower of Shri Krishna Sankirtana snuffs out, quenches, extinguishes and fully terminates forever the blazing, searing and all-immolating gigantic forest fire of Bhava (nescience) which occurs due to the most terrorizing, horrifying and infinitely painful embodiment and transmigration of the spirit soul in the 8.4 million bodily species of life via the ghastly and repeated cycle of birth, old age, disease and death in this material creation. This forest fire of material existence which leads to the unlimited suffering of the souls for trillions of lives in this material creation but which is ended by Shri Krishna Sankirtana, was willingly ignited by the souls themselves from time immemorial due to misuse of their minute independence given to them by the Lord. This is the stage or anartha nivritti (or kleshaghni) or destruction of the unwanted things in the heart by the sheer and exclusive potency and power of Shri Krishna Sankirtana.
(3) Shreya kairava chandrika vitarana: The nectarine and peerless white-lotus blossoming moonlight of Shri Krishna Sankirtana radiates, disseminates and distributes to each and every soul in creation the supreme and the loftiest auspiciousness of Shreya i.e. the supreme benefit of the soul in the form of pure unalloyed devotional servitorship of the Lord in one's perfected spiritual body. This is the stage of nishtha or firm irrevocable attachment and ruchi or spontaneous attraction to hearing and chanting the glories of the Lord and also the stage of shubhada or the beginning of all auspiciousness for the soul.
(4) Vidya vadhu jivana: Shri Krishna Sankirtana is the very life, beginning, end, apex, and the inseparable and sweet bride of all branches of transcendental knowledge. This realization while performing Shri Krishna Sankirtana is achieved at the stage of asakti or magnetic and irresistible attachment to singing the glories of the Lord with the melting of the heart in pure love for the Lord.
(5) Anandambudhi vardhana: The moon of Shri Krishna Sankirtana increasingly agitates, expands and swells the already boundless and shoreless ocean of pure transcendental bliss and happiness of the soul in relation with the Lord. This stage is known as rati or bhaava and is most rarely attained (sudurlabha) by even the topmost transcendentalists. This stage is attained only by the causeless mercy of Shri Krishna Sankirtana and and it eclipses and belittles even the great achievement of moksha or liberation (moksha laghukrita) and makes it look very insignificant in comparison.
(6) Pratipadam purnamritasvadana: Shri Krishna Sankirtana guarantees the attainment of the direct audience of the Lord resulting in the undivided relish and savoring of the complete and unabridged nectar of pure love for the Lord at each and every step while chanting and hearing the glories of the Lord. At this stage of prema or pure love, the devotees experiences sandrananda visheshatma or the supremely condensed nectar of all forms of transcendental bliss and ecstasy.
(7) Sarvatma snapana: Shri Krishna Sankirtana thoroughly bathes, inundates and overwhelms one's whole self within and without including the soul's spiritual senses, mind and intelligence with the unadulterated ocean of rasa or pure nectarean mellows of love for the Lord. This is the final stage known as shri krishna akarshini where the ecstatic blissful symptoms developed by the pure love of the devotee through Shri Krishna Sankirtana enchant and attract even the Supreme Lord Himself who thus manifests in full in front of that devotee with His Name, Form, Pastimes, Qualities, Associates and Abodes