|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura > Ksanada-gita-cintamani > Trtiya Ksanada, Krsna trtiya|
Tritiya Kshanada, Krishna tritiya
Third Night, Third Night of the Dark Fortnight
Song 1 Shri Gaurachandrasya (of Lord Gaurachandra) (Varadi-raga)
1. abeshe abasha anga dhire dhire cale
bhaba-bhare gara gara ankhi nahi mele
2. purata carita yata bipariti-kahini
shuni pahum murachita lotaya dharani
3. patita heriya kande nahi bandhe thira
kata shata dhara bahe nayanera nira
4. nace pahum rasika sujana
yara gune darabaye daru pashana
5. pulake mandita shri-bhuja-yuga tuli
loliya loliya pade hari hari bali
6. kulabati jhure mane jhure duti ankhi
jhuriya jhuriya kande banera pashu pakhi
7. yara bhabe griha-basi chade griha-sukha
balarama dasa sabe e rase bimukha
1. His limbs overcome with ecstasy, He slowly slowly walked. Overcome with ecstasy, His eyes did not open.
2. Hearing the wonderful narrations of the pastimes He enjoyed in ancient times, the Lord rolled on the ground and fell unconscious.
3. Seeing the fallen conditioned souls, He wept. He would not be still. How many hundreds of flooding rivers of tears flowed from His eyes?
4. Tasting the nectar of ecstatic love, He danced. His glories made stones and wood melt with ecstasy.
5. He raised His garceful arms, arms decorated with pores bearing hairs erect in ecstasy. He chanted "Hari! Hari!" He fell and rolled on the ground.
6. In their hearts the saintly ladies wept. Tears fell from their eyes. Even the forest birds and beasts wept and wept.
7. Even though He was a householder living at home, He had turned away from ordinary household happiness. Balarama dasa also has turned his face away from the so-called nectar of any kind of material happiness.
Song 2 Shri Nityanandacandrasya (of Lord Nityanandacandra) (Dhanashi-raga)
1. preme matta maha-bali cale nita-i diga dali
dharani dharite nare bhara
anga-=bhangi sundara gati ati manthara
ki chara kunjara matoyara
2. preme pulakita tanu kanaya-kadamba janu
prema-dhara bahe duti ankhe
nace gaya gora-gune puraba padeche mane
bha-iya bha-iya bali dake
3. huhunkara malasate keshari-garaba tute
shuni buka phati mare pashandi jana
naguda nahika sathe aruna kunja hate
haladhara maha-bira bana
4. kebala patita-bandhu rankera-ratana sindhu
andhera locana parakasha
patitera abasheshe rahi gela gupta dase
puna pahu na kaila talasa
1. Wild with ecstatic love, the powerful Lord walks from one place to another. The earth has no power to bear the weight of His steps. His bending limbs are graceful. He walks very slowly. The graceful motions of a drunken elephant are worthless like ashes compared to His gracefulness.
2. The hairs of His body standing erect in ecstasy, He has become like a golden kadamba tree. Flooding rivers of tears flow from His two eyes. Singing of Lord Gaura's glories, He dances. He calls out, "O brothers! O brothers!"
3. Slapping His arms, He makes a great sound. His roar rips apart the lions' pride. Hearing His roar, the blasphemers feel their hearts break. A staff is at His side. A red lotus is in His hand. He bears all the marks the the great hero Balarama.
4. For the fallen He the only friend. For the poor and destitute He is an ocean of jewels. For the blind He is the eyes' power to see. Not looking for any other master, most fallen Gupta dasa follows Him.
Song 3 Mukhara Praha (Mukhara Speaks) (Tudi-raga)
1. nagiyache kadamba gachera de
antare beyadhi marama jane ba ke
2. sata panca sakhi meli
yamuna sinane geli
3. ki na se dekhila taya
se-i haite mane ana nahi bhaya
4. dakile radhe samati na de
ankhi kacale sada kande
5. mane ghara duyara na bhaya
judaya kadamba-talara baya
6. bamshi-badane kahe tatha-i niye
cahite cintite ra-i ba jiye
1. First She touched a kadamba tree, and then She became very ill.
2. Five or seven gopi friends met to bathe in the Yamuna. 3. "Why do we not see Her? In our hearts no one is glorious like Her."
4. "O Radha!", they called. She gave no reply. She wept again and again. She wiped Her eyes.
5. In my heart I do not think the doorway of the house is a good place for Her. It is good that She stay in the kadamba forest, where a cooling breeze blows.
6. Vamshivadana asks: Do You think Radha will live?
Song 4 Paurnamasy Aha (Paurnamasi Speaks) (the same raga)
1. saba deba hankari kahinu shruti-pute
kaliya konarera name kampi jhampi uthe
2. bujhinu bhabinira bhabe nahe deba-dano
kadamba-taruya debere kichu mano
3. kaliya konara deba thake kadambera dale
sukumari dekhiya panache shishu-kale
4. manbe kichu na bhabiha prane na maribe
nija puja pa-ile chadiya ghare yabe
5. bamshi-badane kahe e-i katha dadha
nija puja na pa-ile paramada bada
1. I invoked all the demigods. I spoke to all their ears. Suddenly the earth trembled, and then a small black boy arose from below.
2. I did not know if that boy was a divine being or a demon. I thought: He must be a spirit that lives in this kadamba tree.
3. The boy-spirit lives in this kadamba tree's branches. When He sees delicate teenage girls, He manifests the form of a teenage boy.
4. Somehow my life did not perish. Why I do not know. Only by worshiping that spirit will any person be able to leave that place and return home.
5. Vamshivadana says very emphatically: Anyone who does not worship that spirit will meet with great calamities.
Song 5 Tam prati Shri Radhaha (Shri Radha Replies to Her) (Bhatiyari-raga)
1. sata panca sakhi sange nana abharana ange
sadhe genu yamunara jale
tematha pathera ghate sekhane bhulinu bate
timire jhampiya chila more
2. (Refrain) o go sajani ki haila premera jvala
shayane svapane dekhi kala
3. kahibara katha naya kahile ki jani haya
na kaile marame lage byatha
yamuna-pulina kache dothari kadamba ache
banacari kemana debata
4. kaliya barana shyama kaliya tahara nama
kalindi kadamba-tale thana
bamshi-badane kaya yubati-jibera naya
dekhile marame deya hana
1. Accompanied by five or seven gopi friends and my body decorated with ornaments, I went to a plaec by the Yamuna's waters. As I walked on the path I came to a place were darkness suddenly covered Me.
2. (Refrain) O My friend, why do I always burn in these flames of passionate love? Why, whenever I fall asleep on My bed do I always see this black youth?
3. He does not speak. If He does speak I cannot understand His words. A great torment stays in My heart. Why kind of spirit lives in this kadamba tree by the Yamuna's bank.
4. His color is black. His name is black. He stays under a kadamba tree by the Yamuna's bank. Vamshivadana says: This girl will not live. A great torment has attacked Her heart.
Song 6 (Suha-i-raga)
1. aju pekhanu nanda-kishora
keli-bilasa sabahum aba tejala
aha-nishi rahata bibhora
2. yab dhari cakita biloki bipina-tate
palati a-oli mukha mori
tab dhari madana- mohana tanu kanane
lutha-i dhairaya-pana chori
3. puna phiri so-i nayane yadi herabi
pa-oba cetana naha
bhujangini damshi punahim yadi damshaye
tabahim shamaye bisha-daha
4. aba shubha-khana dhani manimaya-bhushana-
bhushita tanu anupama
abhisaru ballabha- hridaya birajaha
1. Today I saw Nanda's son. Now I have turned from all pleasures and pastimes. Day and night I am overcome.
2. If somehow I see Him in the forest or by the riverbank, I fearfully turn My face. If I see His form filled with Kamadeva's charms, I loose all peaceful composure. Overcome, I roll on the forest ground.
3. If somehow I were to return and see Him again, I could not remain conscious. I woiuld be bitten by a snake. I would be stunned. I would burn in the fires of that snake's poison.
4. O glorious friend, now is the auspicious moment. Now I will decorate My peerless body with many jewel ornaments. I will go and meet My beloved. I will become like a necklace of gold and jewels that decorates My beloved's chest.
Song 7 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. katahim manoratha manamatha-ranhe
a-oli ramani bipina sakhi sange
2. keli-sadane piya-badane nehari
palati calali dhani pada du-i cari
3. sahacari ancala dhari dhari rakhe
bala manasija-rasa nahi cakhe
4. lajake raja sutanu-tanu-deshe
sankoca-saciba tanhi karala prabeshe
5. kahe hari-ballabha phula-shara age
raja saciba sabahum cali bhage
1. Surrounded by her girlfriends, a beautiful, playful, amorous girl enters the forest.
2. Seeing her beloved at the pastime-place, she turns away and takes two or four steps.
3. Her friends cover their faces with the edge of the garemnts. This girl will not sip the nectar of amorous pastimes.
4. Shyness is the king ruling the country of her slender body. Turning away from the beloved is the king's chief minister. Now he makes his entrance.
5. Hari-vallabha says: Now Kamadeva comes with his flower-arrows. All is well. King Shyness and his minister are put to flight.
Song 8 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. kabari-bhaye camari ge-o giri-kandare
mukha-bhaye canda akasha
harini nayana-bhaye svara-bhaye kokila
gati-bhaya gaja bana-basa
2. (Refrain) sundari kahe mohe sambhashi na yasi
tuya dhare ko nahi kanha pala-ola
tuhum puna kahe darasi
3. kuca-bhaye kamala- mukula jale majjala
ghata parabesha hutashe
dadima shri-phala gagane basa karu
shambhu garala garase
4. bhuja-bhaye panke mrinala kala haru
kara-bhaye kishalaya kampe
kabishekhara bhana kata kata aichana
1. Out of fear of your braided hair, the graceful-maned horses hide in mountain caves. Out of fear of your face the moon has fled into the sky. Out of fear of your eyes the does hide in the forest. Out of fear of your voice the cuckoos hide in the forest. Out of fear of your graceful movements the elephants hide in the forest.
2. (Refrain) O beautiful girl, why are you bewildered in this way? Please don't talk in this way. Who does not fear you? Who does not flee from you? Why are you afraid?
3. Out of fear of your breasts the lotus buds hide under the waters, the clay pots hide in the sacrificial arena, the pomegranate and Shriphala fruits hide in branches high in the sky, and auspicious Lord Shiva sips poison.
4. Out of fear of your arms lotus stalks hide in the mud. Out of fear of your hands budding twigs tremble. Kavishekhara says: How many beings must I describe, beings afraid of Kamadeva's power?
Song 9 (the same raga)
1. yaba dhan-i bhuja bhari dharala murari
bhijala basana tana rodana-bari
2. ghana ghana uchalata piya-hiya maha
kusuma-shayana-tale anala naha
3. hasi hasi hari yab kholata basa
tharahari kampa-i nahi nahi bhasha
4. ati dare katara dhani-mukha dekhi
tab lahu lahu ura para nakha-rekhi
5. lahu lahu alingana lahu lahu keli
lahu lahu adharaka damshana bheli
6. kampaye anga saghane sitakare
bijuri camake yaiche nirada-bhare
7. rahi rahi manasija anubhabi sheshe
tab sukha-sagare karala prabeshe
8. bala manahim pa-ola ashoyasa
eta dine janamaka bhangala tarasa
9. janala rati-rasa-kautuka-ranga
janama saphala manala piya-sanga
10. donha tanu donha mana bandhana bhela
sakhi-locana madhuri bhari nela
11. kahe hari-ballabha ballabha-lala
rati-rasa patha pada-ola bhala
1. Krishna grabs a beautiful gopi's arm. The tears from her eyes soak her bodice.
2. Her beloved sighs. Again and again His chest heaves. Sitting on the bed made of flowers, He seems bathed in the flames of passionate desire.
3. Smiling and smiling, Krishna removes Her garments. Trembling and trembling, she speaks not a word, not a word.
4. Krishna seems the marks of fear on the gopi's face. Gently, gently He moves His fingernails across her breasts.
5. Sweetly, sweetly He embraces her. Sweetly, sweetly He enjoys pastimes with her. Gently, gently He bites her lip.
6. Again and again They sigh and tremble. She is like a lightning flash and He is like a dark cloud.
7. Kamadeva waits and waits. At they end he plunges Them both into an ocean of bliss.
8. The gopi is now confident at heart. From this day her fear is broken.
9. Now she understands the nectar bliss of amorous mastimes. She thinks in the company of her beloved her life has now borne its fruit.
10. Their two bodies and two hearts are now bound into one. Sweetness now fills that gopis' eyes.
11. Hari-vallabha says: Her beloved Krishna is a good teacher. Quickly He makes her into a learned scholar expert at tasting the nectar of amorous pastimes.