|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura > Ksanada-gita-cintamani > Saptama Ksanada, Krsna Saptami|
Saptama Kshanada, Krishna Saptami
Seventh Night, Seventh Night of the Dark Fortnight
Song 1 Shri Gaurachandrasya (of Lord Gaurachandra) (Suha-i-raga)
1. sahaja-i kancana gora
madana-manohara bayasa kishora
2. tahe dharu nata-bara-besha
prati ange tarangita rasera abesha
3. nacata nabadwipa-canda
jaga-jana nimagana prema-ananda
4. bipula pulaka abalambe
bikashita bhela kiye bhaba-kadambe
5. nayane galaye ghana lora
kshane hase kshane kande bhabe bibhora
6. rasa-bhare gada gada bola
carana-parashe kshiti ananda-hilola
7. purala jaga-jana-asha
kebala bancita gobinda dasa
1. He is glorious like gold. Youthful and more charming than Kamadeva, He wears a dancer's garments. His every limb is plunged in great waves of nectar.
2. He who is the moon of Navadvipa dances. He plunges the people of the world into the bliss of spiritual love.
3. The hairs of His body stand erect. Has He noe become like a blooming kadamba tree?
4. Tears stream from His eyes. One moment He laughs and the next moment He weeps. He is overcome with spiritual love.
5. Overcome by tasting nectar, He speaks broken syllables in a choked voice. The touch of His feet makes the world tremble in waves of bliss.
6. He fulfills the desires of every person in the world. Only Govinda dasa is cheated. His desire is not fulfilled.
Song 2 Shri Nityanandacandrasya (of Lord Nityanandacandra) (Beloyara-raga)
1. (Refrain) jaya jaga-tarana karana-dhama
ananda-kanda nityananda nama
2. dagamaga-locana kamala dhula-ota
sahaja athira gati jini matoyara
bhaya abhirama bali ghana ghana phukara-i
gaura-prema-bhare cala-i na para
3. gada gada madhura madhura bacanamrita
lahu lahu hasa bikashita ganda
pashanda-khandana shri-bhuja mandana
4. kali-yuga-kala bhujangama-sangama
dagadhala sthabara jangama dekhi
jaga bhari prema- sudha-rasa barikhata
gobinda dasako kahe upekhi
1. (Refrain) Glory, glory to the deliverer of the worlds, tha cause of all causes, the root of all bliss, the master who bears the name Nityananda!
2. His tear-filled eyes close sleepily. His movements are agitated. It is as if He is intoxicated. Again and again He calls out, "Friend Abhirama!" Overcome with love for Lord Gaura, He now has no power even to move.
3. In a choked voice He speaks sweet broken syllables. His words are sweet like nectar. His cheeks blossom in sweet sweet smiles and laughter. He breaks the blasphemers into pieces. He graceful arms are decorated with golden ornaments. He holds a staff.
4. Seeing the moving moving and unmoving beings burning in the grip of the snake of Kali-yuga, He showers the nectar of spiritual love on all the worlds. Govinda dasa asks: Whom should I spurn and whom should I accept?
Song 3 Shri Radha Praha (Shri Radha Speaks) (Gandhara-raga)
1. marakata-darapana barana ujora
hera-ite prati anga ananga agora
2. na bhujhalum ki kahala aruna nayana
hanala ata-e kusuma-shara bana
3. e sakhi kahe bhetalum nanda-nandana
mandira gahana dahana bhela candana
4. taikhane dakhina pabana bhela bama
saha-i na pariye himakara-nama
5. sajaha sheja kamala-dala pati
kulabati yubati le-u nija shati
6. tanhi rahala mana locana lagi
dhairaja laja dure gela bhagi
7. ki phala ekala bikala-parana
gobinda dasa kaha milaba kana
1. He is splendid like a sapphire mirror. His limbs eclipse even Kamadeva.
2. I do not know of any eyes like His reddish eyes, eyes that shoot Kamadeva's arrows.
3. O gopi-friend, whom did I meet? It was Nanda's son. Because of Him a palace has now become a wild forest and a blazing fire has become cooling sandal paste.
4. Because of Him the southern wind now blows from the north. Because of HIm I cannot bear the glistening moonlight.
5. Please make a bed from lotus leaves and petals. This pious girl will rest upon it.
6. My thoughts rest in Him. My eyes yearn for Him. My shyness and my peaceful compose are now thrown far away.
7. What fruit will come from the great disorder in this girls's life? Govinda dasa says: She will meet Krishna.
Song 4 (Bala-raga)
1. kanu heraba kari chila bahu sadha
kanu hera-ite aba bhela paramada
2. tab dhari abodhi mugadhi hama nari
ki kari ki bali kachu bujha-i na pari
3. shanana-ghana sama e du-i nayana
abirata dhaka dhaka karaye parana
4. kahe lagi sajani darashana bhela
baraki apana ji-u para hate dela
5. na janiye ki karu mohana cora
hera-ite prana hari la-i ge-o mera
6. eta saba adara ge-o darasha-i
yata bichuriye tata bichura na ja-i
7. bidyapati kahe shuna bara-nari
dhairaja dhara cite milaba murari
1. When I see Krishna I will be overcome with desire. I have become wild to see Krishna.
2. When I see Krishna I will be overcome. What will I do? What will I say? I do not know.
3. My two eyes have become like two clouds in the monsoon month of Shravana. My life-breath throbs.
4. O my friend, whom did i see? With His own hand He brought me back to life.
5. What did this charming thief do to me? I do not know. Anxious to see Him, my life-breath is about to depart.
6. I yearn to see Him. I try to forget Him. I cannot forget Him.
7. Vidyapati says: Please hear, O glorious girl. Be patient at heart. Krishna will meet with you.
Song 5 Duti Praha (A Gopi Messenger Speaks) (Suha-i-raga)
1. sahaja-i shyama sukomala shitala
so tanu-parasha- pabana-laba parashite
malayaja panka shukaya
2. sajani kataye bujha-oba niti
kanu kathina patha karala arohana
guni guni tohari piriti
3. anukhana du nayane nira nahi teja-i
biraha-anale hiya jari
pabaka-parashe sarasa daru yaichana
eka dishe nikasa-i bari
4. sajala-nalini-dale sheja bicha-o-i
shutala ati abasade
jnana dasa kahe camara dhula-ite
adhika upaje paramade
1. Krishna is delicate and cool, and you are like blazing sunlight. The breeze from your body dries sandal paste.
2. O gopi friend, Please consider what is right. The path that leads to Krishna is very difficult to walk. I think, I think you must have fallen in love with Him.
3. Do not tears always flow from your eyes? In seems that Your heart is burning in flames of separation from Him. You have become like nectar-sweet wook burning in a fire. I will sprinkle some water on you.
4. I have made a bed of lotus petals sprinkled with drops of water. Please lie down on it. Jnana dasa says: By moving the camara wisk she brought pleasure to that girl.
Song 6 (Kamoda-raga)
1. prema-ratana-khani ramani-shiromani
antara jara jara nayana nijhara jhara
badane na nikasaye bani
2. aju ki kahaba hari-anuraga
taikhane kanana calali bikala-mana
3. manthara gati ati cala-i na parati
calatahim tabahim turanta
hiya ati dhasamasi shwasa-i mukha-shashi
4. sangini sahacari durahim parihari
ra-i ekakini kunje
ballabha murachita heri jiya-ota
1. She is the crest jewel of all beautiful girls. She is a jewel-mine of spiritual love. Now She burns in flames of separation from Her beloved. Her heart throbs. Tears stream from Her eyes. No words coem to Her mouth.
2. She has fallen in lovewith Krishna. What will She do now? She moves througb the forest. Her thoughts are agitated. Fear, shyness, and the rules of religion have fled from Her.
3. She walks slowly. Then She is stunned. She has no power to move. Then She walks quickly. She feels torment in Her heart. Sighs come from the moon of Her mouth. Showers of perspiration come from Her.
4. She leaves Her gopi-companion far behind. Radha walks alone in the forest. Sheeing Her beloved She is overcome by the sweet nectar of His handsome form. She faints in ecstasy.
Song 7 (Kedara-raga)
1. donhe donha nirakha-i nayanera kone
donha-hiya jara jata manamatha-bane
2. dohum-tanu pulakita ghana ghana kampa
dohum kata madana-sagare de-i jhampa
3. dohum dohum arati piriti nahi tute
darashane parashe kateka sukha uthe
1. They both glance at each other from the corners of Their eyes. Both of Them wounded by Kamadeva's arrows, Their hearts throb.
2. The hairs of Their bodies stand erect. They both tremble. How many times do They both dive into the ocean of Kamadeva's pastimes.
3. The love They feel for each other is never broken. How much bliss rises within Them when They see and touch each other?
Song 8 (the same raga)
1. rati-rase atishaya matala naha
amiya-sarobare karu abagaha
2. sahaje nirankusha nagara-naga
tahe manamatha-nripa kautuka laga
3. kara gahi rakhata yugala cakeba
dasha-i sarasija baraba keba
4. kata-i hilora utha-o-i range
dubahim kabahum ananda-tarange
5. hari-ballabha saba sakhi-gana kule
dekhata satata hulasa-i phule
1. They have become intoxicated by tasting the sweet nectar of Their pastimes. They dive into a nectar lake.
2. They become like two wild elephants. King Kamadwva joyfuuly stays with Them.
3. They hold hands. They play like cakravaka birds. They play among the lotus flowers.
4. How many times do they playfully rise from the waves? How many times do they dive under the blissful waves?
5. Their gopi friends, who are all dear to Lord Krishna, watch from the shore. Again and again bliss blossoms amongst them.