|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura > Ksanada-gita-cintamani > Dvitiya Ksanada, Krsna dvitiya|
Dvitiya Kshanada, Krishna dvitiya
Second Night, Second Night of the Dark Fortnight
Song 1 Shri Gaurachandrasya (of Lord Chaitanya) (Deshaga-raga)
1. kundana kanaya kalebara-kanti
prati ange abirala pulakako panti
2. prema-bhare dhara dhara locana caya
katahum mandakini tanhi bahi yaya
3. dekha dekha gaura guna-mani
karunaya ko bihi milayala ani
4. japi japaye madhura nija nama
ga-i gaoyaye apana guna-gama
5. naci nacaoye badhira jada andha
katihum na pekhom aichana parabandha
6. apahim bhori bhubana karu bhora
nija para nahi sabare de-i kora
7. bhasala preme akhila nara-nari
gobinda dasa kahe yana balihari
1. His body is effulgent like gold. On His every limb the hairs stand erect in ecstasy.
2. A celestial Ganga of tears of ecstatic love flows from His eyes.
3. Look! Look at Lord Gaura! Who gave Him transcendental compassion? Who placed on Him the jewel ornaments of all virtues?
4. He sweetly chants His own holy names. He makes others chant also. He sings songs describing His own glories. He makes others sing those songs also.
5. He dances. He makes the deaf, dumb, and blind dance also. I do not see any way these activities may be explained.
6. He is overwhelmed with bliss. He makes all the worlds also become overwhelmed with bliss. Overwhelmed, no one knows who he is or who other persons are.
7. The men and women of this world now swim and float in an ocean of divine love. Govinda dasa says: I surrender my self and my everything to Lord Gaura.
Song 2 Nityanandacandrasya (of Lord Nityananda) (Dhanashi-raga)
1. cale nitai prema-bhare diga thalamala kare
pada-bhare abani dolaya
adha adha katha kaya mukhera bahira naya
nija parishade guna gaya
2. (Refrain) dekha bha-i abani-mandale nityananda
bhaiyara mukha heri badhaye ananda
3. paridhana nila dhathi anthani na rahe kati
antarbhabe bahya nahi jane
a\nga heli duli cale gaura gauira sada bale
nishi nishi aba nahi jane
4. yuge yuge rama sujana-pratipalaka
pashandira karite binasha
shri-krishna-chaitanyacandra thakura shri-nityananda
guna gaya brindabana dasa
1. Overcome with ecstatic love, Lord Nitai walks. The weight of His footsteps makes the ground sway to and fro. The directions tremble. Half-spoken words come from His mouth. His associates sing His glories.
2. (Refrain) O my brother, look at Lord Nityananda as He walks in the circle of the earth. Gazing at His brother's faces, He becomes filled with bliss.
3. He wears blue garments. The sash is no longer wrapped about His waist. Overcome with ecstatic love, He knows nothing of the external world. His body has fallen into the dust. “Gaura! Gaura!", He calls out again and again. He does not know whether it is day or night.
4. Yuga after yuga He is Balarama. He protects the saintly devotees and destroys the blasphemers. Vrindavana dasa thus sings the glories of Shri Krishna Chaitanyacandra and Thakura Shri Nityananda.
Song 3 Shri Krishna Aha (Shri Krishna Speaks) (Bala-dhanashi-raga)
1. hera-ite heri na heri
pucha-ite kaha-i na kaha punaberi
2. chatura sakhi sane basa-i
hase parihase hasa-i na hasa-i
3. pekhalum braja-naba-nari
tarunima shaishaba bujha-i na parii
so kiye ana nahe paratite
5. aichana hera-ite gori
hatha sane paithala mana maha mori
6. tabahim kusuma-shara bhora
chutala banba putala hiya mora
7. gobinda dasa cite jaga
candaki lagi suraya uparaga
1. I try to see, but I cannot see. I cannot ask again and again.
2. The gopis are very clever. Still, when there are jokes sometimes they laugh, and sometimes they do not laugh.
3. I have watched the girls of Vraja. I do not know whether they are women or children.
4. I have watched the evidence of their gestures, eyes, and hearts. Still I cannot decide.
5. One day a fair young gopi violently attacked My heart.
6. She shot a flower-arrow at Me. Now My heart is gravely wounded.
7. Govinda dasa sings in his thoughts: Aha! Now the sun has fallen in love with the moon.
Song 4 Shri Krishnena saha sakhya ukti-pratyukti (Conversation of Lord Krishna with a gopi) (Varadi-raga)
1. madhaba kaiche milaba tohe so-i
kulabati bala sulabha nahi ho-i
2. e sakhi e majhu tanu mana prana
ya-i kaha tahe deyanu dana
3. tuhum ati lolupa giribaradhari
so dhani ati parabasha para-nari
4. ati kulashila laja bhaya punje
kemana yukati tahe anaba kunje
5. eka kusuma=shara bala yadi karaye
tuhum ati sukrita shakhi phala dharaye
6. tab hama e yasha pa-oba aji
puraba tohari manoratha-raji
7. eta kahi ali calali yanhi bala
gahi hari-ballabha guna-mani-mala
1. O Madhava, how will she meet You? It is not easy for a respectable girl to meet with a boy.
2. O gopi friend, I give My body, heart, and life to her. Please go to her and tell her this.
3. O very restless rake Giridhari, this beautiful girl belongs to another. She is another man's wife.
4. She is very virtuous, modest, and shy. What can I say to her to bring her to this forest grove?
5. If My flower-arrow is powerful against her, then the tree of your pious good fortune will burst into flowers.
6. Today I will become glorious. I will arrange that Your desire is fulfilled.
7. This I say: I will bring this girl to her lover. Hari-vallabha sings this song glorifying a person adorned with a necklace of the jewels of all virtues.
Song 5 (Suha-i Deshaga-raga)
1. aju hama pekhalum kalindi-kule
tuya binu madhaba bilutha-i dhule
2. kata shata rama.ni manahim nahi ane
kiye bikha-doha-samaye jala dane
3. madana-bhujangame damshala kana
binahim amiya-rasa ki karaba ana
4. kulabati-dharama kaca samatu;a
madana dalala bhela anukula
5. anala beci nilamani-hara
so tuma pahiri karibi abhisara
6. nila nicole jhampaha nija deha
janu ghana bhitare damini-reha
7. caudike caturi sakhi calu sange
aju nikunje karaha rasa-range
8. ballabha ujjvala nikasha samana
nija tanu-parikha hema dashabana
1. Today I gaze at the Yamuna's bank. In Your absence, O Madhava, I now roll in the dust.
2. Did You not conquer hundreds of beautiful girls' hearts? How can I extinguish a great forest fire by merely sprinkling a few drops of water?
3. Because of You, O Krishna, I am now bitten by Kamadeva's snake. Bereft of any nectar-antidote, what can i do now?
4. The chastity of pious girls is a virtue worthless like a piece of glass. Acting for my sake, the merchant Kamadeva will trade that piece of glass for something truly valuable.
5. I will trade that piece of glass for a necklace of sapphires. When I go to meet You, I will wear that necklace.
6. With a great black cloak I will cover my body. My body will be like a flash of lightning covered by a great black cloud.
7. In the four directions will be my wise gopi friends. Today please enjoy nectar pastimes with me in the forest.
8. O beloved Krishna, You are a gold-testing stone to test amorous pastimes. By touching You I wish to test the purity of my gold body.
Song 6 (Kanada-raga)
1. ya-obi basane anga saba go-i
dure rahabi janu bata na ho-i
2. sajani pahilahim rahabi laja-i
kutila nayane dibi madana jaga-i
3. jhampabi kuca darasha-obi kandha
dridha kari bandhabi nibihaka bandha
4. mana karabi kachu rakhabi bhaba
rakhabi rasa janu puna puna aba
5. bhana-i bidyapati prathamaka bhaba
yo gunabanta so-i phala paba
1. Cover your body with glorious garments and go there. Wait far away. Don't say a word.
2. O my friend, at first you should carefully preserve your shyness. Even though it will be daytime, Kamadeva will awaken in your crooked glances.
3. Cover your breasts, but your shoulders should be in clear sight. Tightly You should tie the sash at your waist.
4. You should be proud. Conceal your true feelings. Again and again You should hide the sweet love you feel.
5. Vidyapati says: This is the first time she has felt this kind of love. This saintly girl will attain the fruit of her yearnings.
Song 7 (Bala-raga)
1. parihara e sakhi tohe paranama
hama nahi ya-oba so piya-thama
2. aneka yatana kari kara-oli besha
bandhite na janiye apana kesha
3. ingite na janiye kaichana mana
bacanaka caturi hama nahi jana
4. kabahum na janiye surataka bata
kaiche milaba hama madhaba satha
5. so bara-nagara rasika sujana
hama naba nagari alapa geyana
6. banaye bidyapati ki bolaba toya
ajuka milana samucita hoya
1. O my friend, I bow down befire you. I will not approach my beloved.
2. Again and again I struggle to dress attractively. I do not know how to tie my hair gracefully.
3. I do not know anything abour reading subtle hints and signs. How will be properly proud and reserved?
4. Never did I know the art of flirting by speaking graceful words. How will I meet Madhava and stay in His company?
5. He is a great hero expert at tasting the nectar of amorous pastimes, and i am only a young girl with only the slightest knowledge of all those pastimes.
6. Vidyapati says: What can I say to you? Today you will meet with Madhava. All will be well.
Song 8 (Bala-raga)
1. shuna shuna sundari hita upadesha
hama shikha-oba bacana bishesha
2. pahilahim baithabi shayanako sima
adha neharabi bankima gima
3. yab piya parasha-i thelabi pani
mauna karabi kachu na karabi bani
4. yab piya dhari bale le-oba pasha
nahi nahi bolabi gada gada bhasha
5. piya-parirambhane modabi anga
rabhasa samaye puna de-obi bhanga
6. bhana-i bidyapati ki bolaba hama
apahim guru ho-i shikhayaba kama
1. Listen. Listen, O beautiful one. I will teach you what is right.
2. First you should sit down on the edge of the bed. Then, with crooked eyes you should half glance at Him.
3. When your lover tries to touch you, you should push Him away with your hand. You should remain silent. Don't say a word.
4. When, holding you by force, He ties you in the ropes of His embrace, you should protest. In a choked voice you should say: "No! No!"
5. Then you should turn your body away from your lover's embrace. Ferociously you should stop Him again and again.
6. Vidyapati says: What can I say? Kamadeva is already your guru. He will teach you.
Song 9 (Shri-raga)
1. tuya gune kulabati- barata-samapani
guru-jana-dithi- kanthaka kari a-oli
manahim manoratha bhori
2. (Refrain) shuna madhaba tohe sompanu braja-bala
marakata-madana ko-i janu puja-i
3. tuhum ati capala- carita janu shatpada
mridula-shirisha- kusuma janu todabi
lahu lahu karabi sancari
4. taruni-samaje shuni janu durajana
hasi na de-i karatali
dutiko minati etahum tuya pada-tale
gobinda dasa balihari
1. Now that their vow of chastity has come to an end, the gopis have left behind all fear and respect for their elders. Passing beyond the bramble-bushes of their elders' glances, they have come here. They are overcome with desire.
2. (Refrain) Please hear, O Madhava. The girls of Vraja worship You. They have become like a new golden necklace adorning You, the sapphire Deity of Lord Kamadeva.
3. Please bcome like a restless black bee playing in the lotus-flower forest that is the gopis. Sweetly, sweetly please play with the soft shirisha flowers that are the gopis.
4. Persons who, hearing of Your pastimes with the girls of Vraja, do not smile and clap their hands and cheer are only demons. This gopi messenger places this request at Your feet. Hearing these words, Govinda dasa has become stunned and silent.
Song 10 (Bala-raga)
1. sakhi parabodhi sheja-tale ani
piya-hiya harakhi dhayala nija pani
2. chun-ite bala malina bha-i geli
bidhu-kore kumudini kamalini bheli
3. nahi nahi karaye nayane bahe lora
shuti rahala ra-i shayanaka ora
4. alingaye nibi-bandhana bini koli
kare kuca parashe seho bhela thori
5. ancara le-i badana ura jhampe
thira nahi hoyata tharahari kampe
6. bhanaye bidyapati dharaya sara
dine dine madana karaye adhikara
1. Awakening, She sat on the edge of the bed. Her hand She rested on Her beloved's chest.
2. To touch Him She wilted with shyness. She became like a lotus forest that the moon of Lord Krishnacandra placed on His lap.
3. "No. No.", She said. Tears slid from Her eyes. Radha sat on the edge of the bed.
4. Lord Krishna embraced Her. He untied her sash. He touched Her breast.
5. She covered Her face with Her garment. Then She covered her breast. She was not peaceful. She trembled.
6. Peaceful Vidyapati says: Day after day She became more and more learned in the arts of Kamadeva's pastimes.