|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Vishvanatha Chakravarti Thakura > Ksanada-gita-cintamani > Caturtha Ksanada, Krsna Caturthi|
Caturtha Kshanada, Krishna Caturthi
Fourth Night, Fourth Night of the Dark Fortnight
Song 1 Shri Gaurachandrasya (of Lord Gaurachandra) (Kedara-raga)
1. bishvambhara-murti yena madana-samana
dibya gandha-malya dibya basa paridhana
2. ki chara kanaka-jyoti se dehera age
se badana dekhite candera sadha lage
3. se danta dekhite kotha mukutara dama
se kesha-bandhana dekhi na rahe geyana
4. dekhite ayata du-i aruna nayana
ara ki kamala ache hena haya jnana
5. se ajanu bhuja dui hridaya su-pina
tanhi shobhe shubhra yajna-sutra ati kshina
6. lalate bicitra urdhva tilaka sundara
abarana bine sarba anga manohara
7. kiba haya koti mani se nakha cahite
se hasa dekhite kiba karaye amrite
8. shri krishna-chaitanya nityanandacanda jana
vrindavana dasa tachu pada-yuge gana
1. Vishvambhara's form is splendid like Kamadeva's. His fragrant flower-garland is splendid. His garments are splendid.
2. Compared to the splendor of His form, the splendor of gold is worthless like a pile of ashes. Even the moon is ashamed to gaze on His face.
3. How can the garland of flower buds have tha audacity to gaze on His glorious teeth? Seeing His glorious hair, they cannot remain conscious.
4. Gazing at His reddish eyes, how can the lotus flowers remain conscious?
5. His two arms reach to His knees. His chest is broad. His very slender sacred-thread is glorious.
6. On His forehead is wonderful graceful Vaishnava tilakas. Even without ornaments His handsome limbs charm every heart.
7. Millions of jewels gaze at His fingernails and toenails. Nectar personified gazes at His smile.
8. Vrindavana dasa thus sings the glories of Shri Krishna Chaitanya and Shri Nityanandacandra.
Song 2 Shri Nityanandacandrasya (of Lord Nityanandacandra) (the same raga)
1. nita-i mora jibana-dhana nita-i mora jati
nita-i bihane mora ara nahi gati
2. samsara-mukhera sukhe diya mene cha-i
nagare magiya khaba ga-iba nita-i
3. ye deshe nita-i na-i se deshe na yaba
nita-i bimukha janara mukha na heriba
4. ganga yara pada-jala hara shire dhare
hena nita-i na bhajiya dukha pana more
5. locana bale amara nita-i yeba nahi mane
anala jvaliya diya tara majha mukha khane
1. Lord Nitai is the treasure of my life. Nitai is my family. In my life I have no goal but Nitai.
2. To my heart the best of material pleasures is worthless like a pile of ashes. I will beg alms in the town. That is how I will eat. I will sing the name of Lord Nitai.
3. I will not go to any country where Lord Nitai does not stay. I will not look at the face of a person averse to Lord Nitai.
4. A person may so saintly the water that has washed his feet becomes like the holy Ganga Lord Shiva places on his own head. But if he does not worship Lord Nitai, that person only suffers and perishes at the end.
5. Locana dasa says: No one is like my Nitai. This I know. Even if I burn in flames I pray that Lord Nitai's holy name shall remain always in my mouth.
Song 3 (Beloyara-raga)
1. varani na haya rupa varana cikaniya
kiye ghana-punja kiye kubalaya-dala
kiye kajara kiye indranila-maniya
2. bikaca-saroja- bhana mukha-mandala
kiye madhura mridu hasa ugara-i
pibianande ankhi padalahim bhora
3. angada balaya hara mani-kundala
kanaka nupura kati-kinkini-balana
abharana-barana kirana kiye dhara dhara
kalidi-jale yaiche candaki calana
4. su-kuncita kesha besha kusumabali
rajita matta-shikhi-pucchako chande
ananta dasera mana yubatiko locana
cuda nirakhite padalahim phande
1. How glorious is His complexion! Is it in truth a host of mosnoon clouds? Is it blue lotus petala? Is it black kajjala? Is it a host sapphires?
2. The circle of His face is a blooming lotus. His graceful eyes are dancing khanjana birds. His gentle smile is sweet. With joyful eyes sipping the nectar of His visage, I have am now enchanted by Him.
3. He wears armlets, bracelets, necklaces, jewel earrings, gold anklets, and a jingling belt. His ornaments glisten. He looks like the moon reflected in the Yamuna's waters.
4. His hair curls gracefully. He is decorated with a host flowers. His glorious crown is the feather of a wild peacock. The teenage girl that is Ananta dasa's heart has fallen into the trap of gazing at Him.
Song 4 Shri Radhaha (Shri Radha Speaks) (Shri-raga)
1. anukhana kone thaki basane apana dhaki
duyara bahire parabasa
apana baliya bole hena nahi kshiti-tale
hena charera hena abhilasha
2. sajani tuya paye ki baliba ara
se hena dulaha jane anurata yara mane
kebala marana pratikara
3. yata yata mane kari nishcaya karite nari
rati dibasa nahi yaya
grihe yata guru-jana saba mora bairigana
ki kariba nahika upaya
1. The door is always locked. I am shut up in the house. I cannot step outside the door. I tell you, I cannot step on the ground outside. My desire has now become like a pile of ashes.
2. O gopi friend, what more can I tell you? My heart has fallen in love with a boy I can never attain. For Me death is the only solution.
3. I have thought and thought. I cannot think of a solution. Day and night I cannot go to Him. The elders who live in this house are all My enemies. What can I do? There is not solution.
Song 5 (Shri-raga)
1. kiba rupe kiba gune mora mana bandhe
mukhete na phure bani duti ankhi kande
2. manera marama-katha shuna go sajani
shyama-bandhu pade mane dibasa rajani
3. kon bihi sirajila kulabati bala
keba nahi kare prema kara eta jvala
4. citera aguni kata cite nibariba
na yaya kathina prana kare ki baliba
5. ghara haite bahira bahira haite ghara
dekhibare kari sadha nahi svtantara
6. jnana dasa bale sakhi se-i se kariba
kanura piriti lagi sagare mariba
1. My heart is bound by the ropes of His virtues and His handsome form. No words come to my mouth. Tears stream from my two eyes.
2. O gopi-friend, please hear the story of my heart. Day and night my dark lover stays in my thoughts.
3. What should a saintly girl do? There is nothing I can do. I am surrounded by flames of passionate love.
4. How can I extinguish the flames that burn in my heart? My strong life-breath will not depart. What can I say?
5. I can leave the house and go outside. From outside i can enter the house. But I am not free. I cannot go to see Him.
6. Jnana dasa says: One thing this gopi can do. Drowning in an ocean of love for Krishna, she will die.
Song 6 (Shri-raga)
1. madhura madhura tuya rupa
2. rupa cahi guna nahe una
so tanu tejabi kahe mahi kari shuna
3. ithe nahi haya ana chanda
hama bali yana tuya mukha-canda
4. yatana karaba hama so-i
hari yaiche tuya nayana-patha ho-i
5. tabahim saphala tanu mora
yab tuhum baithabi kanuka kora
6. hamo paithaba kalindi-bari
tabahim manoratha puraba tohari
7. gobinda dasa paramana
tuya bine kanu ki dharaye parana
1. Your sweet sweet form is like nectar personified for the eyes of the world's people.
2. I gaze on Your glorious form. I do not neglect Your glorious virtues. If I cannot see Your form, then the whole world becomes like a barren desert for me.
3. I gaze on the moon of Your face. For me there is no other moon.
4. O Krishna, I struggle to come before the path of Your eyes.
5. O Krishna, if You will sit in my lap, then my body will have borne its proper fruit.
6. I will enter the Yamuna's waters. There I will fulfill Your desires.
7. Govinda dasa declares: O Krishna, how can I live without You?
Song 7 (Bala-raga)
1. a-ori sahacari caturi-sindhu
tanha a-oli yanha gokula-indu
2. pucha-ite bata badane dharu cira
milita nayane nijhare jharu nira
3. puna pucha-ite bale gada gada bola
madhaba bandhala hiye utarola
4. ki puchasi gokula-jibana naha
5. so sukumariko prana-patanga
ahuti de-ota nripati-ananga
6. kahe hari-ballabha shuna shuna kana
saba sakhi-gana mili tejaba parana
1. A gopi who is an ocean of wisdom comes. Then Krishna, the moon of Gokula, also comes.
2. Krishna asks some questions. The gopi covers her face with her garment. Streams of tears flow from her eyes.
3. Again Krishna asks. The gopi stutters some broken words. Krishna holds her there. Her heart is agitated.
4. O master, O life of Gokula, why do You ask in this way? I stand in the midst of a yajna-fire of passionate love.
5. King Kamadeva chanted the mantras to call me into that fire. That is why my fragile life-breath fell into those flames.
6. Hari-vallabha says: Please hear. Please hear, O Krishna. The assembled gopi are now about to give up their lives.
Song 8 Kacid Anya Tat-sanginy Aha (Another Gopi-Friend Speaks) (Dhanashi-raga)
anushocati tam akhila-kutumbam
2. (Refrain) deva hare bhava karunya-shali
sa tava nishita-kataksha-sharahata-
hridaya jivatu krisha-tanur ali
3. hridi balad-avirala-sanjvara-patali-
avasid ati samprati nirupaya
dikshita bhavato madhava bala
katham arhati tam hanta sanatana
1. She suddenly became very ill. Many meedicines were given. Many medicinal mantras were chanted, Their eyes red from weeping, the whole family grieves for her sake.
2. (Refrain) O Lord Krishna, please be merciful. Let it be that this slender girl, whose heart was so grievously wounded by the sharp arrow of Your sidelong glance, lives.
3. A pearl-necklace of glistening perspiration adorns her feverish breast. She lies motionless on the cold ground. There is no cure.
4. O Krishna, O boy initiated to perform a great yajna to bring fearlessness to the cowherd people of Vraja, O eternal Lord, why does the virtuous girl suffer such a calamity?
Song 9 (Bhupali-raga)
1. sanketa-keli-niketana jani
nila-ratana janu pa-ola pani
2. a-oli sahacari harisha-tarange
yanhi dhani baitha-i sahacari sange
3. yatana saphala bhela janala bala
sharade bikasi janu malati-mala
4. kahe hari-ballabha bhangala dhandha
tuhum candani hari purana canda
1. Splendid like sapphires, He arrives at the pastime meeting-place.
2. A beautiful gopi also arrives. Splashed by waves of bliss, she sits beside Him.
3. Now all her efforts have borne their fruit. She is like a host of jasmine flowers blooming in the autumn.
4. Hari-vallabha says: Let all illusions be dispelled. O girl, Krishna is like the full moon, and you are like flowers in the moonlight.
Song 10 (Kamoda-raga)
1. aju sajali dhani abhisara
cakita cakita kata beri biloka-i
2. ati bhaya laje saghana tanu kampa-i
jhampa-i nila nicola
kata kata manahim manoratha upajata
3. manthara-gamani pantha-darasha-oli
chatura sakhi calu satha
parimale harita harita kari basita
4. taruna tamala sanga sukha karana
jangama kancana beli
keli bipina nipuna rasa anusari
ballabha locana meli
1. The beautiful girl prepares to meet with her lover. Carefully, carefully she looks outside, at the doorway of the house her elders possess.
2. Her body trembles with apprehension. She covers it with a great black cloak. How many desires rise within her heart? She is splashed by the waves of Kamadeva's ocean.
3. Slowly she walks. A wise gopi-friend at her side, she enters the pathway. Her head bowed, the beautiful girl enters the fragrant green forest.
4. A young tamala tree fills her with joy. She is like a walking golden flower. In that pastime-forest the wise young girl eager to taste nectar finds that her eyes meet the eyes of her beloved.
Song 11 (Mallara-raga)
1. o dhani pradumini sahaja-i choti
kare dhara-ite kata karuna koti
2. bali vilasini akula kana
madana-kautuki kiye hatha nahi mana
3. nayana nijhare jharu nahi nahi bola
hari-dare harini hari-hiye dola
4. nayanako ancala cancala bhana
jagala manasija mudita nayana
5. bidyapati kaha aichana ranga
radha-madhaba pahilahim sanga
1. A beautiful gopi holds in Her hand a lotus from the lotus forest. How many millions of kindnesses does She possess?
2. She is filled with playfulness. Krishna is filled with the desires of Kamadeva. There is no harshness in His heart.
3. Tears slide from Her eyes. "No! No!" She protests. The girl graceful like a doe is afraid of Krishna. Krishna's chest trembles.
4. She looks at Him from the glistening corners of her restless eyes. Because Kamadeva has awakened within them, Her eyes are now filled with bliss.
5. Vidyapati says: Radha and Krishna now enjoy many pastimes together.
Song 12 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. ki kahaba re sakhi kahana na jana
pahila samagama radha-kana
2. yab dohun-kare kara sompalum api
sadhase sadhase duhum tanu kampi
3. yab dohun nayane nayane bhela bheta
sa-cakita nayane bayana karu heta
4. yab dohun pa-ola madana-shayana
na janiye kiye karala panca-bana
5. gobinda dasa kahe tuhum se seyani
hari-kare sompali harini-nayani
1. O gopi-friend, what shall I say? I do not know how to describe the first meeting of Radha and Krishna.
2. Their hands touched. They were overcome. Their bodies trembled.
3. Their eyes met. They shyly lowered Their eyes and faces.
4. They sat on Kamadeva's bed. How did Kamadeva wound Them with his five arrows? I do not know.
5. Govinda dasa says: You are an intelligent, grown-up girl. You have felt the touch of Krishna's hand.
Song 13 (Bhupali-raga)
1. rati-rase cancala nagara-raja
bali bilasini ati bhaya laja
2. na janiye aju kona gati hoya
etahum bicari nicole rahu goya
3. kata kata kakuti karatahim kana
utara na de-i shunata de-i kana
4. lahu lahu kuca para yab daru hata
manamatha tabahim karala sharaghata
5. bhuja-bale bigata-basana karu anga
uthalala kata shata chabike taranga
6. heri heri hari yab pa-ola dhandha
taikhane madana bandhala rati-phanda
7. kuncita bhuja karu kancuka thaama
dvara mudala kiye manamatha-gama
8. tab kiye madanadeba bara dela
rati-rane dhaniko sahasa kachu bhela
9. kahe hari-ballabha pahilahim ranga
lahu lahu surata shikhila bhela anga
1. The king of playful lovers has become restless, eager to taste the nectar of amorous pastimes. The playful beautiful girl has become very timid and shy.
2. What will happen now? I do not know. Thinking what might happen, the gopi remained carefully covered by her cloak.
3. How many sweet words does Krishna speak? Krishna waits for a reply. The gopi does not speak.
4. Gently gently He places His hand on her breast. Suddenly she is wounded by Kamadeva's arrow.
5. By the force of His arms He removes the garments from her body. How many hundreds of Kamadeva's waves splash her now?
6. Look! Look! Krishna has bewildered her now. Now Kamadeva has caught her in his trap of pleasures.
7. Bending His arm, He touches her bodice. How can the chest of Kamadeva's treasures remain sealed now?
8. What gifts did Kamadeva give? In Kamadeva's pastime battle Krishna attacked that beautiful gopi.
9. Hari-vallabha says: They enjoyed great bliss. Tasting those sweet, sweet pleasures, that gopi found her limbs become languid and weak.