|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Uddshava dasa|
Song 1 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. chaitanya kalpa-taru advaita ye shakha-guru
kirtana kusuma parakasha
bhakata bhramara-ga/na madhu-lobhe anuksha/na
hari hari bali phire cari-pasha
2. gadadhara maha-patra shitala abhaya chatra
goloka adhika sukha taya
tina yuga jiba yata prema binu tapita
tara tale basiya judaya
3. nityananda nama phala prema-rase dhala dhala
kha-ite adhika lage mitha
shri-shukadebera mane marama phalera jane
uddhaba dasa tara kita
1. In the kalpa-taru tree of Lord Chaitanya, Lord Advaita is the great branches. The chanting of the holy name is the blossoming flowers. The bumblebees are the devotees, bees that, always eager to taste the flowers' nectar, chant "Hari!" and fly about on the tree's four sides.
2. Gadadhara is that tree's great leaves. That tree is like a parasol that gives the cooling shade of fearlessness. The happiness in that shade is more glorious than the happiness in the world of Goloka. Deprived of ecstatic spiritual love, the souls in the three yugas suffer in the heat of the day. But when they sit under this tree, they find cooling bliss.
3. The fruit of this tree bears the name Nityananda. That fruit is delicious with the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. That fruit is very sweet to eat. In heis heart Shri Shukadeva knows how sweet that fruit is. Uddhava dasa is a fly that somehow has landed on one of those fruits.