|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Sivananda|
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. purbe ye-i gopinatha shrimati radhika satha
se sukha bhabiya ebe dina
ye kare murali baya da/nda kama/ndalu taya
kati-tate e dora kaupina
2. adhare murali puri braja-badhura mana curi
kari sukha badaye tahara
nayana-kataksha-ba/ne marame pashiya hane
se mara/ne bahe ashru-dhara
3. yamunara bane bane go-dhana rakhala sane
nata-besha bijayi bakhane
nahi jani se-i ebe ki jani kahara bhabe
bilasaye sa/nkirtana sthane
4. bhabite se saba sukha dvi-gu/na badaye dukha
biraha anale jari jari
e shibanandera hiya gadila pasha/na diya
nada-rabe se sukha sobhari
1. He who was formerly Radha's companion and the gopis' master, has now become a joyful poor mendicant. He who formerly played a flute in His hand now holds a da/nda and kama/ndalu. At His waist a kaupina is tied.
2. He who formerly filled the flute at His lips, stole the gopis' hearts, enjoyed many blissful pastimes, and fired many arrows of sidelong glances at the gopis' hearts, now sheds flooding rivers of tears from His eyes.
3. He who fromerly, dressed like a dancing-actor, walked from forest to forest by the Yamuna as He herded the cows, is now overcome with ecstasy. Enjoying pastimes of sa/nkirtana, He knows nothing but ecstasy.
4. In the ecstasy of meeting He is filled with bliss. In the agony of separation His sufferings are doubled. Then He burns in flames of suffering. His chanting of the holy names fills with bliss even Shivananda's heart, a heart built of stone.
Song 2 (Mangala-raga)
1. akhila bhubana bhari hari rasa-badara
bhakata cataka yata pibi pibi abirata
anukha/na prema-jala mage
2. phalguna pur/nima tithi meghera janama tathi
se-i meghe karala badara
uca-nica yata chila prema-jale bhasa-ola
gora bada dayara sagara
3. jibere kariya yantra hari-nama maha-mantra
hate hate premera a/njali
adhama duhkhita yata tara haile bhagabata
4. jaga-i madha-i chila tara preme uddharila
hena jibe bila-ola daya
dasa shibananda bale kena ra-inu maya-bhole
prabhu more deha pada-cchaya
1. The raincloud of Lord Chaitanya now floods the worlds with a nectar monsoon of Lord Krishna's holy names. Without stop drinking and drinking the nectar of this monsoon, the cataka birds that are the devotees pray moment after moment to attain the nectar waters of ecstatic spiritual love.
2. On the full-moon day of the month off Phalguna the Lord Chaitanya monsoon cloud took birth. At once that cloud began a great monsoon. Every living being, high and low, was plunged into that monsoon's flooding waters of ecstatic spiritual love. In this way Lord Gaura flooded the world with a great ocean of mercy.
3. Affectionately folding His hands, to the fallen souls He gave the maha-mantra of Lord Krishna's names. In this way Lord Gaura/nga transformed the suffering fallen people into exalted devotees.
4. With great love He delivered Jagai and Madhai. He gave mercy to all the fallen souls like them. Shivananda dasa says: Why should I stay in maya's illusions? O Lord, please give me the shade of Your feet.