|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Sankarsana dasa|
Song 1 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. shri krishna chaitanya jaya patita-pabana
prakashila kali-kale nama-sankirtana
2. jaya nityananda jaya adhama-tarana
daya bitarile dekhi dina-hina jana
3. jaya advaitacandra bhaktera jibana
anilena gauracandra kari akarshana
4. jaya jaya bhakta-brinda parishada-gana
adhame tarile ebe tara sankarshana
1. Glory to Shri Krishna Chaitanya, the purifier of the fallen! In the age of Kali He revealed the nama-sankirtana movement of chanting Lord Krishna's holy names.
2. Glory to Lord Nityananda, the savior of the fallen. Seeing the poor fallen people, He was merciful to them.
3. Glory to Lord Advaitacandra, the life of the devotees! He brought Lord Chaitanya to this world.
4. Glory, glory to the devotees, the personal associates of the Lord. They delivered the fallen souls. Now I pray they will deliver Sankarshana dasa.
Song 2 (Bibhasa-raga or Lopha-raga)
1. gauranga dayara nidhi guna aganana
tulana dibara nahi anya sthana
2. kalpa-taru abhilasha karaye purana
ye jana tahara sthane karaye yacana
3. sindhu bindu deya tatha karila gamana
indu kari eka paksha kirana barshana
4. patrapatra nahi mane gauranga ratana
samaya bicara ten3ha na kare kathana
5. yacina amulya dhana kare bitarana
ekala bancita kebala dasa sankarshana
1. Lord Gauranga is a treasure-house of mercy. His virtues are beyond counting. Nothing is like Him.
2. A kalpa-taru tree fulfills desires only after one approaches it with a request.
3. The ocean may splash a single drop and then retreat. The moon showers bright moonlight only at some times of the month.
4. Lord Gauranga does not consider who is worthy and who is not worthy to receive the jewels He gives away. He does not consider what is an appropriate time and what is not.
5. Begging everyone please to accept it, He always gives away a precious treasure. He has given it to everyone. Only to Sankarshana dasa was it not given. Only he was cheated.
Song 3 (Bibhasa-raga or Te-ota-raga))
1. phalguna-purnima shashi rahu candrere parashi
dekhi sabe bole haribola
bajaya keha mridanga keha jhanjari mocanga
shankha ghanta shabde lage gola
2. dekhi dina shubha-kshane prabhu shacira bhabane
janama la-ila su-mangala
deba-gana sangopane asi kare darashane
dritha nahe shuni kolahala
3. nadiyara nara-nari shuni sukha paya bhari
dekhibare yaya twara kari
kiba balakera thama mano-lobha abhirama
mane haya rakhi ankhi bhari
4. dekhiya ananda kanda bhakta-ganera ananda
mane jane ha-ibe nistara
gauranga nahila rati sankarshana manda-mati
daya kara shacira kumara
1. During the Phalguna-purnima seeing Rahu touch the moon, everyone called out, “Haribol!˘ Soem played mridangas. Others played flutes or gongs. There was a great tumult of bells and conchshells.
2. Watching for the auspicious dya and moment, the Supreme Personality of Godhead took birth in Shaci's house. Disguising their true identities, the demigods came to see. Not yet seeing, they had heard the tumult.
3. Hearing the tumult, the joyful men and woemn of Nadiya hurried to see. Standing before the child, their hearts were filled with longings. Bliss entered their thoughts. Their eyes were filled with the sight of the infant boy.
4. Seeing the boy, the devotees were filled with bliss. In their hearts they knew that now they would be delivered. Only wicked-hearted Sankarshana dasa has no love for Lord Gauranga. O son of Shaci, please be merciful to him anyway.