|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Premananda dasa|
Song 1 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. prema bali nama ati adbhuta
shruta haite kara kane
shri-krishna-namera swa-guna mahima
keba jana-ite ara
brinda bipinera maha madhurima
prabesha ha-ite kara
keba jana-ite radhara madhurya
rasa yasha camatkara
bhaba anubhaba sattwika bikara
gocara chila ba kara
braje ye bilasa rasa maha-rasa
prema parakiya tattwa
gopira mahima byabhicari sima
kara abagati chila eta
2. dhanya kali dhanya nita-i chaitanya
parama karuna kari
bidhi-agocara ye prema-bikara
prakashe jagata bhari
3. uttama adhama kichu na bachila
yaciya dileka kola
kahe premananda emana gauranga
antare dhariya dola
1. Without Shaci's son, whose ears would have heard the great wonder of the holy names chanted with ecstatic love? Who would have known the glories of Lord Krishna's holy names? Who would have entered into the great sweetness present in Vrindavana? Who would have understood the wonder of Shri Radha's fame, nectar, and sweetness? Who would have understood the bhava, anubhava, and sattvika-bhava ecstasies? Who would have understood the pastimes in Vraja, the rasa and maha-rasa pastimes, the nature of prema, parakiya-rasa, the glories of the gopis, and the highest limit of the vyabhicari-bhavas?
2. The Kali-yuga is fortunate and glorious, for Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda mercifully revealed in the Kali-yuga the great ecstasy of pure spiritual love, an ecstasy of love even the demigod Brahma finds beyond His reach.
3. Without considering who was exalted and who degraded, Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda begged everyone to accept this gift of ecstatic spiritual love. They embraced everyone. Premananda says: In your hearts please embrace Lord Gauranga.
Song 2 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. (Refrain) emana gauranga bina nahi ara
hena abatara habe ki hayeche hena prema pracara
2. duramati ati patita pashandi
prane na marila kare
hari-nama diya hridaya shudhila
yaciNa ye ghare ghare
3. bhaba birinci ye durlabha prema
jagata phelila dali
kangale pa-iya kha-iya naciya
4. hasiya kandiya preme gadagadi
pulake byapila anga
candale brahmane kare kolakuli
kabe na chila e ranga
5. dakiya hakiya khola karatale
ga-iya dha-iya phire
dekhiya shamana tarasa pa-iya
kapata hanila dware
6. e tina bhubana anande bharila
uthila mangala sora
kahe premananda emana gauranga
rati na janmila mora
1. (Refrain) No one is like Lord Gauranga! Will there ever be an avatara like Him, an avatara that preached ecstatic spiritual love as He did?
2. He did not kill the fallen wicked-hearted blasphemers. Instead he went from house to house visiting them. He begged them to chant Lord Krishna's holy names. He gave them the holy names and purified their hearts.
3. To the world He freely gave the rare gift of ecstatic spiritual love, a gift even Brahma and Shiva attain only with difficulty. Attaining that gift, the poor people of this world dance and clap their hands.
4. They laugh and weep. Overcome with ecstatic spiritual love, they roll on the ground. The hairs of the bodies stand erect. The brahmanas and candalas hugged. There was great bliss.
5. Loudly they called out the holy names. They played the khola and karatalas. They sang, ran, and danced in a circle. Seeing all this, peaceful composure became afraid, fled, and knocked on people's doors.
6. An auspicious tumult arose. The three worlds were filled with bliss. Premananda says: Alas! Love for Lord Gauranga did not take birth in me.