|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Prema dasa|
Song 1 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. bhagyaban shaci jagannatha
putra-rupe pa-ila jagannatha
2. phalgune grasila rahu-canda
shaci-kole shobhe naba-canda
3. labhi mishra yogaradhya-dhana
dina-jane dila kata dhana
4. janma-griha dipta bina dipe
mahananda aji nabadwipe
5. ekatra milita sura-nara
nace gaya gandharba kinnara
6. a-ila prabhu ha-ite bhu-bhara
atulana ananda sabhara
7. gora-prema ha-iya udasa
se anande bhase prema-dasa
1. Fortunate Jagannatha Mishra and Shaci-dev.i attained Lord Jagannatha Himself as their son.
2. As Rahu swallowed the moon in the month of Phalguna, an infant moon shone with great splendor in Shaci's arms.
3. How much wealth, wealth of yoga and worship, did Jagannatha Mishra then give in charity to the poor?
4. Although there were no lamps, the maternity-room was filled with light. At that moment Navadvipa was filled with great bliss.
5. Demigods and humans assembled at that place. The Gandharvas an Kinnaras sang and danced.
6. The Supreme Personality of Godhead had personally come to remove the earth's burden. Now everyone was filled with peerless bliss.
7. Turning away from worldly things, everyone is now filled with love for Lord Gaura. Prema dasa now floats in bliss.
Song 2 (Suha-i-raga)
1. phalguna-purnima nishi shaci-ankakase asi
gauracandra ha-ila udaya
se shashira sahacara bhakta-taraka-nikara
cari-dike prakashita haya
2. papa ghora andhakara sarbatra chila bistara
bidhudaye prasthana karila
jibera bhagya kumuda hari shashi mano-mada
premanande hasite lagila
3. papa ama-nishi bhora harishe bhakta-cakora
tulila ananda kolahala
prema-kaumudira sudha piye dura kaila kshudha
saba-i ha-ila su-shitala
4. se prema-sudhara kana paNa tripta sarba-jana
jiba-kula bhela anandita
apana karama doshe na pa-iya naba leshe
prema-dasa dhulaya lunthita
1. On the full-moon night of Phalguna month, the moon of Lord Gaura arose in the sky of Shaci's lap. Around that moon in the four directions the stars of the devotees shone.
2. When that moon rose the horrible all-pervading darkness of sin was chased far away. Seeing that moon, the lotus flowers of the people's good fortune smiled with ecstatic love. Their hearts became wild with bliss.
3. The cakora birds of the devotees, long distraught over the moonless night of sins, now let out a blissful clamor. Drinking the nectar moonlight, those birds felt their hunger flee far away. Everyone became filled with cooling bliss.
4. Drinking that nectar moonlight of spiritual love, the living entities became filled with bliss. Because of his past misdeeds, Prema dasa did not drink even a single ray of that nectar moonlight. That is why he now rolls about in the dust.