|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Madhava Ghosa|
Song 1 (Mayura-raga)
1. (Refrain) nace pahum abadhuta gora
mukha tachu abikala purna bidhu mandala
nirabadhi mantra rase bhora
2. aruna kamala pakhi jini ranga duti ankhi
bhramara-yugala duti tara
sonara bhudhare yaiche suranadi bahe taiche
buka bahi pade prema-dhara
3. kesharira kati jini tahate kaupina-khani
aruna basana bahir-basa
galaya donara mala bhushana kariya ala
nasa tila-prasuna bikasha
4. kanaka mrinala yuga su-balita duti bhuja
kara yuga kunjara bilasa
rata utpala phula padma nahe sama-tula
parashane mahira ullasa
5. a-pada mastaka gaya pulake purita taya
yaiche nila phula ati shobha
prabhate kadali janu sa-ghane kampita tanu
madhaba ghoshera mano-lobha
1. (Refrain) The avadhuta Lord Gaura dances. Without stop the perfect full moon of His face tastes the nectar of the maha-mantra.
2. His reddish yees defeat the red lotus petals. The pupils of His eyes are like black bees. Tears of ecstatic spiritual love flow down His chest like a celestial Ganga flowing down a golden mountain.
3. His waist defeats the lion's waist. He wears a kaupina and saffron outer garments. On His neck rests a damanaka-flower garland. His ornaments glisten. His nose is like a sesame blossom.
4. His two graceful arms are two golden lotus-stems. His hands play like two elephant-trunks. The red lotus-flowers are not their equal. Lord Gaura's touch fills the earth with bliss.
5. From head to foot, the hairs stand erect on His body, hairs glorious like blossoming blue flowers. His trembling body is like a banana tree at dawn. In his heart Madhava Ghosha yearns to attain Lord Gaura's company.