|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Locana dasa|
Song 1 (Shri-raga)
1. ke yabe ke yabe bha-i bhaba-sindhu para
dhanya kali-yugera chaitanya abatara
2. amara gaurangera ghate adana khelaya
jada andha badhira abadhi para haya
3. hari-namera nauka-khani shri-guru khandari
sankirtana keroyala du bahu pasari
4. saba jiba haila para premera batase
padiya rahila locana apanara doshe
1. Who will cross? O my brothers, who will cross this ocean of birth and death?
2. My Lord Gauranga is accepting everyone at His boat-landing. Everyone, including even the fools, the blind, and the deaf have come there to make the crossing.
3. The ferry-boat is Lord Krishna's holy names. The boat-captain is the spiritual master. The oars in the outstretched hands are sankirtana.
4. The favorable breeze is ecstatic love for Lord Krishna. Now every fallen soul has crossed to the farther shore of the ocean. Only Locana dasa, by his own fault, is left behind.
Song 2 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. jibera bhagye abani bihare dona bha-i
bhubana-mohana goracanda nita-i
2. kali-yuge jiba yata chila acetana
hari-namamrita diya karila cetana
3. hena abatara bha-i kabhu shuni na-i
pataki uddhara kaila ghare ghare ya-i
4. hena abatara bha-i na-i kona yuge
kona abatare se papira papa mage
5. rudhira padila ange kha-iya prahara
yaci prema diya tare karila uddhara
6. nama-prema-sudhate bharila tri-bhubana
ekala bancita bela e dasa locana
1. To bring good fortune to the fallen souls, two persons, namely Lord Gaurachandra and Lord Nitai, two persons who charm all the worlds, now enjoy pastimes on this earth.
2. In Kali-yuga the people have fallen lifeless and unconscious. By giving them the nectar of Lord Krishna's holy name, these two Lords have brought them back to life.
3. O my brothers, what kind of avataras sare these two Lords? Never have i heard of anyone like Them. They deliver the fallen sinners. They go from house to house searching for them.
4. O my brothers, never have there been such avataras. Never in any yuga. What avatara begs the sinners for a gift of their sinful reactions?
5. Even when They were struck and blood flowed from Their bodies, these avataras, begging them please to accept the gift of ecstatic spiritual love, delivered the attackers.
6. These avataras filled the three worlds with the nectar of love for the holy names. Only Locana dasa could not taste that nectar. Only he was cheated of that nectar.
Song 3 (Bibhasa-raga or Tudi-raga)
1. hera dekhiya nayana bhariya
ki ara puchasi ane
nadiya-nagare shacira mandire
candera udaya dine
2. kiye lakhabana kashila-kancana
rupera nichani gora
shacira udara jalada nikasila
sthira bijuri para
3. kata bidhu-bara badana ujora
nishi dishi sama shobhe
4. a-janu-lambita bhuja su-balita
nabhi hema sarobara
kati kari-ari uru hema-giri
e locana manohara
1. Look! Now that you have filled your eyes, what further questions do you have? In Nadiya-nagara, in Shaci's house, in the daytime a moon shines.
2. Gold purified how many thousands of times shines as Gaura's fair body? From the monsoon-cloud of Shaci's womb has come a stationary lightning-flash.
3. How many glorious moons shine as Gaura's face? Even at night they fill all the directions with light. Yearning to gather nectar, the black bees of His eyes fly to the lotus flowers of His ears.
4. His graceful arms reach to His knees. His navel is a gold lake. His waist is a lion's waist. His thighs are golden mountains. He charms Locana dasa's heart.
Song 4 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. eka-dina mane pahum kaila acambita
purba desha yaba ami saba jana hita
2. yatra kari yara pahum sange nija jana
chataphata kare shaci mayera jibana
3. mayere kahena prabhu na bhabiha tumi
tomara nikate sada rahiba ye ami
4. lakshmire karila prabhu hasiya uttara
matara sebaya tumi ha-iba tat-para
5. shubha-yatra kare pahum sange nija jana
kautuke bhramana kare anandita mana
6. brahmana saj-jana baise padmabati tate
dibya purusha nari snana kare ghate
7. bishwambhara snana kaila se-padmabati
saba-jana papa-hare snana kaile tathi
8. purba-deshe basati karaya yata-jana
sabhare yaciya pahum dile hari-nama
9. shuci ba ashuci kiba acara bicara
na manila sabare karila bhaba para
10. nama-sankirtana prabhu nauka saja-iya
para kaila sarba-loke apani yaciya
11. ye-jana palaya tare dhare kole kari
bhaba-nadi kare para gauranga shri-hari
12. locana kahiche pahum sarba-loka-pati
karuna prakashi lokera kaila shuddha-mati
1. One day Lord Gaura suddenly thought in His heart: “For the benefit of the people there, I will go east."
2. Taking His closest companions with Him, Lord Gaura would travel east. He who is mother Shaci's very life was restless to travel.
3. To His mother Lord Gaura said: "Please don't worry. I will always be near you."
4. To Lakshmipriya smiling Lord Gaura said: "Serve My mother. Be devoted to her."
5. Accompanied by His close companions, Lord Gaura began His auspicious journey. With a happy heart He traveled.
6. Brahmanas and saintly persons stayed on the bank of the Padmavati. Effulgent spiritual men an women bathed at the ghatas there.
7. When Lord Vishvambhara bathed in the Padmavati, everyone became freed of sins by bathing there.
8. The people who lived in the east Lord Gaura begged to accept the holy name. He gave them the chanting of Lord Krishna's holy name.
9. He did not consider who was pure or impure, or who had acted well or ill. Everyone He carried to farther bank of the river of birth and death.
10. Lord Gaura built a boat of nama-sankirtana (chanting of the holy names). He personally begged everyone to enter that boat. With that boat He brought them all to the farther bank of the river of birth and death.
11. Anyone who fled from Him, He caught in His arms. Lord Gauranga, who is Lord Krishna Himself, carried those persons to the farther bank of the river of birth and death.
12. Locana dasa says: Lord Gaura is the master of all the worlds. Giving His mercy to the people, He made them all pure at heart.
Song 5 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. patibrata lakshmi-debi pati-gata prana
anande shacira seba karaya bidhana
2. debatara sajja kare griha sammarjana
dhupa dipa naibedyadi malya-candana
3. saba samskari deya debatara ghare
bahura shilpataya shaci apana pasara
4. e-i-rupe ache shaci lakshmira sahite
daiba niyojita karma na haya khandite
5. gauranga-birahe lakshmi katara antara
anurage birahe byakula kalebara
6. biraha ha-ila murtimanta sarpakara
dekhiya lakshmira mane ha-ila camatkara
7. damshileka se-i sarpa lakshmira carane
lakshmira swaraga prapti e locana bhane
1. Lakshmipriya-devi, who is devoted to her husband, and who has dedicated her life's breath to her husband, happily serves mother Shaci.
2. She dresses and decorates the Deity. She cleans the house. She burns incense, lights lamps, cooks for the Diety, prepares sandal paste and flower garlands, and perfoems many other like services.
3. Shaci artistically decorates the Deity room in many ways. Rapt in this service, she forgets herself.
4. As long as they are rapt in the Deity's service, Shaci and Lakshmipriya are are not broken into pieces by grief.
5. Still, in separation from Lord Gauranga, Lakshmipriya finds her heart is tormented with grief. In His absence, her love for Him overwhelms her body.
6. Her grief in His absence eventually assumed the form of a snake. Seeing that snake, Lakshmipriya felt great wonder in her heart.
7. That snake bit Lakshmipriya's foot. Then Lakshmipriya returned to the spiritual world. This Locana dasa says.
Song 6 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. gharere a-ila prabhu ratna laiNa
matri sthane dila dhana harashita haiNa
2. namaskara kari prabhu nehare badana
birasa badana shaci na kahe bacana
3. prabhu kahe kena mata birasa badana
tomare mailna dekhi pode mora mana
4. e bola shuniya shaci gadagada bhasha
jharaye ankhira nira bhija hoya basa
5. kahite na pare kichu sa-karuna kantha
kahila amara badhu calila baikuntha
6. prabhu kahe shoka teji shuna mora mata
nirbandha na ghuce se-i likhana bidhata
7. putrera bacana shaci shuni sabadhane
shoka na karila kichu na karila mane
8. kahaye locana dasa shunaha caritra
lakshmi swarge arohana bishwambhara sangita
1. Lord Gaura returns home with many jewels. To mother Shaci He happily gives the wealth He had brought.
2. Lord Gaura bows down before her and gazes at her face. He face drawn and withered, Shaci speaks not a word.
3. Lord Gaura says, "Mother, why is your face so drawn and withered? When I see your face so sad, My heart bursts into flames.
4. Hearing these words, Shaci speaks some broken words in a choked voice. Tears stream from her eyes and wet the cloth over her heart.
5. She has no power to speak. Grief fills her throat. Finally she says, "My daughter-in-law has gone to Vaikuntha."
6. Lord Gaura says, "Renounce your grief. O mother, please hear My words. No one can destroy his destiny, the destiny Lord Brahma writes on his forehead."
7. Carefully listening to her son's words, Shaci did not lament. She did not lament in her heart.
8. Locana dasa says: Please hear this pastime, the pastime of Lakshmipriya's ascent to Vaikuntha. In this way I have sung of Lord Vishvambhara's pastimes.