|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Krsna dasa|
Song 1 (Shri-raga)
1. nita-i chaitanya dohe bada abatara
emana dayala data na ha-ibe ara
2. mleccha candala ninduka pashandadi yata
karunamaya uddhara karila kata shata
3. hena abatare mora kichu-i na haila
haya re daruna prana ki sukhe rahila
4. yata yata abatara ha-ila bhubane
hena abatara bha-i na haya kathane
5. hena prabhura pada-padma na kari bhajana
hate tuli mukhe bisha karinu bhakshana
6. gaura-kirtana-rase jagata dubila
haya re abhagara bindu parasha nahila
7. kande krishna-dasa kesha chindi nija kare
dhik dhik abhagiya kena nahi mare
1. Nitai and Chaitanya are exalted avataras. No one is merciful like Them.
2. How many hundreds of mlecchas, candalas, blasphemers, and offenders did They deliver?
3. Why does the descent of Nitai and Chaitanya to this world mean nothing to me? Alas! My heart is very cruel. How can I live a happy life?
4. Many many avataras have come to this world. O my brothers, none of Them are like these avataras.
5. I did not worship those two Lords. Raising my hand to my mouth, I have drunk poison.
6. The whole world is plunged into the nectar of kirtana brought by Lord Gaura. Alas! Not even a drop of that nectar has touched this unfortunate soul.
7. With his own hands Krishna dasa pulls the hairs from his head. Alas! Alas! I am very unfortunate! Why do I not die?
Song 2 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. are re ninduka bha-i tore kire bodha na-i
britha-i dharila dona ankhi
saba abatara-sara shri-gauranga abatara
tumi tahe raiyacha upekhi
2. sura-pana aty-acara bhruna-hatya byabicara
tantra-dharme bharata byapila
yaksha raksha bishahari nana upahara kari
jiba sabe pujite lagila
3. dekhiya jibera dainya prabhu mora shri-chaitanya
nabadvipe prakata ha-ila
taraka brahma hari-nama yaci sabe kari dana
dharmera se glani ghuca-ila
4. jaga-i madha-i adi dushkritera nirabadhi
hari-name karila uddhara
brahmana yabane mili kara-ila kolakuli
parateke dekha eka-bara
5. nastike karila bhakta khanje kaila gati-shakta
andhera karila cakshu-dana
kahe dina krishna-dasa nahile ithe bishvasa
tora ara nahi paritrana
1. O blapshemer brother, why do you not understand? Your eyes have become useless. Although Lord Gauranga is the best of all avataras, still you turn your eyes from Him.
2. The people drink liquor and kill unborn children and commit many sins. The tantric religion has covered the world. Bringing many gifts, the people worship yakshas, rakshasas and Goddess Manasa.
3. Seeing the peoples' fallen condition, my mnaster, Shri Chaitanya became manifest in Navadvipa.He begged everyone to please accept the holy name of Lord Hari, a name delivers the chanter. In this way the Lord stopped the decline of true religion.
4. With the gift of Lord Hari's holy name He delivered Jagai, Madhai, and a host of sinners. By His influence the brahmanas and yavanas now meet and embrace. Even just once you should see this sight.
5. The blasphemers have now become devotees. The lame now walk. The blind now see. Poor Krishna dasa says: If you have no faith in these words, you will not be delivered.
Song 3 (Suha-i-raga)
1. shantipurera baria-mali baikuntha bagana khali
kariya anila eka cara
nita-i malire pana cara tara hate diya
yatane ropita kaila nada
2. nadiya uttama sthana tahate kari udyana
ropila chaitanya-taru mali
bade taru dine dine shakha-patra aganane
gaja-ila yatne jala dhali
3. pa-iya bhakati-jala nama-prema du-i phala
prasabila se taru sundara
se-i du-i phalera ashe jiba-pakhi nitya ase
kolahale kare nirantara
4. anande nita-i mali la-iya mathaya dali
du-i phale sabare bilaya
na-i jati bhedabheda sabara mitila kheda
phalasvade sakalete paya
5. dhara la-o la-o bali anande nita-i mali
a-candale phala bila-ila
ye-i caya se-i paya ye na cahe se-o paya
yabane-o phala aswadila
6. ki mora karama phere na herinu se taru re
na cininu se mali dayala
krishna dasa durashaya dante trina kari kaya
dhik dhik e poda kapala
1. The great gardener of Shantipura brought a young sapling from Vaikuntha and gave it to Nitai. Nitai took the sapling from His hand. Nar3a carefully planted it.
2. In the most glorious place of Nadiya He made a garden. There the gardener planted the Chaitanya tree. Day after day the tree grew. Its branches and leaves were beyond number. The gardener watered it, and it grew.
3. Watered with the waters of bhakti (devotional service), that beautiful tree bore two kinds of fruits: nama (the holy name) and prema (ecstatic spiritual love). The birds that are the invidual spirit souls yearn to taste those two fruits. There is always an uproar.
4. The gardener Nitai joyfully picked these two kinds of fruits, placed them in a basket, and carried that basket on His head. Those fruits He distributed to everyone without considering caste or birth. Anyone who tasted these fruits found all his sufferings and troubles came to an end.
5. Saying, "Please take. Take. Take.", the gardener Nitai gave those fruits to everyone, even down to the candalas. Whoever wished those fruits at ocne received them. The persons who did not wish those fruits received them anyway. Even the yavanas relished those fruits.
6. Because of my past misdeeds I did not see that tree. I did not see that merciful gardener. Placing a blade of straw between my teeth, I, wicked-hearted Krishna dasa, say: Alas! Alas! A flaming calamity has fallen on my head!
Song 4 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. prema-sindhu gora-raya nita-i taranga taya
karuna batasa cari pashe
prema uthaliya pade jagata hakala chade
tapa trishna sabakara nashe
2. (Refrain) dekha dekha nita-i chaitanya dayamaya
bhakta hamsa candramake pibi pibi bali dake
pa-iya bancita kena haya
3. dubi rupa sanatana tole nana ratna dhana
yatane ganthiya tara mala
bhakti lata sutra kari leha jiba kanthe bhari
dure yabe apanara jwala
4. lila rasa sankirtana bikasita padma-bana
jagata bharila yara base
phutila kusuma-bana matila bhramara-gana
pa-iya bancita krishna dase
1. Lord Gaura is a flowing river of spiritual love, a river where Lord Nitai is the waves and mercy is the breeze blowing in the four directions. Now the ecstasies of love rise and fall in that river. Now the world lets out a tumultous roar. Now every person's burning sufferings and thirsts are at once destroyed.
2. (Refrain) Look! Look! There are the merciful Lords Chaitanya and Nitai! In the moonlight the swans of the devotees drink and drink from that river of love. Loudly they sing. Not one of them is cheated of drinking that nectar.
3. Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami dive deep into that river. Up they come holding treasures of many jewels, jewels they carefully string onto vines of devotional service, string into necklaces they place on the fallen souls' necks, souls the flames of whose sufferings will soon be extinguished, will far away be cast.
4. In those waters of nectar grows a lotus forest filled with nectar pastimes of sankirtana, a forest whose fragrance fills the worlds, a forest where the wild bumblebees and blossoming flowers are the devotees. Alas! Krishna dasa is still cheated of the nectar of that forest.
Song 5 (Suha-i-raga)
1. lilamrita rasa sara tara shata shata dhara
dasha dike bahe yaha haite
se caitany-lila haya sarobara akshaya
mano-hamsa chada-o tahate
2. (Refrain) bhakta-gana shuna mora chaitanya-badana
tomara sabara shri-carana kari anga bibhushana
karo kichu eka nibedana
3. krishna-bhakti siddhanta-gana praphullita padma-bana
taha madhu kara aswadana
prema-rase kumud-bane praphullita ratri-dine
tahe caraha mano-bhringa-gana
4. nana-bhabe bhakta-gana hamsa cakrabaka-gana
yate sabe karena bihara
krishna-keli mrinala yaha pa-i sarba-kala
bhakta karaye ahara
5. se-i sarobare yana hamsa cakrabaka haina
sada tate karaha bilasa
khandibe sakala duhkha pa-ibe parama sukha
anayase kahe krishna-dasa
1. From the ten directions hundreds and hudreds of flooding rivers of the sweetest nectar of Lord Krishna's pastimes flow into the eternal lake of Lod Chaitanya's pastimes. O swans of the devotees' thoughts, please fly to that lake.
2. (Refrain) O devotees, please hear my words about Lord Chaitanya. All of you please make Lord Krishna's graceful feet the ornaments of your bodies. This I request of you.
3. O bumblebees of the devotees' thoughts, please taste the sweet nectar in the blossoming lotus forest of the truths of devotion to Lord Krishna. Day and night please fly in the blossoming lotus forest of ecstatic love for Lord Krishna.
4. O swans and cakravaka birds of the devotees, please enjoy many kinds of pastimes in those lotus forests. Always stay amongst the lotus-stalks of Lord Krishna's pastimes. Enjoy there.
5. O swans and cakravaka birds of the devotees, go to that lake of Lord Chaitanya's pastimes. Always enjoy pastimes there. Your sufferings will be broken into pieces. You will find supreme happiness. Krishna dasa confidently speaks these words.
Song 6 (Suha-i-raga)
1. gauramrita anukshana sadhu mahanta megha-gana
bishwodyane kare barishana
tate phale prema-phala bhakta khaya nirantara
tara preme jiye jagaj-jana
2. chaitanya-lilamrita-pura krishna-lila-karpura
du-i mili haya ye madhurya
sadhu-guru-prasade tate yara mano-bandhe
se-i jane madhurya-pracurya
3. se-i lilamrita bine khaya yadi anna-pane
tabu bhaktera durbala jibana
yara eka binu pane praphullita tanu mane
hase gaya karaye nartana
4. e amrita kara pana yaha bina nahi ana
citte kara su-dridha bishwasa
na pada kutarka-garte amedhya karkashavarte
yahate padile sarba-nasha
5. shri chaitanya nityananda adwaita ara bhakta-brinda
ara yata srota bhakta-gana
toma sabara shri-carana shire kari bhushana
yaha haite abhishta purana
6. shri-rupa shri-sanatana raghunatha shri-carana
shire dhari kari tanra asha
krishna-lilamritanwita chaitanya caritamrita
gaya kichu dina krishna-dasa
1. Moment after moment the great saints shower on the garden of this world a monsoon of the nectar of Lord Gaura's pastimes. From these monsoon rains grow the fruits of ecstatic spiritual love. Again and again the devotees eat these fruits. By eating these fruits the people of the world become alive with the ecstasy of spieitual love.
2. The nectar of Lord Chaitanya's pastimes with the camphor of Lord Krishna's pastimes combine to make a very great sweetness. Persons who in their hearts carry the mercy of the spiritual master and the saints can understand the great sweetness of that nectar drink.
3. If a devotee merely eats food and drinks drinks and does not taste the nectar of the Lord's pastimes, then his life will become very weak. But if he tastes a single drop of that nectar then his body and mind will blossom with happiness. Then he will dance and sing and laugh.
4. If a person drink that nectar alone and nothing else, then the faith in his heart will become very strong. He will not fall down into the pit of illogical ideas. He will not fall into the horrible whirlpool of sins. He will not fall into a calamity where all is lost.
5. O hearers of this song, please make the graceful feet of Shri Chaitanya, Shri Nityananda, Shri Advaita, and all Their devotees the ornament you carry on your heads. Do this and all your desires will be fulfilled.
6. Please place the graceful feet of Shri Rupa Gosvami, Shri Sanatana Gosvami, and Shri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami upon your heads. Then your desires will be fulfilled. In this way poor Krishna dasa sings a brief song about some of the nectar of Lord Krishna's pastimes and the nectar of Lord Chaitanya's pastimes.
Song 7 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. nadiyara ghate bha-i ki adbhuta tari
nita-i galu-iya tate chaitanya kandari
2. du-i raghunatha shri-jiba gopala shri-rupa sanatana
parera naukaya \era dandi chaya-jana
3. ke yabi bha-i bhaba-pare bali nita-i dake
kheyara kadi bina para kare yake take
4. atare katara bina ke para kare bha-i
kintu para kare sabhe chaitanya nita-i
5. krishna-dasa bale bha-i bala hari hari
nita-i caitanyera ghate nahi lage kadi
1. O my brothers, at the Nadiya ferry-landing is a wonderful ferry-boat. At that ferry-boat's stern stand Lord Nitai and Lord Chaitanya, the boat's captain.
2. In that ferry-boat Shri Rupa, Shri Sanatana, Shri Jiva, Shri Gopala, and the two Shri Raghunathas are the six oarsmen.
3. Loudly Lord Nitai calls, "O My brothers, who amongst you will cross the ocean of birth and death? Without paying even a single penny, you may cross in Our ferry to the other shore.
4. "Without taking the trouble to pay even a little attar incense, who will cross, O My brothers, to the farther shore? Chaitanya and Nitai will take everyone across."
5. Krishna dasa says: O my brothers, please chant, “Hari! Hari!" At the ferry-landing of Chaitanya and Nitai you need not pay even a single penny.
Song 8 (Bhairaba-raga, Eka-tala)
1. (Refrain) sonara naba gaura sundara
2. badana canda, adhara kanda nayane galata prema-taranga
candra-koti bhanu mukha, shobha-bichuyari
kusuma-shobhita, cancara cikura lalata tilaka nasika upara
dashana motima amiya hasa, damini ghanayari
3. makara-kundala jhalake ganda mani kaustubha dipta kantha
aruna basana, karuna bacana, shobha ati bhari
mala-candana carcita anga laje lajjita koti ananga
candana balaya ratana nupura, yajna-sutra-dhari
4. dharata ga-ota, bhakata-brinda kamala-sebita pada-dwandwa
thamake calata manda manda, ya-u balihari
kahata dina krishna dasa gaura-carane karata asha
patita-pabana nita-i canda, prema-dana-kari
1. (Refrain) Please meditate on youthful Lord Gaurasundara as the hero Krishna, Krishna who wears a forest garland. Krishna, who is an ocean of mercy and who dearly loves the devotees, has now become Lord Gaurasundara, the moon of Nadiya.
2. His face is a moon. His lips are flowers. Flooding waves of ecstatic spiritual love flow from His eyes as tears. His face is effulgent like millions of moons. His curly hair is decorated with flowers. Tilaka decorates His nose and forehead. His teeth are pearls. His smile is nectar. He is splendid like rainclouds and lightning.
3. Shark-shaped earrings glisten at His cheeks. His neck shines with the Kaustubha jewel. He wears reddish garments. His words are kind. He is filled with grace and glory. His limbs are anointed with sandal-paste. He shames millions of Kamadevas. He wears candana bracelets, jewel anklets, and a glorious sacred-thread.
4. The devotees sing His gloires. The goddess of fortune serves His feet. Please slowly, slowly approach Him. Surrender everything to Him. Poor Krishna dasa says: My yearn to attain the shelter of Lord Gaura's feet. I pray that Lord Nitaicandra, who purifies the fallen, will give to me the gift of ecstatic spiritual love.
Song 9 (Baradi-raga)
1. dekha du-i bha-i gaura nita-i
basila bedira upare
gagana tyajiya namila asiya
yena nisha dibakare
2. heri harashita thakura pandita
nija-gana la-iya sate
jala su-basita ghata bari kata
dhalaye dunhara mathe
3. shankha ghanta kashi benu bina bamshi
khola karatala baya
jaya jaya rola hari hari bola
caudige bhakata gaya
4. sinana karana basana parana
dhupa dipa jwali laiya arghya-thali
puja kaila du-i jane
5. upahara-gana karana bhojana
tambula candana sheshe
phula-hara diya arati kariya
1. Look at Gaura and Nitai, the two brothers who sit on the Deity-throne! As the sun comes to the night, so They descended from the spiritual sky and came to this earth.
2. Shrivasa Pandita and His associates joyfully gaze at the two Lords. From how many jars is scented water poured on the two Lord's heads?
3. Conchshells, bells, gongs, flutes, vinas, flutes, kholas, are karatalas are sounded. There is a tumult of "Jaya! Jaya!" and "Hari! Hari!" From the four directions the devotees sing.
4. The bathing completed, and now dressed in new garemnts, the two Lords sit on the throne. With incense, lamps, and arghya, worship is offered to the two Lords.
5. Offerings of food are presented. betelnuts and sandal paste are offered at the end. Offering a flower garland, and then performing arati, Krishna-dasa bows down before the two Lords.
Song 10 (Suha-i-raga)
1. abhisheke gauracandera ananda apara
kahaye bhakata-gane puraba bihara
2. pulake purala tanu a-pada-mastaka
sonara keshara jine kadamba-koraka
3. bhabe bharala mana gada gada bhasha
aneka yatane bidhi purayala asha
4. shacira nandana gora jati prana-dhana
shuni canda-mukhera katha juda-ila mana
5. goracandera lilaya yara ha-ila bishwasa
duhkhi krishna-dasa tara dasa anudasa
1. A shoreless ocean of bliss flooded Lord Gaurachandra's abhisheka. Thus the devotees describe the Lord's pastime.
2. From head to foot the hairs of His body stod erect. He defeated the golden lion's mane or the kadamba flower's buds.
3. His heart is filled with ecstasy. With a choked voice He speaks broken words. He fulfills everyone's desires.
4. Lord Gaura, who is Shaci's son, is the life's treasure of all who live. Hearing the description of His moonlike face brings cooling bliss to every heart.
5. Of all who have faith in Lord Gaurachandra's pastimes sad Krishna dasa is the servant. He is the servant of their servants.
Song 8 (Kalyana-raga)
1. The full-moon of Lord Garua-Hari mercifully appeared on the horizon of Nadiya. Grievous sins were all destrioyed. The three worlds were filled with joy. The universe was filled with the sound of "Hari!"
2. At that moment Lord Advaita R.aya stood up in His house and began to dance, His heart filled with joy. He and Haridasa sang a tumultuous kirtana. Why did They dance? No one knew.