|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Kanu dasa|
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. ke go a-i gaura-barana banka bhuru banka nayana
cina cina cina yena kari
e-i na se nandera gopala yashodara jibana dulala
a-ila kari gopira mana-curi
2. shire chila mohana cuda ebe matha kaila neda
kaupina parila dhada chadi
gopi-mana mohanera tare mohana-bamshi chila kare
ebe se ha-ila danda-dhari
3. nipa-taru-mule giya adhare murali laiya
radha-nama karita sadhana
ebe suradhuni-tire bahu duti ucca ka're
sada-i karaye sankirtana
4. nabina nagara saje gopi-saha kunja-majhe
karita ye bibidha bilasa
ebe parishada sange nama yace dina-beshe
se-i e-i kahe kanu-dasa
1. Look! Look! Look! Who is this person with a fair complexion, with curved eyebrows and eyes with crooked glances? He cannot be Nanda's gopa son. He cannot be Yashoda's beloved son. He cannot be the boy that robbed the gopis of their hearts.
2. In the past His hair was glorious. Now His head is shaved. Now He wears a kaupina and a sannyasi's garments. In the past He charmed the gopis' hearts. In the past He played charming melodies on his flute. Now He carries a sannyasi's danda.
3. In the past He sat under a kadamba tree, placed the flute to His lips, and played melodies that were actually songs chanting Shri Radha's name. Now He stands by the Ganga's banks, raises His arms, and always sings in sankirtana.
4. In the past He was the teenage hero of amorous pastimes. In the past He enjoyed many pastimes with the gopis in the middle of the forest. Now He wears the garments of a sannyasi. Accompanied by His companions, He begs everyone to accept the chanting of Lord Krishna's holy names. Kanu dasa speaks these words.
Song 2 (Baradi-raga)
1. jibera emana daya kotha-o na dekhi
nayara chaitanya prabhu
dina-hina-jane emana karuna ara
nahi dekhi kabhu
2. yuga-dharma lagiya bairagye bhramiya
phirena deshe deshe
pa-iya akincana yaciNa prema-dhana
3. nija nama sankirtana parama nigudha dhana
karunaya gadhala kaya
dhira adhira jada pangu andha atura
sabare samana daya
4. tina tapa tapite dekhiya tri-jagata
nayana bharala prema-jale
shitala karite heriya kripa-dithi
barikhaye kanu-dase bale
1. Nowhere have I seen mercy like this, mercy to the fallen souls. Never have I seen mercy like the mercy Lord Chaitanya gave to the poor fallen people.
2. Following the yuga-dharma, He wandered as a sannyasi from place to place. Meeting the poor souls He begged them to accept the treasure of ecstatic spiritual love. In this way He gave His mercy.
3. He mercifully gave the great hidden treasure of nama-sankirtana, of the chanting of His own holy names. He was equally merciful to all, to the saints, sinners, fools, lame, blind, and sick.
4. When He saw how the three worlds suffered the three-fold miseries, His eyes filled with tears fo love. Showering His glance of mercy, He brought cooling relief to the suffering worlds. Kanu dasa speaks these words.