|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Jnana dasa|
Song 1 (Beloyara-raga)
1. shaci-garbha-sindhu-majhe gauranga-ratana raje
prakata ha-ila abanite
heri se ratana abha jagata ha-ila lobha
papatama luka-ila turite
2. (Refrain) aya dekhi giya goracande
e canda-badanera age gaganera canda ki lage
canda heri canda laje kande
3. piyile candera sudha dure naki yaya kshudha
ta-i tare bale sudhakara
e candera nama sudha pane yaya bhaba-kshudha
haya jiba ajara amara
4. gora-mukha-sudhakare hari-nama-sudha jhare
jnana-dase se amrita caki
edabe samsara-shanka gora-nama mari danka
shamana-kinkare dibe phanki
1. In the ocean of Shaci's womb, the regal jewel of Lord Gauranga was manifest in this world. Gazing at the spelndor of this jewel, the people of the world yearned to attain it, and the great sins quickly hid.
2. (Refrain) Ah! He came and gazed at the moon of Lord Gaura! In the presence of the moon of Lord Gauranga's face, of what use is the moon in the sky? Gazing at the moon fo Lord Gauranga's face, the sky's embarrassed moon wept.
3. Anyone who drinks the nectar of that moon finds his hunger flees far away. The sky's moon says: The very name of this moon is nectar. Anyone who drinks that nectar finds the hungers of this world of birth and death flee far away. That person becomes free from old age and death.
4. On the nectar moon of Lord Gaura's face flows a nectar river of Lord Keshka's holy names. JOana dasa has himself taken some sips from that river. When the drummer of Lord Gaura's holy name beats his big drum, the fears of this world fo birth and death flee. Those drumbeats scatter Yamaraja's servants.
Song 2 (Dhanashri-raga)
1. (Refrain) hema-barana bara sundara bigraha
sura-taru bara parakasha
pulaka patra-naba prema pakwa-phala
kusuma manda mridu-hasa
2. nacata gaura manohara sundara
adbhuta ranjita suradhuni dhara
tri-jagata loka oka bhari pa-ola
3. bhaba bibhabamaya rasa-rupa anubhaba
su-balita rasamaya anga
dwirada matta-gati ati su-manohara
murachita lakha ananga
4. dhani kshiti-mandala dhani nadiya pura
dhani dhani ha-i kali-kala
dhani abatara dhanire dhani kirtana
jOana dasa naha para
1. (Refrain) His graceful golden form is a divine tree, a tree where His boldy hairs standing erect are the leaves, His ecstatic spiritual love is the ripe fruit, and His gentle smile is the flowers.
2. Charming, wonderful, glorious Lord Gaura dances by the Ganga's stream. To the residents of the three worlds He gives a necklace of the jewels of devotional service.
3. His body is filled with the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. His nectar form displays the symptoms of ecstatic love. His graceful motions are like an intoxicated elephant's walk. He enchants the heart. He overwhelms millions of Kamadevas.
4. Glorious is the circle of the earth! Glorious is Nadiya-pura! Glorious, glorious is the age of Kali! Glorious is Lord Gaura's descent to this world! Most glorious of all glories is His sankirtana movement of chanting the holy names! JOana dasa knows nothing more glorious than sankirtana.