|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Jagannatha dasa|
Song 1 (Bhatiyari-raga)
1. phalguna-purnima tithi shubhaga sakali
janama labhibe gora pade hulahuli
2. ambare amara sabe bhela unamukha
labhibe janama gora yabe saba dukha
3. shankha dundubhi baje parama harishe
jaya-dhwani sura-gula kusuma barishe
4. jaga bhari hari-dhwani uthe ghana ghana
a-bala banita adi nara-nari-gana
5. shubha-kshane jani gora janama labhila
purnimara candra yena prakasha karila
6. se-i kale candre rahu karila grahana
hari hari dhwani uthe bhariya bhubana
7. dina-hina uddhara ha-ibe bhela asha
dekhiya anande bhase jagannatha-dasa
1. When Lord Gaura takes birth at an auspicious moment during the full-moon of Phalguna month, there will be a joyous tumult.
2. When Lord Gaura takes birth the demigods will appear in the sky. They will crane their necks to see Him. All sufferings will flee far away.
3. Conchshells and dundubhi drums are sounded with great joy. The demigods call out, “Jaya!˘ and shower flowers.
4. Men, women, children, everyone raise a great tumult of “Hari!", a tumult that fills the worlds.
5. Then, when the full-moon was manifest, at an auspicious moment Lord Gaura took birth in this world.
6. Then, when Rahu swallowed the moon, a great cry of “Hari! Hari!˘ filled the worlds.
7. Seeing the great hope that the poor fallen people will soon be delivered, Jagannatha dasa now floats in bliss.