|NITAAI-Veda.nyf > All Scriptures By Acharyas > Prayers and Songs > Songs of Vaishnava Acharyas > Jagadananda|
Song 1 (Shri-raga)
1. pape purala prithibi parisara pekhi parama dayala
prema-paya paripurna payo-nidhi prakata pranata-pala
2. (Refrain) pahum patita-pabana nama
pashupa preyasi piriti para-rasa pranaya piyusha dhama
3. pranata-palaka padabi pala-i puraba parikara meli
pracura pataki-papa parihara pada parinata keli
4. puja-i pashupati padma asana pada-pankaja-dwandwa
para panca pathe padi pekhi na pekhala jagadananda andha
1. Seeing that the earth was filled with sins, the supremely merciful Lord, the protector of the surrendered souls, flooded the earth with an ocean of ecstatic spiritual love.
2. (Refrain) He who bears the name Patita-pavana (purifier of the fallen) is the Supreme Lord. He is the abode of the nectar of spiritual love. He is Lord Krishna, for whom the gopis feel the sweet nectar of love.
3. He who is the protector of the surrendered souls came to this world, met with His previous associates, enjoyed pastimes, and removed the sins of this world.
4. Shiva and Brahma worship His lotus feet. Blind Jagadananda, who stumbles as he walks on the path, even if he looks, cannot see Him.
Song 2 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. ageyana-dhwanta duranta nimagana
akhila loka nehari
kona bihi nabadwipa de-ola
ujora dipaka jari
2. (Refrain) saba diga darashana bhela
kirane jhalamala bahira antare
timira saba dure gela
3. ku-patha parihari sadhu-pantha pathika paricaya ranna
nama-hemaka dama pahirala prema-manikhani sanga
4. dulaha sampade dina duragata
jagata bhari paripura
janama andhala ekali rahu hasa
jagata bahira dura
1. Seeing that all the worlds were plunged into the unbearable darkness of ignorance, He placed a glistening lamp in Navadvipa.
2. (Refrain) Now all the directions are clearly seen. The glistening light shines within and without. All the darkness has fled far away.
3. Now everyone has left the bad path. Now everyone happily walks on the path of the saints. Everyone wears a golden necklace of the Lord's holy names, a necklace where the jewels are the ecstasies of spiritual love.
4. Now the poor misguided people are rich with that great spiritual treasure. The whole world is filled with that treasure. Only one lonely person, a person blind from birth, is shut out from that world of treasure.
Song 3 (Dhanashi-raga)
1. nara hari-nama antare achu bhavaha habe bhaba-sagare para
dhara re shrabane nara hari-nama sadare cintamani uha sara
2. yadi krita-papi adare kabhu mantraka-raja shrabane kare pana
shri-Krishna-chaitanya-balye hayatachu durgama papa-tapa saha trana
3. karaha gaura guru baishnaba ashraya laha nara hari-nama hara
samsare nama la-i sukriti ha-iyate re a-pamara duracara
4. ithe krita bishaya trishna pahum nama-hara yo dharane shrama tara
kutrishna-jagadananda krita-kalmasha kumati rahala karagara
1. O people, when in your hearts you love Lord Krishna's holy names, then you will cross to the farther shore of the ocean of birth and death. O people, with your ears please grasp Lord Krishna's holy names. With love and respect hold the cintamani jewel of Lord Krishna's holy names.
2. If you have committed sins, then with your ears drink the sweet nectar of the king of mantras. Lord Shri Krishna Chaitanya will save you from all sins and sufferings.
3. Accept Lord Gaura as your master. Take shelter of the Vaishnavas. Wear the necklace of Lord Krishna's holy names. Even the most misbehaved and unimportant person in this world will become a saint by chanting Lord Krishna's holy names.
4. One should thirst after Lord Krishna's holy names. One should wear a necklace of Lord Krishna's holy names. With great diligence one should meditate on Lord Krishna's holy names. These words were spoken by Jagadananda, a person who thirsts after the wrong things, a sinner with a wicked heart, a criminal who resides in a prison.
Song 4 (Kamoda-raga, Kandarpa-tala)
1. damini-dama-damana ruci darashane, dure ge-o darapaki dapa
shona kusuma tahe, kona ganiye re pratara-aruna-santapa
2. (Refrain) gora-rupera yana balihari
heri sudhakara, murachi carana-tale padi dasha-nakha-rupa-dhari
3. subarana barana heri nija kubarana jani apana mana tape
nija tanu jwari bhasama sama kara-ite, paithale anala santape
4. yo sama bidhika adhika nahi anubhaba, tulana dibara nahi thora
jagadananda kahu pahumka tulana pahum nirupama gaura-kishora
1. His glory eclipses lightning. It makes the glistening mirror's pride flee far away. Who counts golden flowers glorious in comparison to Him? He makes the reddish dawn burn with envy.
2. (Refrain) I approach Lord Gaura's gloriosu form and I surrender everything to Him. I gaze at the nectar moon of His face. I fall at His feet. I grasp His feet glorious with ten toenails.
3. I gaze at His golden form. Aware of how unworthy I am, I burn with shame. I feel as if my body had burned to ashes, as if I had entered a great fire.
4. No one is greater than Him. No one is equal to Him. Jagadananda says: Only the Lord Himself is the Lord's equal. Lord Gaura-kishora has no equal.
Song 5 (Shri-raga)
1. gaura-kalebara mauli manohara cikura aiche nehari
janu hema mahidhara shikhare camara de-i ura-para dari
2. pina ura upanita krita upabita, sitima ranga
janu kanaya bhudhara, bedhi bilasa-i, sura-tarangini ganga
3. adha ambara adha sambara adha anga su-cora
janu jalada sane, ati bala-rabi-cchabi, nikase adhika ujora
4. jagata ananda pahunka pada-nakha, lakha-i aichana chanda
janu minaketana, karu nirmanchana, carane de-i dasha canda
1. I gaze at Lord Gaura hair and head and form like a golden mountain summit and a camara whisk.
2. His glorious broad chest adorned with a sacred thread is like a golden mountain where a glistening wave-filled Ganga flows.
3. His glorious limbs half covered by garments, He is like a dawning sun shining from behind the clouds.
4. Lord Gaura's toenails that delight the worlds are like the pujari Kamadeva offering arati and placing ten moons before Lord Gaura's feet.